PDA

View Full Version : Hanover Updates

Jack Tarlin
08-29-2010, 11:35
I've been out of town recently but have heard some unfortunate news, which is that Forest Service personnel have been going by the "soccer field" campsite and informing hikers that they should NOT be camping there. (I do not know if the site is presently posted to this effect).

Hikers should probably avoid the campsites immediately adjacent to the Trail; sites well removed from the Trail are probably OK. As always, don't stay on the field itself as this WILL result in a visit from college or town Police.

Hikers should also avoid overnighting in any college buildings, especially the Outing Club building as there have been several recent incidents involving college security. In fact, because of the annual Outing Club freshman trip program, the Outing Club building is pretty much closed to hikers anyway for the next few weeks.

Lastly, and a lot of folks don't know about this (and the Outing Club was one of the few places that posted the information), it is now possible to get a shower and laundry done in town. Follow the Trail North thru town and across the street from the Co-op supermarket you'll see the local Community/Senior center. Check in at the front desk and for a nominal fee, you can get yourself and your clothes cleaned up downstairs. This is a great service for hikers and I wish more people knew about it.

Jack Tarlin
09-15-2010, 13:54
WB readers might be curious to know that there have been several important changes in Hanover in the past year. The Trail has indeed been re-routed to the other side of Main St., so it now goes by more shops, the Town Hall, the P.O., etc.

Also, a beautiful new shower/laundry facility opened up in the Community Center (which is now right on the Trail as you head North out of town). It is now possible for hikers, bike travelers, and anyone else to get a shower and a load of laundry done at very reasonable cost.

mweinstone
09-15-2010, 17:37
the AT's a wonderful thing. no laundrry you say. heven forbid. yes virginia their is a laundry. why whithout laundrys and the people who run them, their would be no clean. imaging virginia if all the laundrys in all the countrys in the world diddnt exist. that would be a sad world indeen virginia. no laundry/ you tell your father hes right virginia.if he says if you see it in the times it must be true, belive him virginia. in all the laundrys in all the worlds in all the universes that exist virginia, laundry is good.

johnnybgood
09-15-2010, 17:44
the AT's a wonderful thing. no laundrry you say. heven forbid. yes virginia their is a laundry. why whithout laundrys and the people who run them, their would be no clean. imaging virginia if all the laundrys in all the countrys in the world diddnt exist. that would be a sad world indeen virginia. no laundry/ you tell your father hes right virginia.if he says if you see it in the times it must be true, belive him virginia. in all the laundrys in all the worlds in all the universes that exist virginia, laundry is good.
I'll let the rest of virginia know matty. ;)

mweinstone
09-15-2010, 18:15
every year at christmas when they read her letter i cry. it is my single favorite most moveing to tears outside the bible thinggy.im welling up now. this is why i cant get chicks.

Skidsteer
09-15-2010, 18:21

this is why i cant get chicks.

The first step is to learn how to spell virgin.

mweinstone
09-15-2010, 18:38
does the term" badda boom" seem aprepo?phillys . by!