PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to my kid at the Gathering

litespeedlujak
09-15-2010, 22:01
We'll be at the Gathering. My son is great. He used to have a diagnosis as a high functioning autistic, now they have him as ADHD. He has a bit of a low I.Q. But he is such an over achieving kid, it's unreal. He is in the 10th grade and serves on his Jr. ROTC team. He'll never be able to go into the military. I like to think he not only serves his school and community as well as his country in his own little way. He is on the armed drill team. He is fantastic. Throws the rifle around very well for a 10th grader. He was presented with the Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award at last years Marine Jr. ROTC ceremony by West Virginia's lone congresssional medal of honor recipient, Woody Williams. Taylor struggles with his grades but he always does his best. We have a goal of hiking the AT the year after he graduates from high school in 2014. I think we can do it. I think I'll have a better chance of making it because I'll play off his youthfulness and strength. He will have a better chance of making it because he will play off my maturity. If you can't tell by now, my youngest son is my hero. When you see us at the Gathering, I'd like very much for everyone to come up and shake his hand. The thing about Taylor is he loves the team thing. Be Taylor's hero. Shake his hand and introduce yourself. I'll have an Adventure Cyclist hat on and probably a Marshall University shirt. Peace.

Jack Tarlin
09-16-2010, 14:47
I'll be there all weekend and will be taking part in several events/presentations for folks planning extended hikes on the A.T. I look forward very much to saying hello to both of you guys next month!

dzierzak
09-16-2010, 15:51
Just down the road in Huntington, at Marshall for the past ...mmumble... years. Good for Taylor! Hope to see you at the Gathering..

T.O.P.

LIhikers
09-16-2010, 17:52
It doesn't look like my wife and I will be able to make the gathering this year so tell him hello for me. Tell him fallsdownalot and hacky sack say "Hi". :)

Jester2000
09-16-2010, 22:32
Will see you & Taylor there!

mweinstone
09-17-2010, 00:41
dear taylor, im matthewski and my bacon pancakes can be your bacon pancakes should we become friends. both you guys get some.you have received this message to confirm your bacon pancakes will be reserved in your names under the secure bacon pancake id # 44732873557374513-1. please be advised your pancakes will be released into your custody only after presentation of your secure bacon pancake id reservation # and a retenal scan.

mweinstone
09-17-2010, 00:47
i wonder if theirs a muslum hiker named matthewski in bazzaro hikerworld who loves turkey bacon pancakes. i would imagin their is.and that we will meet. and be brothers. but ill be the normal one. cause turkeybacon aint right. is it?

litespeedlujak
09-17-2010, 12:53
Stone is a bit odd. But that's ok. I imagine his cakes would make for fantastic entertainment as Frisbees. I was trying to think of a snappy comeback but the wierdness of his post threw me. Not sure how else to reply.

dzierzak
09-17-2010, 13:52
No real reply to a Matty post:p

T.O.P.