PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Long Trail Documentary

Tuts
09-16-2010, 20:08
I don't usually post much on here, but I did a bit of a documentary on the Long Trail when I thru-hiked it this spring. I think it came out better than my AT documentary last year. It's probably not as good as a professional could have done but I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think. www.youtube.com/tuts999 (http://www.youtube.com/tuts999)

Tuts

4eyedbuzzard
09-16-2010, 21:46
Honestly? I made it through the first 3 minutes of the 7 minute video but you you were still in the car so I kind of turned it off / closed the window. SOrry, just being honest. Was there hiking to follow?

Hooch
09-16-2010, 22:05
Honestly? I made it through the first 3 minutes of the 7 minute video but you you were still in the car so I kind of turned it off / closed the window. SOrry, just being honest. Was there hiking to follow?You only had 2:07 more to endure for him to get out of the car, 4EB. I think the video would have been enteraining if had actually been a docmentary of the hike itself, instead of just showing the trip to the trailhead. Thanks for trying, though.

Tuts
09-17-2010, 00:53
Actually, that was the first in the series of the playlist... I appreciate the input but if you don't want to see the rest of it, then I understand. There's about 40 minutes of footage I think all together and it's all posted there. It's sort of a how-to as well as the experience. The first vid is sort of the intro, hense the name, the next ones are the hiking, the trail conditions, weather and so on.
Tuts

nitewalker
09-17-2010, 07:55
im on video number five and out of the previous four you were only in the car for the 1st 3min. i watched your AT series last yr and thought it was done rreally well. the long trail tapes are just as good. keep up the good work. if i didnt click the mouse two times i may never have known you had other vids..HELLO!! lol, peace out!

4eyedbuzzard
09-17-2010, 08:32
Actually, that was the first in the series of the playlist... I appreciate the input but if you don't want to see the rest of it, then I understand. There's about 40 minutes of footage I think all together and it's all posted there. It's sort of a how-to as well as the experience. The first vid is sort of the intro, hense the name, the next ones are the hiking, the trail conditions, weather and so on.
Tuts

Oh. Okay. I saw some other links on the side but didn't realize there was a multi-part set. I went back and watched some of the last episode (?). Perhaps you could post links to them in a playlist order to make it easier to navigate to them. Youtube doesn't seem to put them in order or anything.

Tuts
09-17-2010, 16:39
I believe there is a playlist menu if you click where it says playlists on the top of my channel page. Otherwise my website has them all posted at www.trekkingon.com (http://www.trekkingon.com) ... sorry for the confusion, I'll try to work it all out, and thanks for the great feedback. I really appreciate it.

StriderNCT2013
03-20-2013, 13:50
Tuts, I watched your LT documentary over a year ago and I enjoyed it, well done. I was paying close attention to your bit on the areas between Camel Hump and Rutland, I'm doing a thru-hike of the North Country Trail this year and plan on using part of the LT to connect to the AT, finally getting on a train in Rutland to get home. The LT looks fantastic, can't wait to set foot on 'er. Happy Trails.
-Strider www.stridernct.com

lemon b
03-21-2013, 10:48
So far so good. Quite frankly I'm into anything involving the Long Trail. Love it.

oldnevada
05-22-2013, 22:13
Hi Tuts, I enjoyed it myself. Watched the whole thing. It would have been nice if you had backpacked the whole length and commented on the highlights, especially the shelters, difficult spots etc. When you started flat packing I watched though my interest began to slacken. But, your monologue was interesting and would have been totally cool if you had backpacked it completely so we could see the changes in your psychology, vis a vis the route. :)

oldnevada

Nar Nar
05-25-2013, 22:37
Hi Tuts, I enjoyed it myself. Watched the whole thing. It would have been nice if you had backpacked the whole length and commented on the highlights, especially the shelters, difficult spots etc. When you started flat packing I watched though my interest began to slacken. But, your monologue was interesting and would have been totally cool if you had backpacked it completely so we could see the changes in your psychology, vis a vis the route. :)

oldnevada

I'm pretty sure he only slack packed 1 day. This series made me a die hard Tuts fan haha, I've seen all his other documentaries and I enjoy them thoroughly. Keep up the great work Tuts!

Likes2travel
05-25-2013, 23:24
I have watched all of your backpacking vids Tuts and have enjoyed them all.