PDA

View Full Version : Hard Core in Maine?

spvceman
09-19-2010, 09:47
I volunteered for Hard Core this spring in VA (it was awesome), and I remember someone mentioning that there would be another Hard Core in Maine some time this fall. Does anyone have the info on that? (I already tried calling the ATC. They never called me back.)

Thanks

Jeff
09-19-2010, 12:59
I believe the Hardcore event in Millinocket, ME was the weekend of Sep 10th as part of the Trails End Festival.

There is also a Hardcore event in Rutland, Vt every year in early August as part of the Long Trail Festival. Bob Peoples was there to lend a hand the past few years.

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2010, 16:38
Just for the record, "Hard Core" is sponsored each year by the Tennessee Eastman Hiking Club, which maintains the Trail from Spivey Gap near Erwin up to Damascus.

The Hard Core trail maintenance projects are almost always in Tennessee (or along the TN/NC border), and not in Virginia.

Tennessee Viking
09-19-2010, 23:27
Just for the record, "Hard Core" is sponsored each year by the Tennessee Eastman Hiking Club, which maintains the Trail from Spivey Gap near Erwin up to Damascus.

The Hard Core trail maintenance projects are almost always in Tennessee (or along the TN/NC border), and not in Virginia.
I think Bob mentioned something about another hiking club starting up their own HardCore.