PDA

View Full Version : My Husband's hike

Bear Cables
09-19-2010, 21:58
Not on the AT but my sister and I took our non hiker husbands on an overnight hike in the Desolation Wilderness to beautiful Lake Aloha while on vacation in Lake Tahoe. I was hoping he would get hooked , but no.
Said he loved that he was sharing this with me, thought the place we camped was awesome, but don't go buy him a backpack. He would do it again if its a trip with our boys but not really his thing. Oh well at least he gave it a try. I invite you to see some of the picutres of the hike that I posted in my gallery.

Phreak
09-19-2010, 22:11
I camped at Lake Aloha for a night back in August. Beautiful place!

The Solemates
09-20-2010, 08:44
desolation wilderness is gorgeous! keep taking him - some people enjoy the hiking but dont want to carry a backpack. others enjoy the hiking but dont want to sleep on the ground. as long as you let them set the pace, i've never met anyone who doesnt want to go for a nice dayhike stroll in a beautiful place. thats the first step!

sbhikes
09-20-2010, 12:20
That's a switch. The wife who loves backpacking with the husband who's not that into it. I thought I was the only one.

Bear Cables
09-20-2010, 17:36
That's a switch. The wife who loves backpacking with the husband who's not that into it. I thought I was the only one.

Well there are at least 2 more to join us, my sister and my other hiking buddy. All three husbands would enjoy day hikes as long as they get to go back to a soft bed.

beartripper
09-20-2010, 18:15
Great Pictures. One of my sons and I are hoping to get out there some day.

Many Walks
09-20-2010, 21:53
Bear Cables, nice try! The Desolation Wilderness is definitely a special place. If you can't hook him there you really have your work cut out for you.

Wise Old Owl
09-20-2010, 22:17
wow give him time... at least he came to witness the effort.

Bear Cables
09-21-2010, 01:33
I have to give him credit for trying. He said he was really hoping to do the hike and think " wow , I really like this" but it just didnt' happen. He was very positive . But maybe this is just meant to be "my thing with the girls". However he did say he would like to hike with our sons at some point so maybe there is still hope.

IronGutsTommy
09-21-2010, 02:34
hes been bit by the bug, i believe. hiking and camping are both activities that grow on a person. he will be back, they always come back.. those that dont absolutely hate it usually catch a yearning for it after rejoining the rat race of civil life..good pics btw

lunatic
09-21-2010, 17:58
Nice pictures. That's a great place to hike. Hiked and camped in that area many times when I was in school at Nevada - Reno.