PDA

View Full Version : Vandeventer Water Source

Hipneck
09-23-2010, 16:15
A couple of us from Tennessee Wild went in and logged out the blowdowns just above the Vandeventer Shelter Water Source in the Big Laurel Branch Wilderness on Monday. All clear! Spring is low but still running after the lengthy drought.

Grits
09-23-2010, 18:50
Thanks hipneck to you and the gang.

Doctari
09-28-2010, 20:15
Did you fix the escalator Up n Down that steep hill? It was broke when I was there a few years ago. :p

Seriously: As steep as that hill is I very much appreciate the work that must have taken you guys. THANKS!! Thanks A LOT!

SmokyMtn Hiker
03-10-2011, 22:39
Did you fix the escalator Up n Down that steep hill? It was broke when I was there a few years ago. :p

Seriously: As steep as that hill is I very much appreciate the work that must have taken you guys. THANKS!! Thanks A LOT!

That was the part you wasn't supposed to mention, let everyone find out that part on their own as I did. I was just there this past Sept. when it was dry and the spring was flowing well.

earlyriser26
03-10-2011, 22:46
I remember getting water at a lunch stop there. when I came back 45 min. later my hiking partner asked me what took so long. It is a loooooooong way down.

nitegaunt
03-10-2011, 23:08
Aha! That must have been the three cars/trucks I saw parked there when I went for a hike Monday. I noticed all had AT tags. Didn't even know we had one in TN yet. Now I can't wait to renew so I can get one! Thanks for your hard work! I opted to go downhill to the lake or we would have gotten to meet.

CrumbSnatcher
03-11-2011, 00:05
never attempted the water source at vandeventer shelter, i always humped it from the spring 1.7 miles south of the shelter.
many thanks to tennessee wild for the trail work!
always puts a smile on the ole' face, hearing about the givin' back thing

Pedaling Fool
03-11-2011, 08:43
Deep ass hole.

Roots
03-11-2011, 08:51
carrying the extra water a mile plus was much better than the grueling task of going down to the source near the shelter. deep ass hole, indeed!

bflorac
03-12-2011, 02:17
Did you also get rid of the rattlesnakes nesting in those trees :)