PDA

View Full Version : Finished my journal

Powder River
09-25-2010, 09:48
Had an awesome hike. I cannot believe how beautiful and pristine the CT is, and how well done the trail work is. Truly a gem!

www.denvertodurango.blogspot.com

Powder River
09-25-2010, 10:36
And I should mention if anybody needs the CT maps check the for sale forum. :cool:

Highway Man
09-25-2010, 13:08
Congratulations! Powder River

I'm still looking at your blog. It's very nicely made, with beautiful pictures as well. The Colorado Trail experience is really unforgettable. The trail always provides the awesome views of the high and rugged mountains, and sometimes with mellow tones of colorful alpine flora. It's definitely one of the best in the country.

Rocket Jones
09-25-2010, 16:01
I'll have to read the whole thing, but just a quick run through your pictures shows what a gorgeous trip you had. Thanks for sharing.

generoll
09-25-2010, 16:48
haven't read your blog but I didn't even know that the Cumberland Trail was completed. have they connected it with the AT?

Luddite
09-25-2010, 16:53
Congrats. Looks like a pretty amazing trail. Didn't read your journal yet but looked at the pics.

haven't read your blog but I didn't even know that the Cumberland Trail was completed. have they connected it with the AT?

He hiked the Colorado trail, not the Cumberland.

halftime
09-25-2010, 17:14
about 1/3 through the CT blog and very much enjoying it...thanks for posting

generoll
09-25-2010, 18:06
Congrats. Looks like a pretty amazing trail. Didn't read your journal yet but looked at the pics.

He hiked the Colorado trail, not the Cumberland.

yeah, I kinda figured that. Just wanted to make the point that using initials can cause a bit of confusion. Of course I'm guilty of the same.

Powder River
09-25-2010, 19:37
Thanks everyone. I had a lot of fun writing and taking pictures.

Generoll, this is the Colorado Trail forum, doesn't that help?

Tilly
09-25-2010, 20:07
Oh my. Wow. Beautiful. I am so doing that.

Does Colorado have a rainy season? I didn't think it would be so rainy in July.

walkin' wally
09-25-2010, 22:54
Very nice pictures. Great journal. Congatulations. What a beautiful place.

Ol Mole
09-26-2010, 06:35
Thanks for sharing your blog & pics. Very interesting and stunning views.

Happy trails.

generoll
09-26-2010, 08:16
Thanks everyone. I had a lot of fun writing and taking pictures.

Generoll, this is the Colorado Trail forum, doesn't that help?

nope, I don't read by forums. I just scroll down unread messages and if something catches my eye I read it.

On Track
09-26-2010, 17:54
Powder River, your journal and pics are fantastic. You talk about the trail work being a labor of love, but so's your journal. Just great.

Don't hesitate to connect with The Colorado Trail Foundation (maybe you already have) for your Completion Certificate or maybe to help with the CT effort.

http://www.ColoradoTrail.org

Thanks!!

Mags
09-26-2010, 18:41
yeah, I kinda figured that. Just wanted to make the point that using initials can cause a bit of confusion. Of course I'm guilty of the same.

Pssst..this is the Colorado Trail forum. CT would most definitely be the Colorado Trail. :D

McPick
09-27-2010, 12:36
Mr. River... Great stuff! Thanks for the memories.

McPick
AT '06 and '08
CT '09
SHT '10

Powder River
09-27-2010, 21:45
McPickles,

Are you the same Rickles McPickles that was at Speck Pond Shelter on a very cold rainy night in 08 with myself, Bigglesworth, Blaze and Bulldog?

McPick
09-28-2010, 00:04
Bigglesworth... Ahh Bigglesworth. The very first time we met, we did laundry together. Another time we had luncheon with Powder River at the NH - Maine border. The last time I saw her was when I bought a round to celebrate my completion of the AT in Monson (started in '06). She and T-Bone were making a valiant effort to break the taco eating contest record at the Lake Shore, under Rebecca's watchful eyes. Nice try, Ms B.

Speck Pond... As I recall, it was that night that I dang near froze to death in my WM 25 degree bag (that's good to maybe 40 degrees), while Bigglesworth slept soundly in her Montbell 25 degree stretch bag, which lofted about 5 inches higher than mine. (Gawd, I coveted that bag that night... So much so that I bought a Montbell #1 for my CT hike.)

Furthermore, I think it was that dreadful night that Bull Dog chided everyone for talking after 9 PM because he had to get up early to race down the mountain to meet his golfing buddies? And proved it by taking down the cloths line he'd stretched all over the shelter the night before, and we all used, insisting that everyone get their still wet clothes off of it...

And Mr River... I STILL hate putting on cold, wet underwear the next morning!!

All is well. Hope you are too!

PS Yeah, Mamma gave me that name when I was 2. She calls me "Pickles" to this day.
See ya!