PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my section

Lyle
09-25-2010, 14:43
Just got off the trail, posting this from Uncle Johnny's. This fall it was Newfound Gap to Erwin. Had planned to hike to US19E but had to cut it a little short due to knee problems my partner was having. Will be back this winter or probably spring to finish up the south, Erwin to Damascus. After that I will be picking up at Lehigh Gap and continuing north on my quest for sections.

Weather was GREAT, one day of rain, two nights. Otherwise beautiful sunny days with warm nights. Not a single bear or mouse seen the entire trip. Met some great hikers and had some great times. Every shelter had water, all-be-it a trickle.

Well, off to take a much needed shower, staying here tonight, then heading home tomorrow. Will catch up further with recent posts when I get home.

Happy trails to all.

SmokyMtn Hiker
09-25-2010, 14:50
Sounds as if you had a great time. I finished my section hike yesterday from Watauga Lake to Damascus, VA and had a wonderful time myself.

earlyriser26
09-25-2010, 15:20
Great time of year for a hike. I am heading up to the "wilderness" the first week of October. Can't wait. We are taking a float plane in, so that should be fun too.:banana