PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GG Escape 60 reviews..

pistol p
09-26-2010, 16:06
In the past, I have used a few GG packs. My only problem with them is the fact that I am an extremely warm hiker (I'll hike all day with only shoes, shorts, and a UL wind jacket on, in low 40* temps). I found that the thick padding was holding in the heat, which was killing me on long days. I bought the Osprey Exos 58, and I enjoy it. The only problem I've had with that pack is the frame sometimes rubs my shoulder raw. I really enjoy the GG padding, heavenly. I've done a few searches online and have found nothing, as far as people that have actually used the pack.

Thanks in advance.

-Pete

4eyedbuzzard
09-26-2010, 17:11
Three customer reviews at REI http://www.rei.com/product/797912

pistol p
09-27-2010, 20:19
Thanks, I totally forgot to look there.

pistol p
12-24-2010, 17:38
Okay, I've read a few online store reviews. They didn't really tell me any real world info. Now that the thru hiking season is over. I would like to get feedback from you hikers that have used this pack, this year.

Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Ladytrekker
12-24-2010, 18:00
Packs are like your favorite coat it has to fit. My Osprey Ariel 65 is by far the most comfortable pack I have tried on however, it is a heavyweight at 4 lbs 15 ozs but feels really good on. This year I got my ULA Circuit which is super light and the one I use the most now but it does not feel as good as the Osprey. The Osprey sits on the hips just right the straps fall just right it is just so heavy. What is a girl to do?

gumball
12-25-2010, 08:35
We've been using GG packs as well, the Vapor Trail and the VT Ki for quite a few years--but I just bought my hubbie and my son-in-law this pack. We've not done any long hikes with them yet, so I'll be anxious to hear. The few reviews I did read were pretty decent.

pistol p
12-25-2010, 12:44
I loved my GG packs, but I had a tendency to overheat in them. I use an Osprey Exos right now, but he hip belt is a bit thin.

I guess I should have been more specific about what I was wondering...I was in the wrong, there :o

I'm wondering how the new breathable back pad is working, and how the mesh cover for it is holding up. I know the general design of the pack is great, but this has been gnawing at me for a while. I'm too cheap to buy one and find out I don't like it :D

Thanks for the input.