PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta REI Stores

Giggity
09-28-2010, 17:50
Heading up to Atlanta soon and I saw REI has 4 stores in the area. Which one is the best or should I just visit all of them. lol. Thanks

WhoDey
09-28-2010, 18:45
I personally like the REI by Perimeter Mall the best. In my experience they have had a better selection and the more knowledgeable staff. The Atlanta store is also pretty good. In my opinion it just depends on who is working when you happen to be there

springerfever
09-28-2010, 18:58
Yep, Perimeter store off of Ga 400 is easy to get to and has a good selection.If you are looking for something in particular it's worth calling to see if that store has it. They can also check inventory at the other stores.I would have to say the location off of 85 is my favorite.

Phreak
09-28-2010, 20:45
Atlanta (NE Expressway) is the largest store in the Atlanta market followed by Perimeter and Kennesaw and Buford are smaller and limited on their inventory.

The Atlanta store has the largest inventory but I agree that the staff is better and more knowledgeable at Perimeter.

Trailweaver
09-29-2010, 02:40
The store off I-85 is the main store and the largest. If you know what you want and don't need a lot of help, I'd go there. I haven't been to the Perimeter store. . . maybe I need to check it out. I just have always gone to the main store because of the size and convenience for me. I've found them to know enough to help me.

Texico
09-29-2010, 11:45
I agree with what the others have said. The Atlanta (Clairmont/I-85 Store) and the Perimeter store do have pretty much identical inventory though. I like the staff at both stores (depending on the department) but do prefer the Perimeter store overall. Is there something specific that you are looking for?

springerfever
09-29-2010, 12:35
Don't know how long you are going to be in town but if you have some time to kill and want to get in the mountains, I would suggest a ride up to Neels Gap and visit Mountain Crossings . This is my FAVORITE outfitter in the Atlanta area. Well worth the time!

Luddite
09-29-2010, 12:54
Don't know how long you are going to be in town but if you have some time to kill and want to get in the mountains, I would suggest a ride up to Neels Gap and visit Mountain Crossings . This is my FAVORITE outfitter in the Atlanta area. Well worth the time!

I agree. Those guys won't try selling you stuff you don't need. I think they sell ULA packs there too.

scott bonder
09-29-2010, 14:28
Atlanta store is good, but you need to find one or two of the folks that know what they are talking about. There are a bunch that may backpack, but are not familiar with all of equipment.

Hoop
09-29-2010, 21:39
True about Mountain Crossings; a low-pressure area. Mr. Porter -Winton's Dad -swapped out evensteven my slightly used ULA bag, and he & Pirate helped out a lot with the fit.

will1972
09-29-2010, 22:33
The Perimeter store is the best one for know-how and inventory for REI. But please try Mountain Crossings too. Their staff can not be beat at all.

rodonne1
10-08-2010, 22:03
Perimeter is the only one I've been to, they seem to be very knowledgeable.

Sierra Echo
10-09-2010, 08:06

um that is not in the atlanta area. its at least a good two hours from atlanta! LOL

I have only been to the Buford REI. And thats mainly cause I live like 2 miles from it.

chris948
10-15-2010, 14:42
Just stay away from the scratch and dent in the clairmont/atl store, it's absolutely ridiculous. Years ago it was good, now it's just too popular.

They say you aren't supposed to camp the night before, so me and my friend showed up at 6am to find the line wrapped around the building and the first 100 people packing up tents. Sucked.