PDA

View Full Version : Reliable Water Source in Pa

colorado josh
09-29-2010, 22:30
My wife and I are hiking from Pine Grove Furnance to the James Fry Shelter and back this weekend, just an overniter. Does anybody know of reliable water sources around the James Fry Shelter? I have read that Tagg Run is comtaminated and not to drink from it. If there isn't a good water source, I was going to load up both of our camel baks for the round trip- both bladders are 100oz. each. Taking the weather into consideration, would this be enough for the out and back trip? Any and all info is greatly appreciated, thanks. :jump

colorado josh
09-29-2010, 22:31
My wife and I are hiking from Pine Grove Furnance to the James Fry Shelter and back this weekend, just an overniter. Does anybody know of reliable water sources around the James Fry Shelter? I have read that Tagg Run is comtaminated and not to drink from it. If there isn't a good water source, I was going to load up both of our camel baks for the round trip- both bladders are 100oz. each. Taking the weather into consideration, would this be enough for the out and back trip? Any and all info is greatly appreciated, thanks. :jump