PDA

View Full Version : So excited... on the edge of my seat!!

LaurieAnn
09-30-2010, 09:33
My heart is going pitter-patter everytime the mailman comes by this week. Why? Because Excalibur is sending me their "factory exclusive top of the line deluxe model" dehydrator to gear test for them with a complete set of tray liners. It's the 3926T (http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/9-Tray-Large-Excalibur-with-26-hour-Timer-3926T-28-37-regular-prod.htm) model with the 26 hour timer. I can't wait. It also made me feel good that they thought enough about my websites and books to do this.

Now... if it wasn't stuck at Canadian customs I'd be a much happier camper.

Spokes
09-30-2010, 11:19
YEEHAW!!!!!!! Make that unit hum. Push it to the limits and dehydrate something really weird. Can't wait for the review......

Carbo
09-30-2010, 11:24
Yeah, make some of that dehydrated H2O! Too darn heavy as it is.

LaurieAnn
09-30-2010, 13:17
YEEHAW!!!!!!! Make that unit hum. Push it to the limits and dehydrate something really weird. Can't wait for the review......

It will be interesting. I have used an Excalibur before but not this particular model. It has me very intrigued. Weird... I'm trying to think of a food I actually consider weird and having a hard time coming up with anything... lol.

Ah... if only, eh?

IronGutsTommy
09-30-2010, 13:43
dehydrated fruit rollups as a breakfast additive...no youre right.. once you start dehydrating you realize no foods are weird when it comes to a dehydrator. if anything iod make my own pasta dishes and casserole type dehydrated goods. mountain man is rediculously pricy

IronGutsTommy
09-30-2010, 13:44
ridiculous

wvgrinder
09-30-2010, 13:58

Find a way to make dehydrated beer & you'll be a rich woman! :D

LaurieAnn
09-30-2010, 13:59
My 9 year old asked me one day if I could dry sashimi and I explained to him that it would essentially cook the fish, albeit gently and that it wouldn't be sashimi anymore.

Off-topic a little but it shows how varied the foods are around our home... here's a little anecdote. Last year he had to do a piece on food and nutrition for school. The assignment was that he had to interview a friend who was from another culture and write about what they eat. He chose our friends Chander and Neeru, who are originally from Delhi in India. The second part of the project was to draw a picture of a food you'd like to try but had never had. He went through a list with us. "Have I had rabbit?" and we replied, "yes". This went on with octopus, squid, eel, alligator, pheasant, squab, skate, shark, bison, crawfish, deer and so forth. Finally we found something he had never tried, rattlesnake. So that's what he drew. I've had snake before but he hasn't had the opportunity. Needless to say, his teacher was a bit surprised.

LaurieAnn
09-30-2010, 14:01
Find a way to make dehydrated beer & you'll be a rich woman! :D

Actually someone already did that but it's merely a "spice" for salads and such.

And you might want to check out Pat's Backcountry Beer (http://www.patsbcb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=18). :D

Carbo
09-30-2010, 15:46
Actually I carry dehydrated H2O with me all the time in a plastic bottle. It weighs next to nothing. All I do is rehydrate it with some water and wait a minute or so. It tastes just like the real thing!

rambunny
09-30-2010, 15:52
I love my Excaliber and have worked it to death with no problems. Enjoy!

Blissful
09-30-2010, 19:42
My dehydrator I got at a yard sale many years ago for $4 bit the dust today. Sniff.

Blissful
09-30-2010, 19:43

I saw a supposed "can" of this, believe it or not. Trying to remember where. Like a hostel or something

Carbo
09-30-2010, 21:09
I saw a supposed "can" of this, believe it or not. Trying to remember where. Like a hostel or something

I suppose someone, somewhere, has tried to market this. Just wondering how many bought it!

restless
09-30-2010, 21:50
I suppose someone, somewhere, has tried to market this. Just wondering how many bought it!

Probably sells like hotcakes in Gatlinburg. Tourons!!! They'll buy anything!!!:D

wcgornto
10-01-2010, 01:59
And you might want to check out Pat's Backcountry Beer (http://www.patsbcb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=18). :D

Hey, that's just up the road from me.

wvgrinder
10-05-2010, 12:31
Does anyone have a good recipe for frozen water? I had some in a drink at a party the other night & loved it. :)

Wise Old Owl
10-05-2010, 21:18
Great Thread GLuck!

jesse
10-06-2010, 03:22
Congratulations. Big honor.