PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a website

HumanBN
10-01-2010, 08:52
Hi folks, Heard about a website that sells gear at very low prices. The way it was described to me is that the site will sell one piece of gear for maybe a day or a few hours or some sort of short time and then sell another. If you missed the sale you were just out of luck. Anyone know what site this is?

10-K
10-01-2010, 09:08
Hi folks, Heard about a website that sells gear at very low prices. The way it was described to me is that the site will sell one piece of gear for maybe a day or a few hours or some sort of short time and then sell another. If you missed the sale you were just out of luck. Anyone know what site this is?

www.steepandcheap.com

HumanBN
10-01-2010, 10:06
www.steepandcheap.com

That's the one. Thanks, 10-K

Crotalus
10-01-2010, 10:31
They usually run on a 30 minute cycle unless they sell out in < 30 minutes. If the items are not sold out they usually cycle through again throughout the day.

They tempted me repeatedly a couple days ago with the SteriPEN Adventurer.

Majortrauma
10-01-2010, 11:24
ALWAYS check your local craigslist. I've found almost all of my gear there for dirt cheap being sold by hopeful hiker/campers who become disillusioned after the first trip.
I live in an area where people seem to have more money than sense so it really works out for me. Almost all of it is like brand new.

sbhikes
10-01-2010, 12:45
Haunt the thrift stores as well. You can get the regular cheap stuff even cheaper plus good cheap hiking clothes.