PDA

View Full Version : hiking princess wanted

neo
12-03-2004, 17:00
i have given up on dating,none of the women i meet are into hiking or any other out door stuff i love,one lady even told me,you are a really great guy,but what you need is to find a hiking princess,i am 46 i live in nashville tn,love hinking,kayaking,looking for a good hearted hiking princess from late 30,s to mid 50,s
neo:banana :jump :sun :bse

Bolo
12-03-2004, 17:02
Lordy, Lordy! You've started something, now!

hacksaw
12-03-2004, 17:05
Do princesses even DO that?

And,

I second bolo

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dances with Mice
12-03-2004, 17:19
i live in nashville tn,love hinking,I love hinking too!

Singletrack
12-03-2004, 18:13
I once had a Hinking Princess, she hinked me to near death.

MOWGLI
12-03-2004, 18:16
i have given up on dating,none of the women i meet are into hiking or any other out door stuff i love,one lady even told me,you are a really great guy,but what you need is to find a hiking princess,i am 46 i live in nashville tn,love hinking,kayaking,looking for a good hearted hiking princess from late 30,s to mid 50,s

If you didn't already have a trail name I'd suggest you take the name Prince Charming. :D

On a more serious note, I work with a lot of the trail clubs in the SE as a function of my job. There are quite a few single women who hike with clubs. In Atlanta they actually have a singles outdoor club that has hundreds if not thousands of members. I'm sure you could find something similar in Nashville.

Good luck! Too often I take it for granted that I have an excellent partner. Even if she doesn't hike. She stopped hiking about 12 years ago when she got Lyme Disease while picking blueberries with me in Sterling Forest, NY.

A-Train
12-03-2004, 18:25
When you find a beautiful woman who loves to backpack, don't let her go...

LIhikers
12-03-2004, 18:29
Guess I'm one of the lucky few who's wife likes to hike as much as I do. We've done day hikes, weekend hikes, and section hikes together and survived to tell about it. And after 28 years of marraige I'm still in love with the lady too! Now what's the odds of those things happening to a guy?
:clap

MOWGLI
12-03-2004, 18:48
And after 28 years of marraige I'm still in love with the lady too! Now what's the odds of those things happening to a guy?
:clap

Slim to none. :D

Jack Tarlin
12-03-2004, 18:58
46 year old good-hearted Trail Princess who loves to hike and lives near near Tennessee?

Hmmmm. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Lone Wolf is already spoke fer.

But best of luck with your quest.

Mountain Dew
12-03-2004, 19:11
BWA hahahahahahahhahaahhaahahaaaaaaa Good one :D

Footslogger
12-03-2004, 19:19
Well ...I'm married to a great woman who loves hiking and outdoor stuff. But if you called her a "princess" she'd probably get out a can of whoop a_ _.

Guess maybe that's part of the reason her trail name is "Bad Ass Turtle"

'Slogger
AT 2003

grrickar
12-03-2004, 20:50
Shouldn't this be in the Hooking up forum? :D

Percival
12-03-2004, 22:28
call smokymtnsteve he has a goddess for everyone

MileMonster
12-03-2004, 22:38
Is this the Neo I spent evenings with at Greymoor Friary and The Birdcage this year (I'm asking him, not the rest of ya' cause you all don't know, lol)? You're bullet proof, right?

neo
12-03-2004, 22:47
yes its me ,neo,bullet proof and all,gonna do my next hike from dalton to
gorham nh next sept,how have you and double nichels doing after your hike,good to here from you:jump :bse

MileMonster
12-03-2004, 22:59
We're doing great, thanks for asking.

Now that's a nice slice of Trail, the Greens and the Whites!

Pencil Pusher
12-04-2004, 00:04
Get in good shape and join a hiking club. Chicks dig men in shape, money helps. Good luck Romeo!

minnesotasmith
12-04-2004, 00:25
"In Atlanta they actually have a singles outdoor club that has hundreds if not thousands of members."
As an AT hiker who is often in the Atlanta area, I wouldn't mind hearing more about that club (like its name and link to its website)...;)

Pencil Pusher
12-04-2004, 00:34
You're supposed to be married with a kid, MS, so it's not like you'd know.

peter_pan
12-04-2004, 00:34
Neo, You forgot to mention your looking for a "hammock hanging" princess. :-?

minnesotasmith
12-04-2004, 00:52
From http://www.singlesmall.com/atl_grps.html

"Singles Outdoor Adventures: singles age 21 and over for fun in the outdoors including hiking, rafting, canoeing, biking and backpacking with lots of social opportunities. Call 770-242-2338 for the latest calendar of events."
===========================================

From http://www.soa-atl.org/

Singles Outdoors Adventures is a singles outdoors group.

<!--mstheme--><TABLE borderColorDark=#663300 cellPadding=6 width="100%" borderColorLight=#993300 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><!--mstheme-->
SOA's activities include hiking, backpacking, camping, bicycling, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, and many other outdoor activities.<!--mstheme-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--mstheme-->

<!--mstheme--><TABLE borderColorDark=#663300 cellPadding=6 width="100%" borderColorLight=#993300 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%"><!--mstheme-->
Activities are limited only by the interests of the event leaders.<!--mstheme-->

</TD><TD width="50%"><!--mstheme-->
Prospective members may participate in up to 3 events prior to joining.<!--mstheme-->

<!--mstheme--><TABLE height=157 borderColorDark=#663300 cellPadding=6 width="100%" borderColorLight=#993300 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" height=141><!--mstheme-->
Prospective members:
to receive a complimentary newsletter,
please call the SOA Voice Mailbox,
attend an SOA monthly meeting, e-mail us.<!--mstheme-->

<!--mstheme--> <!--mstheme--> <TABLE borderColorDark=#663300 cellPadding=6 width="100%" borderColorLight=#993300 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><!--mstheme-->
Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Friday, March 29, 2002

Singles hook up ... with the outdoors

By SCOTT BERNARDE
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

When circumstance meets opportunity on the hiking trail it can come in the form of just about anything.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>

Like a black spider being brushed off someone's shoulder, or sharing a room at a mountain lodge with a member of the opposite sex because there were more men than women.<O:P> </O:P>

Bruce Aldridge has seen many examples in his 12 years as a member of Singles Outdoors Adventures, an Atlanta-based club for people with a love of nature. Unfortunately, some of the them have resulted in members getting a friendly boot out of the singles-only group.<O:P> </O:P>

<!--mstheme--><TABLE style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-table-anchor-vertical: paragraph; mso-table-anchor-horizontal: column; mso-table-left: right; mso-table-top: middle; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellPadding=0 width=210 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=28><!--mstheme--><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = V /><V:SHAPETYPE id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><V:STROKE joinstyle="miter"></V:STROKE><V:FORMULAS><V:F eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 1 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @2 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 0 1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @6 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></V:F></V:FORMULAS><V:PATH o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></V:PATH><O:LOCK v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></O:LOCK></V:SHAPETYPE><V:SHAPE id=_x0000_i1029 style="WIDTH: 7.5pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><V:IMAGEDATA src="./SOA%20AJC%20article_files/image001.png" o:href="http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/images/spg.gif"></V:IMAGEDATA></V:SHAPE><O:P></O:P>

<!--mstheme--></TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=182><!--mstheme--><V:SHAPE id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 186.75pt; HEIGHT: 166.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><V:IMAGEDATA src="./SOA%20AJC%20article_files/image003.png" o:title="AJC SOA article photo"></V:IMAGEDATA></V:SHAPE>
http://www.soa-atl.org/images/image004.jpg

KIMBERLY SMITH / AJC
Debbie Davidson joins Mark Hoover as he leads a Singles Outdoors Adventures group on a hike in the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area.<O:P> </O:P>

<!--mstheme--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--mstheme-->"We've had seven or eight [marriages] just in the last few years," said Aldridge, who leads perhaps a couple dozen SOA hikes every year. "I am personally responsible for some of them. . . . My cupid hikes I remember well."<O:P> </O:P>

That includes the arachnid episode on a hike from Sloan Bridge, S.C., to Upper Whitewater Falls, N.C., when the man brushed off the spider, sat down beside her and struck up a conversation, effectively numbering his days as an SOA member.<O:P> </O:P>

"A couple years later, we lost him," Aldridge said, speaking of the eventual marriage.<O:P> </O:P>

Another time, on a trip to the Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee, Aldridge's group was splitting up into pairs to share rooms at a lodge. When the final two rooms were left, three men and one woman remained to be paired. Although it was an innocent sleeping arrangement that evening, it led to another trip down the aisle.<O:P> </O:P>

"Now they have two children," Aldridge said.<O:P> </O:P>

It's unavoidable that in an organization like SOA, which has 400 members, there are bound to be marriages and relationships which grow from the meshing of people with similar interests. After all, it is a singles club, right?<O:P> </O:P>

"Actually, I've seen more networking than marriages," said Aldridge, 50, a current SOA board member and past president. "We're more of a social club and not a dating club."<O:P> </O:P>

With an accent on the outdoors. The club offers trips near and far in hiking, backpacking, camping, whitewater rafting, canoeing, cycling and even dancing, tennis and skiing. Memberships cost $25 annually. The membership includes those people looking for a relationship, but most are 30-something or older who just want to share the outdoors with new people. Some are divorced or retired and not looking for anything more.<O:P> </O:P>

"We try to stress the outdoors, but it's inevitable [that relationships will form]," said Mark Hoover, who leads hiking and canoe trips, such as one last Sunday in the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area between Cochran Shoals and Sope Creek parks. "We're not trying to be a matchmaker service."<O:P> </O:P>

Hoover, 42, admits he joined the club four years ago partly to meet women (he is dating another member, Debbie Davidson, by the way), but it was the club's variety of outdoors activities that appealed to him the most.<O:P> </O:P>

A hiking and canoeing enthusiast most of his life, he found that he and his friends would do the same trips every year. SOA's full calendar usually offers something different, like skydiving, ski trips to the Rockies, and even interesting hiking trips, like the one Sunday, which are within site of Atlanta's bustle.<O:P> </O:P>

Davidson, 44, has been involved with SOA for eight years. She's seen it evolve into an all-inclusive club that has had as many as 700 members since it was formed in 1988 at Fulton County's Providence Outdoor Recreation Center. "What I like most about it is that it's got something for everyone. You don't have to be a hardcore outdoorsman."<O:P> </O:P>

So, with the bylaws saying you can't be a member if you're married, are Hoover and Davidson destined to be ex-members?<O:P> </O:P>

"We're getting along real well," was Hoover's only offering.<O:P> </O:P>

"Oh, I don't know. There's a possibility," said Davidson.<O:P> </O:P>

<!--mstheme--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--mstheme-->

<!--mstheme--><TABLE borderColorDark=#663300 cellPadding=6 width="100%" borderColorLight=#993300 border=5><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><!--mstheme-->
Questions, comments, suggestions, etc...in regard to SOA or our website, please e-mail us at [email protected] ([email protected]).<!--mstheme-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

================================================
From the "Events" section:

<TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96>Oct 30 Sat</TD><TD width=438>We host a 5-mile moderate to strenuous mid-morning hike at Little Kennesaw and Big Kennesaw Mountains. Optional lunch follows.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96>Oct 30 Sat</TD><TD width=438>And, for the less hardy, there’s Cochran Shoals, 3.2 miles of flat and easy terrain shared with runners, cyclists, dogs and other weenie walkers. Ideal for newcomers to hiking and to SOA and those who enjoy social sauntering. Dog(s) welcome. Lunch follows.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96 height=43>Nov 6 Sat
</TD><TD width=438 height=43>Join us on another joint GATC/SOA event. This is a moderate to strenuous hike of approximately 8 miles. The adventure begins on a section of the Foothills Trail in the Duke Power Bad Creek Pumped Storage Station area. We will hike down to Thompson River Gorge and have lunch near the water. On the return trip, we will take a side trail of about 1 mile down to an observation deck where we can view Lower Whitewater Falls. After returning to the cars, we'll drive to the Whitewater Falls parking area and enjoy another outstanding view!! Our day in South Carolina will end with a scrumptious Italian dinner at Paesano's in Seneca. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96>Nov 7 Sun<O:P></O:P></TD><TD width=438>SOA leads a late Sunday morning hike on the Gold Branch Trail in East Cobb county. We’ll hike 4 to 5 miles along the Chattahoochee River. This trail is mostly easy with a couple of moderate sections. Lunch to follow.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96>Nov 13 Sat</TD><TD width=438>Hot dogs and marshmallows. Join Joan and her various assorted groups for a late afternoon hike on the Cherokee Trail at Stone Mountain. We will work up an appetite hiking about 6 easy to moderate miles before enjoying our cookout. Bring a side dish to share and your favorite beverage. Kids welcome.

<TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96 height=23>Nov 20 Sat<O:P></O:P></TD><TD width=438 height=23>We host the 15th annual traditional pilgrimage (started by Bob Glazer) on the Benton MacKaye trail from Toonowee Mountain to the 250-foot suspension bridge over the Toccoa River. This event will be shared with the Atlanta Outdoor Club with the same limit-eight people from each group. This is a 6-mile moderate to strenuous calorie burning adventure and will make plenty of room for Thanksgiving dinner next week. There will also be a one-mile moderate hike to the beautiful Little Rock Creek waterfall. Afterwards, there will be a well-earned gourmet dinner at the Toccoa River restaurant.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96 height=6>Nov 21 Sun </TD><TD width=438 height=-18>Join us on the Bartrum Trail, We’ll hike 8 moderate to strenuous miles.

<TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=96 height=23>Nov 28 Sun</TD><TD width=438 height=-5>SOA will lead a moderate 6-mile Sunday afternoon hike on various trails at Stone Mountain Park.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-table-layout-alt: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 72.9pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=97>Dec 11-12 and/or
Dec 18-19</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 5.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=504>Looking for an alternative to the malls for the holiday season? Join Jane Robertson for a special overnight trip to the Len Foote Hike Inn. We’ll carpool to Amicalola State Park and hike 5 moderate miles to the rustic inn. You’ll be able to relax and enjoy the solitude before the Sunday hike down and the ride back to the hustle and bustle of the season. Cost: $60. Dinner and breakfast included.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

steve hiker
12-04-2004, 03:18
Montana girls know how to ride.

snarbles
12-04-2004, 03:26
Possible upcoming places to move:

Montana!

Ramble~On
12-04-2004, 05:26
Wow !!!!! :jump

How'd I miss this thread.

I had the same "Backpacking Princess" idea about :-? 4 years ago....yeah, must have been about four years....cause my daughter is 3+.

art to linda
12-04-2004, 11:14
Here in the "back end of beyond" I'm affectionatly know as different, but when I started hiking again that pushed it over the edge for the men. Their idea of a hot date does NOT involve getting all sweaty walking for miles in the woods ;) ..... though bringing it up in a conversation does help weed out the inactive, couch potato type on day one LOL. So, I'll keep running solo and enjoying it. Those singles outdoor clubs look interesting, haven't heard of one around here :-?

neo
12-04-2004, 11:49
i am a member of tenn.trails association and seirra club.the women in these clubs are just day hikers,they would never do a long distance hike and go week without a bath lol.i love long distance cycling,long distance kayaking,long time love making,any thing that burns up enery.i have had women try to convert me into a couch potato,:banana :sun :jump never will be a couch potato:clap

SavageLlama
12-04-2004, 12:09
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-table-layout-alt: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 72.9pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=97>http://www.soa-atl.org/images/image004.jpg

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 5.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=504></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Wow, looks like they're on a real challenging hike there... :D

Freehiker
12-04-2004, 12:20
Hiking princess here :banana Love to backpacks, kayak, surf, fish, sail,ETC....er but i'm too young fer ya buddy :p

SavageLlama
12-04-2004, 12:29
Neo-
This is a noble quest indeed. A couple of ideas for you:

1. Thru-hike next year and "pink-blaze" the trail. (ie, try to sleep with every trail girl you meet. Sooner or later you'll happen upon a sex-starved sheila that will give in. The one drawback: you'll have to follow her to Maine.

2. Buy some Jesus sandals, start hugging trees and join the Sierra Club. They have tons of hippie hiker chics. I just hope you don't mind armpit hair and hemp necklaces.

3. Stand in tux on top of Katahdin with a ring. Something is bound to happen.

4. Switch your sexual preference. Single guys that love to hike seem to be in massive abundance.
Good luck young buck. We're pulling for you.

-Savage tongue-in-cheek Llama

neo
12-04-2004, 12:33
:jump thanks savage lama,still searchin,for my soul mate hiking princess:banana :clap :bse :jump

Dances with Mice
12-04-2004, 13:00
Wow, looks like they're on a real challenging hike there... :DOr they're all Jardine converts,

Rocalousas
12-04-2004, 13:37
i have had women try to convert me into a couch potato,:banana :sun :jump never will be a couch potato:clap
I"ve had em try that on me, didn't work either. :banana

hikerltwt
12-04-2004, 13:48
Uh, the best place to find your princess is on a hike. I found mine on the Appalachian Trail, yup sure did! Right at Bly Gap. Only took six more months of walking together and a couple of thousand miles to figure it out.

YoYO

mdionne
12-04-2004, 14:41
Ahhh pink blazing! Neo, I once knew a guy named Geo. He chased a girl for almost the entire trail. She'd yellow blaze a few days ahead and he'd hike 20 plus miles every day to catch up. Everyone knew, including Geo, she was going back to her boyfriend at the end of the trail. She would say, "My boyfriend back home has got a yacht. What do you think I'm gonna do!" It was comical to watch him hiking as fast as he could with only one thing on his mind. Now he's probably single and wondering what was actually on the trail.

Bolo
12-04-2004, 14:49
I wouldn't hike with no female carrying a pocketbook and wearing blue jeans!

;) Bolo

A-Train
12-04-2004, 15:09
"pink blazing" is a terrible idea. If you're thru-hiking, it should be because you want to hike and enjoy the outdoors and get to Katahdin, not to meet chicks. IF you happen to find one along the way, well then, thats a major plus, but to alter a once in a lifetime experience by hiking big days, small days, zeroes, yellow blazing etc. is kinda a waste of time IMO.

minnesotasmith
12-04-2004, 21:53
I am in the latter stages of a divorce (first marriage) and have no children.

BTW, as a man of 40 has about as many (or more) years left in which having blood children is possible as does a woman of 25, that is not an unreasonable age gap. A woman of age 40 is reproductively similiar to a 60-YO man, additionally; possibly still able to have children, but probably not a good idea.

Some related information:
http://unisci.com/stories/20022/0430021.htm

http://blueprint.bluecrossmn.com/topic/brlife

http://www.advancedfertility.com/age.htm

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/agefertility;jsessionid=HVH1U00BA3SDACTYAITC4EQ?_i mports=null&originalPath=null&_requestid=157286

smokymtnsteve
12-04-2004, 22:30
"In Atlanta they actually have a singles outdoor club that has hundreds if not thousands of members."
As an AT hiker who is often in the Atlanta area, I wouldn't mind hearing more about that club (like its name and link to its website)...;)

nobody in the club cept a bunch of tree-hugging type liberal wierdos,,,U wouldn't liek the club very much MS.

Tha Wookie
12-04-2004, 22:35
I met Island Mama at a club called S.H.A.R.E. (Seeking Harmony and Reaching Everyone) in Athens, GA. She is an A-1 trail honey. She's hard to keep up with at times, but always a pleasure to follow. She is my #1 role model.

The good news, fellas, is that there are lots of women with the unusual temperment like she has to not PUT UP with, but rather THRIVE on, life on the trail. You just have to look in unusual places.

I you want a dedicated trail-babe, I suggest attending environmental club events (like Sierra Club hikes), trail-maintanence workshops, or any social club that does not reinforce the American female stereotype, and instead empowers them. True trail-babes are open-minded from the start; otherwise they wouldn't be out there in the first place.

She might be a vegetarian. She might not shave her armpits. She'll most certainly not be a Republican. Oh yes, she'll be the perfect one.

hacksaw
12-04-2004, 23:03
To quote Sir Robin in Monty Python's immortal "In search of the Holy Grail"

"RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY"

Hacksaw the knows he doesn't know a damn thing about women (3 time loser)

minnesotasmith
12-04-2004, 23:13
IMO you have described women who disproportionately would make lousy wives (if they would agree to marry at all), would be disproportionately likely to refuse to have children, and disproportionately likely to causelessly file for divorce if they did marry. Not much of an environment rich in quality prospects.

Now, as just friends/hiking companions/temporary lovers (for those who want such), they might be OK, very possibly better than being alone. However, any guy who is centrist or conservative is likely to have to avoid many conversational topics and walk on eggshells (e.g., never once contradicting her)when talking about anything beyond the Trail or other hobbies. Too, vegetarians are a PITA when you share cooking for long periods. I think I would look elsewhere than tree-hugging societies for a girlfriend that hikes.

Noggin
12-04-2004, 23:33
Wookie, you really lucked out with Island Mama. Looks like ya found your soul mate, and cute as hell too!

Minnesota, you got some problems man. Not surprised you're divorced, what's surprising is that you managed to get married in the first place.

minnesotasmith
12-04-2004, 23:40
I was the one who filed for divorce, with cause; she didn't want the divorce. As far as my being able to get married, I have never gone two years during my single periods without having at least one relationship where the woman in my life definitively wanted marriage with me.

I stand by my assessment of liberal women generally making poor marriage prospects, no matter their income/looks/willingness to go hiking.

DMA, 2000
12-04-2004, 23:40
Wookie, my woman eats meat, shaves where she should, and votes republican, and she really is the perfect fit.

And she's a trail princess to boot! She got her ring on the JMT (hell, I try to pack light and I was sick of carrying it).

Lilred
12-05-2004, 01:02
IMO you have described women who disproportionately would make lousy wives (if they would agree to marry at all), would be disproportionately likely to refuse to have children, and disproportionately likely to causelessly file for divorce if they did marry. Not much of an environment rich in quality prospects.

Now, as just friends/hiking companions/temporary lovers (for those who want such), they might be OK, very possibly better than being alone. However, any guy who is centrist or conservative is likely to have to avoid many conversational topics and walk on eggshells (e.g., never once contradicting her)when talking about anything beyond the Trail or other hobbies. Too, vegetarians are a PITA when you share cooking for long periods. I think I would look elsewhere than tree-hugging societies for a girlfriend that hikes.

Ohhhh my my my my. I just can't let this one go by. I am absolutely amazed and astounded at the audacity of this post. I love to hike. I thrive and live for being out in the woods. I am going on twenty years married and two children. Where in the world do you get your information? LOLOLOLOLOL :rolleyes:

Tha Wookie
12-05-2004, 01:03

Actually, Minnesota, the women whom I am describing have no proportional problems at all.

java
12-05-2004, 01:14
Minnesota Smith-
As a former Minnesotan (now Mainer), woman, liberal (very), wife (happy) and hiker (3000+ AT miles) I hearby declare you to be a nut.
-java

Kim Clark
12-05-2004, 01:20
Minnesota Smith-
As a former Minnesotan (now Mainer), woman, liberal (very), wife (happy) and hiker (3000+ AT miles) I hearby declare you to be a nut.
What took you so long?

java
12-05-2004, 01:28
What took you so long? I was out to dinner with my husband, the one I thru-hiked with...

Tater
12-05-2004, 01:34
I'll take 3 little red MGs and 2 hot cups of java any day, over any of minnesotasmith's type ;)

neo
12-05-2004, 09:44
hey i agree with you tater,were does this minnasota guy get his deranged comments & :bse :jump thoughts:jump :-?

SGT Rock
12-05-2004, 10:54
As much as I would love to have a hiking spouse, it isn'tgoing to happen. Perhaps your solution is to find a woman like mine that is totally cool with my sport and supports me at it.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:47
hey i agree with you tater,were does this minnasota guy get his deranged comments & :bse :jump thoughts:jump :-?

Well Neo, they apparently don't come from an informed, factual analysis.

Guess which part of the Nation has the highest divorce rates. The South. Conservative

Guess which religious denominations have the highest divorce rates. Southern Baptists, et al. Conservative.

Whatever that does or does not say about conservatives, to me it does say that "liberals" marry just fine, and/or make their marriages work, and/or are committed to marriage.

Lesson? HYOH. Marry whom you will, but the facts prove liberals do just fine at marriage! But then, so do many conservatives. But, as the adage says, those who choose to live in those conservative glass houses shouldn't be casting stones at anyone when it comes to marriage. IMHO.

BTW, my wife backpacks with me on occasion, is liberal, and we celebrated 29 years last weekend. Princess enough for me!
:sun
Rain Man

Lilred
12-05-2004, 12:56
BTW, my wife backpacks with me on occasion, is liberal, and we celebrated 29 years last weekend. Princess enough for me!
Rain Man

Congrats on the anniversary Rain Man!!! :clap :clap

I'm sure it helps that your wife has a kind, thoughtful, and compassionate husband, too.

Kim Clark
12-05-2004, 13:03
IMO you have described women who disproportionately would make lousy wives (if they would agree to marry at all), would be disproportionately likely to refuse to have children, and disproportionately likely to causelessly file for divorce if they did marry. Not much of an environment rich in quality prospects. Good! Well said.

First ask for advice. Receive the reply of someone successful. Criticize it and say there's little chance (ok, a DISPROPORTIONATE chance) of success following his advice. Be sure to insult his choice of soulmate, add a few implied insults to the rest of us women (ok ,a DISPROPORTIONATE number of women) on this site. Use big words to impress us, a DISPROPORTIONATE number is best.

Yeh, now there's a recipe for success. Be sure to ask Wookoe for more advice. It's not like he knows anything about long distance hiking or stuff like that. I'm sure he's now willing to share all he knows with you, Minnesota.

If someone gives you advice that you don't like, thank them then quietly disregard it. Did your momma teach you any manners at all?

Dudeboard
12-05-2004, 15:27
Guess which part of the Nation has the highest divorce rates. The South. Conservative

Guess which religious denominations have the highest divorce rates. Southern Baptists, et al. Conservative.
Guess who has the lowest divorce rate? Ultraliberal Massachussets.

Lion King
12-05-2004, 16:26
I found town chicks dig hikers...seriously.

Delaware Water Gap, Palmerton, and Dalton Mass And if you roadtrip off trail (Boonesboro and Asheville ROCK!)....all real good playing grounds...but those are town chicks....

I prefer the beauty of a women who will not want to kill you because you feel like going for a 3 month vacation every year...one that will come with you, not think it means you dont love them because you go hiking.

Where are they?????????????????

Lion King
12-05-2004, 16:30
Wookie, you really lucked out with Island Mama. Looks like ya found your soul mate, and cute as hell too!

Minnesota, you got some problems man. Not surprised you're divorced, what's surprising is that you managed to get married in the first place.
They both lucked out, as they are both fine human beings.

Pecan
12-05-2004, 17:13
I found town chicks dig hikers...seriously.
Before or after a long hot shower?

skeeterfeeder
12-06-2004, 04:03
I know I will probably regret getting into this, but I guess I will. Every time I get 'Hiking Fever', I can't wait to get itno these forums, only to wonder why I didn't take an aspirin instead.

I find it strange that people who love to get out into the natural world, seem to have such an aversion to a very natural thing, women and body hair. It is a part of the natural world, and shaving that hair is nothing more than an act of submission. It seems to be an extension of the menstral prohibitions that are practiced in most primitive societies. If it is different, you much fear it.

And I am also disappointed that so many of these threads quickly digress into one side versus another; liberal versus conservative, Christian versus Non-Christian, etc., etc., etc. People are so wuick to put someone else into a box. I don't know if I should be insulted or feel supported in most of these viewpoints.

Am I conservative? Yes, in some ways. Am I liberal? Yes, in some ways. Am I religious (spiritual)? Yes, in some ways. Am I secular? Yes, in some ways. I could go on and on, but why bother?

I think that is why I love the woods. When I get out amoung the trees, they don't care how I voted, or whether or not I eat meat. (Or for that matter, whether the women hikers shave.) They do their thing, I do mine. And that is the same with the rest of nature. When I go out there, I find I enjoy it a lot more when I leave my world behind. In the Zen tradition, I find I can receive nature's gifts in much greater abundance when I come with an empty package. And if you talk to me very long, you will find it is not only my package that is often empty.

Percival
12-06-2004, 04:21
I find it strange that people who love to get out into the natural world, seem to have such an aversion to a very natural thing, women and body hair. It is a part of the natural world, and shaving that hair is nothing more than an act of submission. It seems to be an extension of the menstral prohibitions that are practiced in most primitive societies. If it is different, you much fear it.
I also like women who do not shave there.

Pencil Pusher
12-06-2004, 06:29
I don't think women shaving is an act of submission. I guess I could probably do fine with a gal that didn't shave, but it'd sure be nice if she at least shaved her legs. Well if you can't find a princess that hikes, use this sport as an excuse to get away from her and have some of your own time. Maybe she'll be out getting retail therapy...

Jaybird
12-06-2004, 07:28

Yo Neo:

Try checking out some local clubs: Team Green (http://www.wrlt.com/indexa.html) & TTA (TN Trails Association) (http://www.tennesseetrails.org/index.php).

just a suggestion.
good luck! :D

minnesotasmith
12-06-2004, 07:47
Most of the liberal (generally means feminist as well as socialist, pro-open borders, etc.) women I know have been divorced (if they ever married at all) and mostly still are that way. Most of the traditional women I know are still in their first marriage, as they mostly don't believe in no-fault (e.g., unilateral/groundless) divorce.

An example or two of why the LW are lousy bets:

http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm (click on articles #204, and perhaps #s 117, 150, 53, and 1.

#37 is a good summary of why a woman who wants to marry and have children should consider either becoming traditional in her views and behavior, or picking out her choice in shawl/rocking chair/half-dozen cats (to adorn her bed and kitchen counters).

Nice checklists (with explanations) of women not to marry:
http://www.nomarriage.com/notmarry.html

From http://www.nomarriage.com/fd.html (near the bottom -- ignore the polemics above): "99.9% of the single [here, not currently married] women in this country are not even marriageable.

Take away the women beyond the marriageable age (over 30).
Take away the fat women.
Take away the ugly women.
Take away the psycho Zoloft / Prozac [using] women.
Take away the raped women.
Take away the women with STDs / HIV [plus herpes, or anything like PID that made them infertile].
Take away the women who can't cook.
Take away the women who already have kids. And you've eliminated 99.9% of the single women in this country."

Obviously, the feminist women need to be added to that list, the handicapped/in poor health women, women into weirdness like New Age/occult baloney, indolent women (see next link) http://www.nomarriage.com/article_housewives.html ,
and women with any history or tendency towards infidelity: http://www.nomarriage.com/paternity_test.shtml .

Just having children outside of marriage (or just being involved with women you don't marry) isn't a solution, either:

http://www.glennsacks.com/shouldnt_men_have.htm

And, it's not as if men in intact marriages are generally taking advantage of their wives:
http://www.glennsacks.com/new_survey_confirms.htm
http://www.glennsacks.com/indiana_womans_housework.htm
http://www.glennsacks.com/men_women_and.htm

What feminist influence on women in general (and the court system) has lead to: http://www.glennsacks.com/have_antifather_family.htm

One guy's take on how to approach the issues in dating older women:
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/chapin/03/chapin122303.htm
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/chapin/03/chapin122803.htm
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/chapin/2004/chapin010204.htm

Advice from him on how nonleftist guys should approach dating in an increasingly leftist society full of women without traditional mores:
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/chapin/03/chapin041403.htm

Another set of advice for men in dating:
http://www.harrysnews.com/tgARealWomanWantsARealMan.htm

How even many feminist women don't really want feminist goals in their own lives: http://www.harrysnews.com/tgFeminismmuggedbyreality.htm

How American women (especially nontraditional) routinely make poor dating choices now: http://www.harrysnews.com/tgFeminismsThirdWave.htm

Somewhat scholarly summaries of the whole feminist-caused divorce disaster epidemic in this country:
http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/a-b/baskerville/03/baskerville062103.htm

Where things are, and where they are going:
http://www.harrysnews.com/tgWoetoWomen.htm

http://www.harrysnews.com/tgIsThereReallyaFatherhoodCrisis.htm

http://www.harrysnews.com/tgTheAntiFatherPoliceState.htm

The real goals of the feminists:
http://www.harrysnews.com/tgTheRealGoalOfFeminism.htm
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/002/938xpsxy.asp
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/002/939pxiqa.asp

(Note that the last two of these both have two pages.)
================================================== =
Well, all these carefully chosen pieces won't totally get someone starting from nothing completely up to speed on all these issues, but they're collectively a good start. Anyone losing control of their bowels and flaming me for the content of these articles, please preface your insults with the number of these articles you read in their entirety.

SGT Rock
12-06-2004, 08:16

Some of us guys also shave in some places to make ourselves more desirable to women. Does that make us subservient to them? Or does it just mean we (both sexes) just want to do what it takes for the person we want to live with to find us more desirable? :-?

Blue Jay
12-06-2004, 08:31
minnesotasmith, you know as much about women as I do about a unnamed planets on the other side of the galaxy. In fact that is what women are to you.

dixicritter
12-06-2004, 09:14
And here I thought this was a hiking forum. :confused: Goes to show what I know... :rolleyes:

baseballswthrt
12-06-2004, 09:28
Neo,

When I met my husband, I had never even heard of hiking. In fact, I thought the AT was a wagon trail going west! :D

He mentioned that he hiked and that he really liked it. We didn't talk about it very much. Just before we got married he showed me trail journal written by Belcher and I was hooked!

Since then we have hiked extensively on the AT and the side trails of Shenandoah National Park. The first time he took me hiking, he took me to Rails for Trails trail and we rented very bad, cheap equipment for me. I still liked it. Now we have sunk numerous $ into it, and I am as much into it as he is!

I work part time, but am mainly a homemaker with 4 kids. I shave in all the right places and I am a very happily married woman and proud of it! :clapThere are probably many hiking princesses out there, that just don't know it! I was 40 before I knew it!

Good luck!

Anita:jump
kncats other half!!

Kim Clark
12-06-2004, 10:08
Take away the women beyond the marriageable age (over 30).
Take away the fat women.
Take away the ugly women.
Take away the psycho Zoloft / Prozac [using] women.
Take away the raped women.
Take away the women with STDs / HIV [plus herpes, or anything like PID that made them infertile].
Take away the women who can't cook.
Take away the women who already have kids. And you've eliminated 99.9% of the single women in this country." No flames, but since sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, then

Take away the men over 30.
Take away the fat men.
Take away the ugly men.
Take away the druggies.
Take away the rapists.
Take away the STDs.
Take away the guys who can't change their cars oil.
Take away the guys who already have kies.

Are you still left, Mr. Smith?

smokymtnsteve
12-06-2004, 10:17
Some of us guys also shave in some places to make ourselves more desirable to women. Does that make us subservient to them? Or does it just mean we (both sexes) just want to do what it takes for the person we want to live with to find us more desirable? :-?

Dang Rock ..I knew U went to great lengths to cut down on weight but...do tell. :D

Rain Man
12-06-2004, 11:23
Guys, guys, guys.... :)

Some of us think women shaving is part of the natural order of life from the primordial ooze. Or, perhaps that it was sanctioned and ordained in the Bible, or better yet, the New Testament. Or has hundreds or even thousands of years of human history behind it.

Anybody know where women shaving really came from and when???!!! I bet the ladies do. I'm not some kook "religiously" against women shaving, but neither do I want to assume it has some divine blessing it doesn't. I like to know the truth about things.

The winner of this quiz will receive one beautiful sunshine hiking day from the RAIN Man.
Rain Man

Blue Jay
12-06-2004, 11:26
Guys, guys, guys....

Anybody know where women shaving really came from and when???!!! I bet the ladies do.

The winner of this quiz will receive one beautiful sunshine hiking day from the RAIN Man.
Rain Man

. Gelette, Shick, Dow Chemical????

baseballswthrt
12-06-2004, 11:40
www.quickshave.com/timeline.htm

baseballswthrt
12-06-2004, 11:44
Women shaving probably started around 3000B.C. They wanted to remove hair to NOT provide a breeding ground for lice, fleas and small rodents!:confused:

Anita

Youngblood
12-06-2004, 11:48
Women shaving probably started around 3000B.C. They wanted to remove hair to NOT provide a breeding ground for lice, fleas and small rodents!:confused:

Anita

Makes sense... still works today.

Tha Wookie
12-06-2004, 12:57
Minn...

What are you going to do on your thru-hike when you don't have the internet to tell you which women you can talk to? Will you just revert to the easiest stereoypes you can remember on long stretches, and refresh at libraries?

I want you to know that I believe if you let it all go on the trail, let all that garbage you read unravel while your mind expands and breaks those grizzled chains, you will be in an opportunity to think for yourself. I'm not saying this to jab at you -I'm dead serious.

As for finding a trail babe, you've got a lot of miles to go. But it's pretty obvious that you don't desire one anyway -you just like the attention.

AS FOR THE SHAVING:

That "historical account" above is actually marketing fiction. Read the fine print.

Mags
12-06-2004, 12:58
Intersting evolution of a thread..dating and shaving and liberals who don't shave and are girffriends..oh my. :D

DATING: If you are looking for an outdoorsy woman to date...then go where the outdoorsy women are. Go join an outdoor group, do trail work on an active basis, etc. However, don't join with the expressed purpose of just finding someone to date. Desperateness seems to be a big turnoff. :) Just go out, have a good time and eventually you'll meet someone. It is how I met several nice women over the past few years (all of whom I am still on good terms with) as well as my current girlfriend. (Of course, I am very active in my outdoor group and organize lots of hikes. I organized a beginners backpack in June. Three men (myself included) went...and twelve women! :) )

SHAVING: Said it before, I'll say it again. It takes me longer to trim a beard than to shave.
My beard grows in thick and quickly. Unless I spend time trimming the beard it looks like crap. Easier to just shave five minutes. On the trail, I don't shave and look very, er "ethnic". As an added incentive to staying clean shaven is that my girl friend likes the clean shaven look. When she is happy..I'm happy.

LIBERAL HIKING WOMEN WHO DON''T SHAVE:
Aye carumba! Talk about generalizations. The gf is liberal, vegetarian, and very feminine and refined. Nice contrast to me who is more libertarian than liberal, likes his steak, and has too much Northeastern blue-collar Italian in him to be truly refined :)

neo
12-06-2004, 13:19
:) i really like what you had to say about your experience anita,meeting and marrying and gettin hooked on hiking,really cool what you said about being a
lot of hiking princess,s out there be they dont know it yet,i am am on a quest
to find true love,hiking is a big part of my life,i have been alcohol free since oct 1994,drugg free since july 1993,ciggerette free since feb 1985,i was almost dead when i had my last drink oct 25 th 1994,i just turned 46 last week,i feel better at 46,than i did at 26 or 36.thanks for your story and encouragement:jump neo

neo
12-06-2004, 13:25
:) i am not desperate,actually i have many opportunities to date but,i choose not to because to many women have tried to change me into a couch potato i have tried all the outdoor groups,nothing but a bunch of rich snobbish,day hiking yuppies in the groups here in nashville,:jump

Dances with Mice
12-06-2004, 13:35
:) ... i have tried all the outdoor groups,nothing but a bunch of rich snobbish,day hiking yuppies in the groups here in nashvilleEver panned for gold? First you have to be in the right stream then you have to sift through a lot of rocks to find a nugget.

So don't change streams in the middle of a horse...no, wait, that's not right.

Stay with the outdoor groups. Better chance of striking gold there. That's what I was trying to say.

Kim Clark
12-06-2004, 13:43
Mags wrote: "As an added incentive to staying clean shaven is that my girl friend likes the clean shaven look. When she is happy..I'm happy."

You have learned all the secrets we have to teach, Grasshopper. :)

Mags
12-06-2004, 13:56
:) ... to many women have tried to change me into a couch potato i have tried all the outdoor groups,nothing but a bunch of rich snobbish,day hiking yuppies in the groups here in nashville,:jump

Should of said that I meant it in a general sense as applied to specifically to you. Sorry about confusion..sides "desperate" was probably too storng of a word choice. I see many people who joined my outdoor group for the expressd purposee of finding a girlfriend or boyfriend. Those people are usually are the LEAST successful because they really aren't there to enjoy the outdoors. Those who enjoy the outdoors and the trips tend to be more relaxed, at ease and are enjoying themselves. Ie..not putting out these intense "gotta get a date" vibe that seems to be a turn off to many people (men and women both).

On a related topic, as someone else said stick with the outdoor groups! Your chances are better meeting someone with some compatiable interests. And, seriously, check out trail work. People are there to work and enjoy the outdoors. I doubt you will see many yuppie types who are willing to swing a pulaski, haul rocks and get dirty for a weekend (or more). Some really cool people do trailwork. If anything else, it is hard work that is very satisfying. Good to give back!

Best of luck!

Mags
12-06-2004, 14:03
Mags wrote: "As an added incentive to staying clean shaven is that my girl friend likes the clean shaven look. When she is happy..I'm happy."

You have learned all the secrets we have to teach, Grasshopper. :)

Ah..learning what makes her happy is a secret in itself at times.

;)

neo
12-06-2004, 14:23
:) the last 2 years i have been spending a week on building trail for the cumberland trail conference,when this trail is completed it will run from cumberland gap national park at tri state peak were va,tn,ky come together to singnal point over look near chattanooga.the trail will be over 300 miles when finished,hiking canoing and cycling,playing in my jeep,anything outdoors deep in my heart,blood soul,not many women on these trail building trip really into it,same crowd rich,snobbish yuppy day hikers also.i rather be alone than have another woman try to tame me into being a couch potato.:) thanks again mags:)

Rain Man
12-06-2004, 14:55
Gelette, Shick, Dow Chemical????

Blue Jay, you won by about 14 minutes.

Yes, it was a marketing ploy by Gilette during the war.
:(

When would you like your day of sunshine? I'll need some notice.
Rain Man

Blue Jay
12-06-2004, 15:04
Blue Jay, you won by about 14 minutes.

Yes, it was a marketing ploy by Gilette during the war.
:(

When would you like your day of sunshine? I'll need some notice.
Rain Man

I love the rain. Send it to Minnisotasmith's Ex, she may not have recovered yet. By the way I love hairy women. I try to talk them out of shaving.

smokymtnsteve
12-06-2004, 15:15
these city-slicker types that is a talking about women not shaving thier legs and all....is making me slighty upset..my grandma born and bred in the hills of appalachia, NEVER shaved her legs...so when U R saying that stuff about women who don't shave you, are a talking about my granny (goddess rest her soul) and I don't take kindly to folks a talkin bout my granny,,,

city slicker boys wouldn't recognize a Mtn Beauty of the bosom type if they was to see one.

bearbait2k4
12-06-2004, 15:25
I don't mean to be rude, although I don't see why anyone on here (especially women) would apologize for being rude to you, Minnesotasmith, but how can you criticize "liberal women" for having a divorce rate when YOU are getting a divorce of your own accord?

Also, if you take your statistics about women into account, you could just as easily turn those stats around to say that 99.9% of single men are not marriage material either.

It goes both ways.

Perhaps this forum would be best served with you keeping your thoughts and comments to yourself and your shrink - and if you don't have a shrink, I'd suggest getting one.

neo
12-06-2004, 15:32
:) way to go bearbait i started this simple thread about hope to meet a wonderful female hiking partner,and people like minnasota smith come up with these strange comments that are way off:) i agree with what you had to say about minn.smith:) what a strange guy

Skeemer
12-06-2004, 15:35
Best Singles Ad Ever Written

This has to be one of the best singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in The Atlanta Journal.

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips,cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting...

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever. (Men are so easy).

Tha Wookie
12-06-2004, 15:37
HAHAHA!!!!!:jump :jump :jump

neo
12-06-2004, 15:38
:) :) :) a friend of mine called today and introduced a lady to me today that is into the outdoors all the way,she finished the AT this year.i was not looking for this lady she found me,we are going on a hike together thursday,:) :) :) :) i cant believe this.this friend of mine is from church i used to go to years ago,we dont talk but maybe a couple times a year.

steve hiker
12-06-2004, 15:41
You may not find a real hiking partner in those yuppie hiking groups, but at least you have a fair chance of getting laid.

neo
12-06-2004, 16:02
hey ugh:jump
not lookin to get laid,been there done that,looking for my soul mate,plus
most of the day hiking,rich,snobbish,yuppie woman in the out door groups in nashville seem to lack passion,they seem pretty romanceless and non sexual too.lol:bse

Pencil Pusher
12-06-2004, 19:45
How about rock climbing? I bet they have those sport climbing gyms in Nashville... tons of women who wear lycra and sports bras and who are mostly in pretty good shape. Or get up and move to a city or state that does have more hikers! If you're fishing in the wrong stream, pack up your things and move to another more prosperous stream, if you're serious about searching for 'the one'.

Steve, I never paid attention to whether my grandma shaved her legs or not. Indeed... the closeknit Appalachia family of yours:-?

Pencil Pusher
12-06-2004, 20:56
Christ on high, how many of these forums are lacking the edit button?

Well after reading the llama thread above this one, I realized the perfect hiking princess for neo, a sheep! You've had 46 years to get it right, so bring along a pair of dual-purpose hip waders.

minnesotasmith
12-06-2004, 21:01
I believe I have previously posted information on how men have around 15 - 20 more reproductive years (not life expectancy, decent fertility) available to them on average than do women. That is, a 40-YO man is roughly equivalent to a 25-YO woman reproductively, and a 60-YO man is about where a 40-YO woman is. Hence, your switching that quote about excluding women over 30 as unmarriageable to excluding men based upon age should draw a line for men not earlier than aged 50. Look up age effects upon fertility if you don't believe me.

With that correction made, the only place I fail in that list in on the weight issue, and I'll have that fixed soon.
================================
Blue Jay, I specifically requested that responses to my points reference how many of those articles the poster read. Since you did not mention reading even a single one of them, I will presume that you read none of them. Interesting how you believe that you can make conclusions about the defensibility of my conclusions without taking the time to learn a single thing about how I composed my position. Do you also make judgements about people in your private life you have never met and don't know one bit of information about? It would follow.
==================================
Bearbait, as I spelled out, I had traditional grounds for my divorce. My wife violated a fundamental premise of the implicit marriage, on the level (but not one of) her having been unfaithful, a narcotics addict, violent, etc. Also, we had no children together.

I am not against groundless (pre-1960 legally accepted reasons) for divorce; rather, there should be traditional gravity of grounds for filing, and someone who unilaterally destroys a marriage and home without them should not profit by doing so. The latter means no child support/alimony to the faithless spouse, they automatically lose custody unless gross unfitness in the other parent is proven (in which case they would have had grounds), marital property (specifically including the marital dwelling) and their honor is understood to be left behind, etc. I would also like to see a return of other people of the opposite sex generally refusing to date such an oath-breaker, employers and landlords being free to discriminate against them, their own relatives tending to shun them, etc., to give as high as reasonable an incentive to honor their wedding vows and work through their marriages, especially if there are minor children involved.

Pencil Pusher
12-06-2004, 21:12
[Hands ladder to minnesotasmith]

Kim Clark
12-06-2004, 21:28
the only place I fail in that list in on the weight issue, and I'll have that fixed soon.Yeh, like I haven't heard that line before.

So you're fat. Short and balding too, right?

saimyoji
12-06-2004, 23:34
Are you just playing devil's advocate, or do you really believe the things you've written here?

"My wife violated a fundamental premise of the implicit marriage, on the level (but not one of) her having been unfaithful, a narcotics addict, violent, etc. Also, we had no children together."

..."but not one of"...

Please clarify what you mean. Did she or didn't she do these things you've suggested? "On the level of..." Again, did she or didn't she? If you wanna bring these things up, step up and take a cut or head back to the dugout. Most all of us have had bad relationships, even abusive and destructive ones. Do we let them sour us on all relationships? Mostly not. Sincerely man, maybe you do need some therapy?

saimyoji
12-06-2004, 23:40
Forgot to mention, I wasted some time looking at some of the sites you included. I reiterate, are you for real? Freudian Nightmare!

Percival
12-07-2004, 00:07
What about telling us why you married an evil liberal feminazi who thought nothing of committing a cardinal marital sin. Were you blinded by her willingness to do things sexually that a good old fashioned girl wouldn't even THINK of (heaven forbid!), dazzled by her unconventional thinking, or just couldn't compete with the good old boys for a nice traditional girl?

A-Train
12-07-2004, 00:19
nother thread down the drain, endin in name callin :rolleyes:

smokymtnsteve
12-07-2004, 00:54
nother thread down the drain, endin in name callin :rolleyes:

well what do ya expect from a bunch of str8s?

ya get a conservative talking about marrriage while they are divorcing (but of course they think with good reason) ....folks that can't make good decisions about there own life trying to tell others how to run thiers.

Sadie Fields of the xian coalition who pushed for the Marriage amendment here in GA is also divorced..but she will tell U right quick what marriage should be. what is wrong with these people? :confused:

Mags
12-07-2004, 01:11
So you're fat. Short and balding too, right?
Hey..I resemble two out of three there. :-)

(5'6" and thinning hair. I blame my parents. :) )

Seriously, though, as they say on many groups "Don't feed the troll". Let's be happy for our friend for finding someone who may share his values and ideals. At the very least, can be dwelling on the possibilities.

Better to be positive and ignore the nastiness of one user.

Mountain Dew
12-07-2004, 02:14
Rain Man...you care to share where you got those stats or are they just something you heard on the tv ?

Happy
12-07-2004, 09:57
Mags wrote: "As an added incentive to staying clean shaven is that my girl friend likes the clean shaven look. When she is happy..I'm happy." :)

NO, NO....I am Happy! :confused: :confused:

Miss Janet
12-07-2004, 10:34
Ohh Skeemer, I love you!! What a laugh I just had... almost as good as when I run across the pic of you in that pretty little apron!

Bolo
12-07-2004, 12:01
Ah, Minnesotadude......

Reading your posts is pure shadenfreud! Here's hoping you haven't discouraged Neo to the point where he will not comment on his 'date' Thursday.

Bolo

mdionne
12-07-2004, 13:25
i love reading minnesotasmith's posts. they are hilarious. i really like the reputable sources he uses like fredonanything.com, nomarriage.com, and the best one yet, harrysnews.com. cause everyone knows if harry said it it must be true. sad to think but, unless you mail order a bride that doesn't speak any english, you will never, ever feel the touch of a women again. except maybe a smack in the face. those are the sacrifices you take by being who you are. thanks for the laughs. :D

Bonehead
12-07-2004, 15:18
i know a few women that type minnesotasmith looking for

bearbait2k4
12-07-2004, 23:36
Minnesotasmith, not all people want children, so I don't see how that can be counted into marriageworthiness. Some people (both male and female) simply cannot reproduce. So, should these people be restricted from marriage altogether? That, and almost every other situation that you posted that makes a woman "unmarriable" is just nonsense. A fat person shouldn't get married? An ugly person will never get married? It's a horrible and false statement. It's absurd, really, and someone your age should realize this.

As far as all the liberal women being high on the divorce list, do you have anything in your exhaustive research about their marriage habits about why these people divorced? Do you have specific knowledge that implicates that it was not for the very exact reason that you did? Aside from that, a divorce is still a divorce. Whether it is justified or not, it still counts as a divorce, and I'm sorry, but one who is currently undergoing one should not criticize others for doing the same. Especially if they have no idea as to why each of the criticized divorces occur.

It's never a wise decision to categorize and stereotype people. YOu'd think we would have learned that by now.

neo
12-07-2004, 23:56
minnasota smith must be from another planet,i cant understand how a person can cut down woman,and use all them big fancy words make make it sound reasonable,my hiking princess found me:) ,by the peter pan,she is a hammock hanging hiking princess:) i think minnasota smith need a shrimk:jump

Ridge
12-08-2004, 00:09
...we pick up chicks at family reunions not on the AT.

Mountain Dew
12-08-2004, 02:36
Guys that like hairy women make me wonder... :-? I prefer mine to have shaved legs and arm pits thank you very much. Wear deodorant and stay well kept as well. Oh...and if they start to have that upper lip mustache thing going on... DO something about that please. How in the world am I suppose to look them in the eyes and have a conversation with them if I can't stop looking at her mustache ? I love it when I read ..." I like them natural"...... I guess you also would prefer they didn't wear deodorant, don't brush their teeth, and don't comb their hair as well riiiiight ? Gotchya In the end i suppose it's each to their own right ? plus monkey girls need lovin too !

Tha Wookie
12-08-2004, 03:10
What's the matter Mt. Dew? Jealous that Minnesota was getting all the attention?

:jump

Mountain Dew
12-08-2004, 03:42
No Wookie I'm not. I both agree and disagree with Minnesota. I don't care what people like or dislike for the most part. I believe in HYOH and likewise ....each to their own as far as who they date as well. I know you have a hairy girlfriend from reading this post and it bothers me nill. I bet you keep warm in the winters. Enjoy....

Bloodroot
12-08-2004, 05:27
Ultralike hairy hiking partner! Save a bundle in cold weather clothing weight, just bring your partner! Im posting this in "Hooling Up" forum. That could cut my pack weight down at least 3lbs.

Aesop
12-08-2004, 08:43
Anybody know where women shaving really came from and when???!!! I bet the ladies do. I'm not some kook "religiously" against women shaving, but neither do I want to assume it has some divine blessing it doesn't. I like to know the truth about things.

Rain Man

.Rainman,
Shaving came from hosiery advertisements. Pics of French women flooded the American market, saying that women who wanted to be beautiful should shave their legs and wear OUR hosiery.

When can I collect my prize?

minnesotasmith
12-08-2004, 11:19
Kim, I'm 5'9". I don't think that qualifies as "short", especially from the POV of women of remotely normal height. You aren't taller than that, are you?
=================================================

BTW, much of my weight is muscle; I'm stronger than the vast majority of males I have known that are not either laborers by trade or bodybuilders. Too, my weight (25 pounds less than when I took up hiking again last year) does not prevent me from doing any physical activity I wish to. I have no problem moving all my own household possessions up and down stairs with no other humans around (including furniture pieces weighing well over 200 pounds), hoisting 10"-diameter 15' long logs onto my shoulder that I then carry for 50 yards without a halt (most recently after Hurricane Frances), etc., and have trail-hiked with a pack in excess of 14 miles in a single day within the past few months. As long as a woman I was considering being involved with was 1) not inhibited by her weight from being able to do things physically (i.e., hiking), 2) did not have health issues in general from it (e.g., enough to have increased risk of toxemia during pregnancy), and 3) was still reasonably attractive (had a woman's general shape rather than that of a pudgy barrel), there are IMO more critical aspects of a woman than her precise weight or a small degree of increased surface physical attractiveness.

Examples of that would include not resenting that she was a woman rather than a man, laughing at the feminist/PC/environut crowd, having a sense of honor that she does not rationalize away when inconvenient, capacity and willingness to bear children (whose rearing she does not intend to dump off on poorly-motivated strangers), industriousness, a lack of hubris/inappropriate sense of entitlement, etc. I just can't see life involvement with a couch potato whose junk-food/TV-watching lifestyle puts an inequitable burden distribution on marriage.

As far as grounds for divorce in my own case, those I have are such that had legal recognition before no-fault divorce was dreamed into existence by the liberals 40 years or so ago. No, I'm not going to spell out what it is to strangers on a public Internet forum; I'll happily talk about it to hikers in person I have befriended.

About my position that fertility is critical in considering marriage, I have these premises:

1) A family is not formed by a man and a woman coming together in marriage until there is a child.

2) Most people want children as part of marriage. Do remember that concealed barrenness has commonly long been considered legal grounds for divorce.

3) An excellent case can IMO be made that until the divorce courts are made equitable to men, that marriage is a terrible risk (given the likelihood of divorce and financial devastation to men) not worth taking when children are not a possibility.
==================================================

For those male forum readers here who still don't get it (not having taken the time to read my quoted sources before wrongly feeling themselves in a position to criticize my conclusions) why a nontraditional woman is a lousy bet for marriage, perhaps the following will penetrate your wishful thinking/blinding lust.

From http://www.nomarriage.com/paternity_test.shtml , but I have seen these same sorts of data (and some of the exact same studies, such as Red Cross and tissue-bank matching) on U.S. Government medical websites:

"From the Guardian, 1998-07-14: "More than 25 years ago the consultant obstetrician E E Phillipp reported to a symposium on embryo transfer that blood tests on between 200 and 300 women in a town in the south-east of England revealed that 30 per cent of their children could not have been fathered by the men whose blood groups had also been sampled".

From the Dallas Morning News 1999-10-31: "DNA Diagnostics Center … an industry leader, says 30 percent of the men it tests prove to be misidentified. Similar numbers come from the Texas attorney general's office, which enforces child support: About a quarter of the men who disputed paternity in the last year turned out to be right. In Florida, the proportion was one-third".

From the Sunday Times 2000-01-23: "David Hartshorne, spokesman for Cellmark, said that in about one case in seven, the presumed father turns out to be the wrong man".

From the Santa Barbara News-Press 2000-02-27: "For the population as a whole, "The generic number used by us is 10 percent," said Dr. Bradley Popovich, vice president of the American College of Medical Genetics. [15 to 25 % has been determined from blood tests of parents and offspring in Canada and the US.]"

From The Age 2000-03-26: "About 3000 paternity tests are carried out a year in Australia. In about 20 per cent of cases the purported father is found to be unrelated to the child. This figure is estimated to be 10 per cent in the general community".

From The REPORT Newsmagazine 2000-04-24: "The rate of wrongful paternity in "stable monogamous marriages," according to the Max Planck Institute in Munich, Germany, ranges from one in 10 with the first child to one in four with the fourth".

From the Independent 2000-05-12: "... biologists Robin Baker and Mark Bellis ... review of paternity studies also suggested frequent infidelity, with extra-pair paternity running between 1.4 per cent and 30 per cent in different communities".

From The Globe and Mail 2000-05-20: "Anecdotal evidence suggests these numbers bear out in Canada as well…. Maxxam Analytics in Guelph, Ont., performs approximately two paternity tests a day. And according to Dr. Wayne Murray, head of the human DNA department, one out of four men who come in pointing a finger at their spouse is not the biological father of the child in question".

From the Sunday Times 2000-06-11: "More than 250,000 tests a year are now conducted in America, and about 15,000 in Britain.... roughly 30% of men taking the tests discover that they are not the fathers of the children they regarded as their own. In the wider community, social scientists say up to 1 in 20 children are not the offspring of the man who believes himself to be their father".

From the Observer 2000-09-03: "One study followed couples waiting for NHS fertility treatment, where the men were 'azoospermic', meaning they produced no sperm and were totally infertile. The researchers found that 25 per cent of the women became pregnant before fertility treatment started". From the American Association of Blood Banks - 2001-02-26: "The overall exclusion rate for 1999 was 28.2% for accredited labs. Exclusion rates for non-accredited US and foreign labs were slightly less at 22.7% and 20.6% respectively". "

================================================== ======
The lesson IMO is clear. Just because a woman is willing to go hiking with you, easy on the eyes, and easy to get into bed, it doesn't mean by any means she would be a good bet to marry. If she has any iota of the modern-day liberal infinite ability to rationalize away oath-breaking*/feminist sense of entitlement to whatever she wants at any moment no matter its cost to other people, there is a terrible risk for a man marrying her ending up a victim of a human version of magpies/cowbirds/whydahs, a cuckold. Imagining spending much of your life effort to support the offspring of a despicably honorless person, being in effect silently contemptously laughed at every day by such a person, being denied by a great lie (by someone you completely trusted) the chance to have children of your own without your consent. That (aside from the risk of unjustified divorce and crushing decades-long alimony and excessive child support, losing children you do have to lost custody, etc.) is what man risks in marriage to a woman without traditional views of marriage and honor. No thanks.

*Male equivalent would be a guy who unapologetically did it with his sister-in-law because "I just gotta be me", Bill Clinton, Jesse Jackson, etc.

Bloodroot
12-08-2004, 11:29
I don't have enough time to read that post. :)

neo
12-08-2004, 11:36
my name is NEO,mr smith,your opposite:jump :bse

smokymtnsteve
12-08-2004, 11:59
oh minnesota ...my my, U R so Butch ;)

minnesotasmith
12-08-2004, 13:57
"[M]my name is NEO,mr smith,your opposite"

Then, I can take it that you are irrational, a gender feminist (ala Andrea Dworkin/Valerie Solanus), against successful lifelong marriages, against children growing to maturity in households with their biological parents married to each other, someone who would never want to have children, a nonreader of books without pictures, a constant TV-watcher, a smoker, a boozehound, a pothead, fanatic about watching television as much as possible, a socialist, an anti-white racist, against the U.S. being governed by the rule of the Constitution, on the side of radical Islamic terrorists, a nonscientist, member of PETA/ALF/Greenpeace, an evangelistic vegetarian, afraid of doing any physical labor, a physical weakling, and someone who would hate the idea of hiking on the AT? If you are my opposite, that is much of what you would have to be.

=================================================

Bloodroot:

"I don't have enough time to read that post."

Or to have an opinion about the validity or worth of its content, then. How about this: try reading the last two sections, starting with this:

"For those male forum readers here who still don't get it (not having taken the time to read my quoted sources before wrongly feeling themselves in a position to criticize my conclusions..."

================================================== =
Smoky:

"oh minnesota ...my my, U R so Butch"

My understanding is that to be "butch", one has to be an unfeminine, generally unattractive (by both appearance and demeanor) woman, like the dominant in a pair of lesbians. Since I am male, that would rule out my being so termed.

Bloodroot
12-08-2004, 14:06
[QUOTE=minnesotasmith]

Bloodroot:

"I don't have enough time to read that post."

Or to have an opinion about the validity or worth of its content, then. How about this: try reading the last two sections, starting with this:

"For those male forum readers here who still don't get it (not having taken the time to read my quoted sources before wrongly feeling themselves in a position to criticize my conclusions..."

Never criticized the validity or worth darling. Merely criticized the length needed to get the point across.

minnesotasmith
12-08-2004, 14:22
"Never criticized the validity or worth... Merely criticized the length needed to get the point across."

Fair enough. I hope that you do understand that, if I spell out 7 out of 10 possible reasons for a position, some near-troll will likely bring up that I did not mention one of those last 3 reasons, and will wrongly conclude that I did not know about them, and don't know much about the subject. For that reason, I believe that the more contentious the topic, the more thorough the defense of a non-PC position is intellectually required.

Bloodroot
12-08-2004, 14:47
This is not Matlock. Bare in mind the more intellectual reasoning, the better chance for someone to find discrepancies in your thought.

smokymtnsteve
12-08-2004, 14:57
Smoky:

"oh minnesota ...my my, U R so Butch"

My understanding is that to be "butch", one has to be an unfeminine, generally unattractive (by both appearance and demeanor) woman, like the dominant in a pair of lesbians. Since I am male, that would rule out my being so termed.

U understand incorrectly MS...but I am not surprised..as U R quite confused.

however I do know many very attractive Butch lesbians.

but as the ole saying goes..butch in the streets ..fem in the sheets.. :banana

Blue Jay
12-08-2004, 15:06
U understand incorrectly MS...but I am not surprised..as U R quite confused.

however I do know many very attractive Butch lesbians.

but as the ole saying goes..butch in the streets ..fem in the sheets.. :banana

Steve you are on a roll, butch in the streets, fem in the sheets is funny enough. To say it to the tightest a** on the planet, you're killing me. You simply cannot stop posting and leave me and Lone Wolf to try and loosen them up.

Bolo
12-08-2004, 15:10
[QUOTE=minnesotasmith]....."was still reasonably attractive (had a woman's general shape rather than that of a pudgy barrel), there are IMO more critical aspects of a woman than her precise weight or a small degree of increased surface physical attractiveness."

Minnesotadude,
I take issue with this! What is a woman's "general shape" for cripes sake?
Anything other than a "pudgy barrel"? Definition, please? Beer gut, pregnant, or just plain fat?? Guess if I met you, at 36-24-35, I'd fall into the "small degree of increased surface physical attractiveness?"
Whaddya know, I really have a chance.

Take a lesson from Lone Wolf...get your point across in 25 words or less.

Bolo;)

smokymtnsteve
12-08-2004, 15:34
Steve you are on a roll, butch in the streets, fem in the sheets is funny enough. To say it to the tightest a** on the planet, you're killing me. You simply cannot stop posting and leave me and Lone Wolf to try and loosen them up.

thank U ..today I am also finishing my packing for AK...On my goddess how will I ever live without daily computer access...

however I am working on this and my computer goddess is coming by tonight and is working on a notebook for me that uses cell phone connection... :banana

I am grateful for the blessings of all my goddesses.... :D

Kim Clark
12-09-2004, 01:14
Kim, I'm 5'9". I don't think that qualifies as "short", ___then Holy MOther of God sized snip___<HOLY snip! sized God of Mother> So. Fat, un-tall, and balding. Got it.

skeeterfeeder
12-09-2004, 01:48
MS, tell me secret. How do you keep your pack weight down with all that baggage?

Pencil Pusher
12-09-2004, 02:56
thank U ..today I am also finishing my packing for AK...On my goddess how will I ever live without daily computer access...

however I am working on this and my computer goddess is coming by tonight and is working on a notebook for me that uses cell phone connection... :banana

I am grateful for the blessings of all my goddesses.... :D
There's no phone line for the old skool dialup connection? Methinks a cell phone connection to the web will be rather pricey.

Mountain Dew
12-09-2004, 03:00
Wookie... You claimed on another thread that I "slandered" your girlfriend on here. What i said wasn't slander in the least and if it is then you showed me the way. I'll quote your post on here and then paraphrase what I stated. Wookie, , " She might not shave her armpits."...and what i said... " nothing wrong with girls being hairy but i choose to date girls that shave".----If you take that as slander then it's painfully obvious that you need to come clean on your feelings about body hair with your girlfriend. Leave me out of your surpressed thoughts and feelings. side note: Which is warmer ...900 fill goose down or a hairy hiker girl ? :-?

smokymtnsteve
12-09-2004, 03:09
There's no phone line for the old skool dialup connection? Methinks a cell phone connection to the web will be rather pricey.

nope no phone line and no electricity either....

unlimited nights and weekends and long distance..what doya think net zero is for?

Pencil Pusher
12-09-2004, 04:09
Wait a sec, no electricity? What's going to power the notebook or recharge the cell phone battery? Or did you mean you'll be off the grid?

smokymtnsteve
12-09-2004, 09:53
Wait a sec, no electricity? What's going to power the notebook or recharge the cell phone battery? Or did you mean you'll be off the grid?

there is a generator available to recharge batteries,,, and to warm up the
pick-up engine,, and to run the bandsaw,,,I will use the bandsaw to cut frozen meat into "energy bars" for the dogs. so yes Off-grid.

there is a propane system in the cabin for cooking and light.

oil heat,,,and also a woodstove,, I have to split the wood, but the bulk load of logs is already on property.

dog food deliveries are dropped 3/4 mile away, at the corner of the access road and the Parks hwy...you take a sled down with a couple dogs (or the snowmobile) load the dog food and drag it back to the cabin.

heck I probably won't have time to even think about puters much :banana

the public library is about 5 miles away, so after the morning chores I can harness up a team and Mush over to the puter and internet...there are dog hitching posts available..kinda like a parking space for sleds.

about a mile away is henri's coffee house, and earthsong lodge, they also have "dog parking"

hacksaw
12-09-2004, 20:06
Hey Rick,

'Bout time to put this one out to pasture, IMO.

Hacksaw

Tha Wookie
12-09-2004, 20:19
Wookie... You claimed on another thread that I "slandered" your girlfriend on here. What i said wasn't slander in the least and if it is then you showed me the way. I'll quote your post on here and then paraphrase what I stated. Wookie, , " She might not shave her armpits."...and what i said... " nothing wrong with girls being hairy but i choose to date girls that shave".----If you take that as slander then it's painfully obvious that you need to come clean on your feelings about body hair with your girlfriend. Leave me out of your surpressed thoughts and feelings. side note: Which is warmer ...900 fill goose down or a hairy hiker girl ? :-?

I wasn't talking about my girlfriend there. I was talking about the kind of girl the original poster might meet at the places I was suggesting. Island Mama's habits are not something I wish to share on the internet or anywhere else.

It seems to be an understanding, so let's just drop it.

hacksaw
12-09-2004, 21:11
Steve,

Are these Iditarod dogs you're dealing with?

I understand race equipment fairly well, but it mostly revolves around Chevrolet 350 ci engines and quarter to half mile dirt ovals in Georgia and Alabama.

I wonder if there's much difference in dealing with race dogs as opposed to normal Alaska work dogs like there is in dealing with race cars as opposed to the old grocery getter.

That sounds like a very cool(NPI) set up you're moving into.

I have some friends in the fishing business down in Cordova, but they live as well as any modern city in the snow belt of the U.S. so not much comparison with where you are headed.

Good Luck, My Friend, and do keep in touch.

Hacksaw

aron
12-13-2004, 22:47
maybe a princess is not what you need. i would go for a queen instead. did you pass one up at upper goose pond cabin? peace out! Aron

minnesotasmith
12-14-2004, 09:27
is essential:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1407622004

96% of women are liars, honest

EDWARD BLACK

NINETEEN out of 20 women admit lying to their partners or husbands, a survey on attitudes to truth and relationships has found.

Eighty-three per cent owned up to telling "big, life-changing lies", with 13 per cent saying they did so frequently.

Half said that if they became pregnant by another man but wanted to stay with their partner, they would lie about the baby’s real father.

Forty-two per cent would lie about contraception in order to get pregnant, no matter the wishes of their partner.

And an alarming 31 per cent said they would not tell a future partner if they had a sexual disease: this rises to 65 per cent among single women.

In the poll of 5,000 women for That’s Life! magazine, 45 per cent said they told "little white lies" most days. The favourite untruth was "of course you don’t look fat", with "these shoes were only £10" in second place.

Jo Checkley, the editor of That’s Life! , said that while many women now lied to avoid hurting their partner’s feelings, covering up the truth about a baby could have far more damaging consequences.

She said: "Modern women just can’t stop lying, but they do it to stop hurting other people’s feelings. It could be argued that these little white lies simply make the world go round a little more smoothly. But to tell a man a baby is his when it’s not, or to deliberately get pregnant when your partner doesn’t want a baby, is playing Russian roulette with other people’s lives."

The National Scruples and Lies Survey 2004 found plenty of untruths were told over the Christmas period. A total of 78 per cent said they would pass off a second-hand gift as a brand new present, while half have lied about a Christmas card being "lost in the post".

Women will also lie to save people’s feelings, with only 27 per cent saying they would tell a man if he was hopeless in bed (although a third would tell their friends all about it).

Just over half would flatter a man if he asked them about his looks and only 46 per cent would give the "brutal truth". However, 61 per cent of women would want their partners to be "brutally honest" if they asked them "do I look fat?" or "do you think my best friend’s attractive?"

Elsewhere, 54 per cent admitted stealing sweets or chocolates; 23 per cent would "sneak a bottle or two" home if they were invited to a party by a well-off friend; 49 per cent would "kiss and tell" to the media for £25,000 if they had a one-night stand with a celebrity; and 38 per cent say they would marry purely for money.

Nearly half said they had faked orgasms and 55 per cent admitted claiming they were tired, had a headache, or felt ill to "get out of lovemaking".

Nineteen per cent of women with a long-term partner said they had cheated on him, while 30 per cent of all women have had an affair with a married man. Sixty-eight per cent said they did not trust their partner.

As far as trustworthy personalities are concerned, the woman with "the most honest face" was Fern Britton, the This Morning host. She was followed by the singer Kerry Katona (formerly McFadden), Sharon Osbourne of The X Factor and the Queen.

The "most honest male face" jointly went to Ant and Dec, the presenters of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, with Prince William second.

The results come in the wake of the controversy surrounding David Blunkett, the Home Secretary, and his former lover, the publisher Kimberly Quinn. They had a child, but she kept details of the affair secret from her husband Stephen, even taking her son to Corfu for a week’s holiday to bond with him this year.

Mr Quinn accepted his wife’s story, but she had covered up the fact she was accompanied by Mr Blunkett.

• The survey questioned 5,000 women, average age 38, across Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Top ten porkies

That’s Life! magazine has carried out its National Scruples and Lies Survey 2004 to find out the top ten lies told by women. They are:

1. "Of course you don’t look fat!"
2. "These shoes were only £10."
3. "The bus/train was late."
4. "I’ve got a headache."
5. "I’ve only had one drink."
6. "That dress looks good on you."
7. "The cheque’s in the post."
8. "You look ten years younger."
9. "You’re wonderful in bed."
10. "I love you."
===========================================

Bloodroot
12-14-2004, 09:53
Funny MS. I'm sure this will once more get the stinging responses by the Whiteblaze ladies.

Blue Jay
12-14-2004, 10:03
Funny MS. I'm sure this will once more get the stinging responses by the Whiteblaze ladies.

Why bother, he's proven over and over he's a fool and won't be breeding in this lifetime.

minnesotasmith
12-14-2004, 10:21
doesn't change the veracity of the news, or its relevance. It's a logical fallacy, right up there with circular reasoning, special pleading, etc.

steve hiker
12-14-2004, 12:17
Forty-two per cent would lie about contraception in order to get pregnant, no matter the wishes of their partner.
This is not surprising at all.

Lucy Lulu
12-14-2004, 19:20
What a funny thread. I especially enjoyed the data contributed from "Edward Black." The author of....

"The Slice in the Scots Gin is.....Cucumber"
"Early Bath for all Fresco Drinkers"
"Glamour written in Stone"
"Armani on Edinburgh....Capital is a style Centre"

Obviously a very solid and credible source with a great amount of expertise in relationships.
This is great!:clap

You just have to consider the source, and take it with a grain of salt. How interesting would life be without the "colorful" opinions of a few "characters?"

Catsgoing
12-15-2004, 00:58
;) Finding your hiking princess....

1. Let her do some talking we do know how to hike also!

2. Slow down while on your hike. It isn't a race. Any man can out do us in a hike or on a bike. Your muscles are built different than ours. Save the speed hike when your alone.

3. Passion can be a good thing on the trail stop saying your to full of bug spray and sleeping alone. lol ;)

You will find her Neo All Good Things Come To Those Who Are Patient... :p

Mountain Dew
12-15-2004, 02:47
How does one go "off grid" while still using a cell phone, cell tower, cell company, gas for generator, coffee house, and a library ? I'm thinking "off grid" was used losely. Splitting wood in Alaska in Dec. ? bwahahaahahaaaaaaaaaa ENJOY !

Dudeboard
12-15-2004, 03:15
How does one go "off grid" while still using a cell phone, cell tower, cell company, gas for generator, coffee house, and a library ? I'm thinking "off grid" was used losely. Splitting wood in Alaska in Dec. ? bwahahaahahaaaaaaaaaa ENJOY !
At least the dog poop won't stink if it freezes instantly. Enjoy it, SMS. Give us an update when you get to that on-grid library.

bearbait2k4
12-15-2004, 03:22
My God, MinnesotaSmith, men lie as much as women do, at the very least. I've either dated enough, or am friends with enough, to know this.

As far as women cheating, etc., there is a very willing and able second party, there, and I truly doubt it's another woman.

The thing is, you never include stats about men versus women. The stats you give mean ABSOLUTELY nothing if there is nothing to compare it to. The reality of it is, in my experience, that:

out of all women I've known, 98% have dated a man who has later admitted to being married or in an exclusive relationship

out of these women, a whopping ZERO percent have ever cheated on a significant other

also, out of these women, 100% of them have been cheated on while in a monogamous relationship with a man

as for myself, I can't even recall the number of times I've been hit on by a man with a ring on his finger, have dated men who have reluctantly admitted to having a girlfriend who believes they are in a monogamous relationship, have been asked out by married men, only to find out they're married when their WIFE answers the phone, and have plenty of male friends who share their sordid secrets with me that I simply don't want to get into here.

All this being said, I can honestly understand that there is probably an equal, or almost equal, number of women who behave in this way as well. I don't really blur reality with my own gender-condesending make-believe world to where I don't seem to admit, or even acknowledge that people of my owns sex do the same things I'm complaining about in regards to the opposite sex.

I don't even know why I keep bothering with responding to your ridiculous posts, but I really am hoping that maybe, just maybe, you will start reading some of what you are posting and may eventually realize that it's insulting, one-sided, biased anti-women propaganda that is being stated by persons who, perhaps, shouldn't even be allowed out in public without supervision, much less those who are actually being used as credible sources in order to justify giving the whole of all womankind a name and reputation equal to the worst dogs on earth.

And if you really believe all this crap you are posting, then maybe it's time for you to start pursuing the same sex, since it's apparent that men are so fricking perfect in your eyes.

Mountain Dew
12-15-2004, 03:39
bearbait..you simply scold him for being so one sided with your own slant to the opposite side. To her you tell it all men cheat while you have never known a female that has. Without knowing you or any of your friends I'm calling that stat BS. Now maybe you don't know about their cheating, but what are the odds that NO female that you have ever known hasn't cheated ? You also contradict yourself with your "stats". Is it 98% or is it 100% ? I'm also guessing that you are using the 98% comment as a rough estimate as I highly doubt you keep such records. Just thought i'd chime in on a two sided, highly slanted funny topic. :D

A-Train
12-15-2004, 04:48

Sorry Dew, but if you're gonna call "Blue Wacko" out for spelling errors well, I believe the word you were looking for was "loosely". Seems like there is some "hypocrisy" there. Yeh, I used it in a sentence!

(You'd only understand this if you read the envionmental terrorist thread)

Pecan
12-15-2004, 05:18
As far as women cheating, etc., there is a very willing and able second party, there, and I truly doubt it's another woman.
Are you sure? Not even pecan pie is as sweet to some women as another woman.

minnesotasmith
12-15-2004, 08:05
Men cheating is not a subtopic related to this thread; women doing so is.
================================================== ====
Exactly, Pecan. A man may sleep with a married woman without knowing that she is married, thus unintentionally making her adultery possible.

Blue Jay
12-15-2004, 08:21
Thanks A-Train, I really appreciate that. By the way Hudson, off grid, means off the power grid. Cell phones use very little power. Once again it is sad you don't know that.

Blue Jay
12-15-2004, 08:27
Once again I miis an edit button. I forgot to put the word "electrical" in front of grid, the electrical power grid. Hudson, are you sure you spelled your laughter correctly. Do you actually have a B to start it? I though they only did that in old horror movies. Now that I think about it, I guess you do have it correct.

minnesotasmith
12-15-2004, 08:39
Women file for the bulk (65% - 90%) of divorce in marriages with minor children, with traditional legal grounds such as violence or infidelity (or, reasons) to do so demonstrated under 10% of the time in the few states that still require it. They also commit the majority of child murders and the majority of child physical abuse. Lastly, their rates of committing domestic violence are comparable to that of men, mostly taking place in mutually abusive relationships, and they are more likely to make use of weapons and surprise. You need to take off the rose-colored glasses about women as a whole, pal. Ask one of the more honest women you know if lots of women are vicious, selfish and dishonorable when no one's looking, and you'll likely get quite a shocking answer.

FWIW, my understanding about how often women are without honor does not lead to my not thinking highly of the ones who are virtuous; quite the contrary. The intelligent man values highly a woman who still has the traditional virtues that are essential to being a good wife, mother, and life companion; thus, so do I.

To expand your knowledge a bit: http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm See article #204, and perhaps #117.

Bonehead
12-15-2004, 10:10
To expand your knowledge a bit: http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

I need a site like that. Boneheadoneverything.com. Ask Bonehead.

MOWGLI
12-15-2004, 11:25
I need a site like that. Boneheadoneverything.com. Ask Bonehead.

I'd tend to ask a Bonehead a question before I'd ask one of a charter member of the He Man Woman Haters Club. :D

Tim Rich
12-15-2004, 11:59
Women file for the bulk (65% - 90%) of divorce in marriages with minor children, with traditional legal grounds such as violence or infidelity (or, reasons) to do so demonstrated under 10% of the time in the few states that still require it. They also commit the majority of child murders and the majority of child physical abuse. Lastly, their rates of committing domestic violence are comparable to that of men, mostly taking place in mutually abusive relationships, and they are more likely to make use of weapons and surprise. You need to take off the rose-colored glasses about women as a whole, pal. Ask one of the more honest women you know if lots of women are vicious, selfish and dishonorable when no one's looking, and you'll likely get quite a shocking answer.

FWIW, my understanding about how often women are without honor does not lead to my not thinking highly of the ones who are virtuous; quite the contrary. The intelligent man values highly a woman who still has the traditional virtues that are essential to being a good wife, mother, and life companion; thus, so do I.

To expand your knowledge a bit: http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm See article #204, and perhaps #117.

The most interesting thing about this blather is that it comes from someone holding themself up as a conservative. Conservatives consider the worth of the individual, without the generalizations you spout about women. Ask any honest woman (or man) if they know lots of people who are vicious, selfish and dishonorable when no one's looking, and you'd get the same "shocking" answer. Your poor choices and experiences seem to have soured your outlook on the fairer sex, and you feed this distaste by seeking out bigots and miscreants who share your views. "The Chip" which you think resides in the American woman doesn't; it's perched on your shoulder.

neo
12-15-2004, 12:14
life is to short to focous on negative BS.minnasota smith probally would keep great company with WARD LEONARD.i cant understand WHY he has to focus on
extreme negative BS.i still hope i find my hiking princess though.:sun happy trails to all :sun neo

MOWGLI
12-15-2004, 12:19
life is to short to focous on negative BS.minnasota smith probally would keep great company with WARD LEONARD.

There is no need to pick on Ward Leonard. He suffers from mental illness.

Besides, you'd have to actually have to spend some time on the trail if you are going to meet up with Ward. I'm not sure that our local gadfly is up to the task. It's too much fun being provocative - in the theoretical sense that is.

Tha Wookie
12-15-2004, 12:31
Conservatives consider the worth of the individual, without the generalizations you spout about women.
You're from Atlanta, right? me too. One of the most conservative cities in the country, and not a pioneer in taking individuals for their own worth. I just don't see it. Even my longtime conservative friends from Baptist church confide in me their racist, sexist, and stereotypical tendencies. On the other hand, my newer friends, who might erroneously call "liberal" because that's best stereotypical term to separate black from white for ease of comprehension, also tend to label "conservatives" for certain characteristics.

In other words, what's the use stereotyping a group for how they generalize?

It's just one more example how the terms "conservative" and "liberal" are nothing more than arbitrary mechanisms of division useful only for chained minds, pissing contests, and political polarization. They're crap.

Otherwise, you made a good post.

Blue Jay
12-15-2004, 13:00
life is to short to focous on negative BS.minnasota smith probally would keep great company with WARD LEONARD.i cant understand WHY he has to focus on
extreme negative BS.i still hope i find my hiking princess though.:sun happy trails to all :sun neo

I agree with MOWGLI16. Leave Ward out of this, I have seen him demonstrate respect for women. He would not like MS at ALL.

Tim Rich
12-15-2004, 13:32
You're from Atlanta, right? me too. One of the most conservative cities in the country, and not a pioneer in taking individuals for their own worth. I just don't see it. Even my longtime conservative friends from Baptist church confide in me their racist, sexist, and stereotypical tendencies. On the other hand, my newer friends, who might erroneously call "liberal" because that's best stereotypical term to separate black from white for ease of comprehension, also tend to label "conservatives" for certain characteristics.

In other words, what's the use stereotyping a group for how they generalize?

It's just one more example how the terms "conservative" and "liberal" are nothing more than arbitrary mechanisms of division useful only for chained minds, pissing contests, and political polarization. They're crap.

Otherwise, you made a good post.

I'll not defend bigotry or racism when it is expressed by members of any political affiliation, nor can I defend my region's historical shortcomings on race any more than I would those in Boston. I don't pretend to believe that broad descriptions of people make them perfect or insulate them from erroneous personal beliefs. My intention was to point out, as you have with your Baptist friends, MS' views on women is contradictory to a conservative view that valuations should be made on individual merits and not broadly by race or sex (such as college admissions).

By the way, I'm not a native Atlantan. I grew up in a place insulated from the race problems experienced in Atlanta: Alabama. :D

Take Care,

Tim

Mountain Dew
12-15-2004, 16:52
A-train, "Sorry Dew, but if you're gonna call "Blue Wacko" out for spelling errors well, I believe the word you were looking for was "loosely". Seems like there is some "hypocrisy" there. Yeh, I used it in a sentence!--- WRONG. He tried calling me out for simple grammar/ spell check mistakes and so I returned the favor to him by pointing out his own flaws. This he did not like and proceeded to use the word "hypocricy" which I found extremely hilarious. Say it with me, KARMA ! Even after I called him on it he once again stood by his incorrect spelling of the word. That was a classic !

A-train, "(You'd only understand this if you read the envionmental terrorist thread)" --- NOPE. You'd only understand this if you read the ENTIRE environmental terrorist thread. Push restart and try again A-train.
--------------------------
Blue Wacko, I love how you try to play the whole thing off with A-train like he was correct in proclaiming me the hypocrite for spell/grammar checking you. Classic. So according to you "off grid" doesn't count for cell phones because they use very little power ? bwahahaa yeah, o.k. To you off grid means something weak and fake then. To me off grid means that somebody has no need for outside help. Bwahahaaa " Cell phones are off grid" hahahahaaaa oh please respond to this post for me blue wacko.... You are fun to toy with boy.

gravityman
12-15-2004, 17:10
[QUOTE=Mountain DewSo according to you "off grid" doesn't count for cell phones because they use very little power ? [/QUOTE]

Hmmm. To me, off grid literally means that you don't have a power line running to your house. Doesn't mean that you don't use electricity, (heck, a flashlight would violate that), just that you aren't getting power from the power grid. Your own generator would count as being off-grid. A building in the center of NY city could potentially be off grid.

This is probably the best site to back up that idea (US department of energy):
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumerinfo/makeelectricity/operate_off_grid.html

Gravity

Mountain Dew
12-15-2004, 17:19
Gravityman...Yes, I suppose it all depends on what you call off grid. I do see your point though G-man. If somebody uses a typical phone line they are on grid, but if they use a cell phone they are off grid ? Not in my logic, but in the end...who cares right ?

saimyoji
12-15-2004, 17:49
Probably the woman you're looking for is too smart to waste time reading the bickering and name calling on threads like this. Too bad I'm not.

Bolo
12-15-2004, 18:19
Probably the woman you're looking for is too smart to waste time reading the bickering and name calling on threads like this. Too bad I'm not.DITTO!

Neo, you must be getting a laugh outa this thread! Don't give up...there's a gal out there somewhere just for YOU!

Pencil Pusher
12-15-2004, 18:35
Hey Rick,

'Bout time to put this one out to pasture, IMO.

Hacksaw
And thankfully (I think:confused: ) this was not.

As to the 'off grid' I mentioned, it was simply for the power grid most of us are connected to. It doesn't imply anything more, but as has already been typed, that's subject to interpretation. Interestingly enough, some people who have the ability to be off grid choose to be on it so they can 'sell' their excess power back to the utility company. Pretty nifty, eh? But considering the difference in cost per power unit, such a sale should only be a byproduct of supplying your own power with a little more left to sell.

bearbait2k4
12-15-2004, 19:11
MountainDew, 98% versus 100% - difference being admittance by the guilty party, and the victim simply finding out on their own.

As far as one slanted, I don't think so. I can admit that there are probably equal numbers of bad apples for both genders, which I did so in that post. If you just pick and choose what you read, then sure, it could be one-sided. Hell, I could just pick and choose the words from your last post to read "I...am...a...wacko," but something tells me that's not what you were trying to get at.

Tha Wookie
12-15-2004, 20:18
Gravityman...Yes, I suppose it all depends on what you call off grid. I do see your point though G-man. If somebody uses a typical phone line they are on grid, but if they use a cell phone they are off grid ? Not in my logic, but in the end...who cares right ?
Don't worry, Mt. D. We all love you.

minnesotasmith
12-15-2004, 22:18
"To me, off grid literally means that you don't have a power line running to your house. Doesn't mean that you don't use electricity, (heck, a flashlight would violate that), just that you aren't getting power from the power grid. Your own generator would count as being off-grid. A building in the center of NY city could potentially be off grid."

Exactly, exactly.

Mountain Dew
12-16-2004, 00:38
Wookie, thanks for the words, but something tells me that is not entirely true.

bearbait2k4, "As far as one slanted, I don't think so. I can admit that there are probably equal numbers of bad apples for both genders, which I did so in that post"--- I found where you supposedly admitted that both sides are equal at being bad... "men lie as much as women do, at the very least." ---perhaps men do and perhaos men don't, but WHO CARES. BUT then you carry painfully on and on blah blah about how EVERY single woman that you have ever known has been cheated on blah blah for about 10 paragraphs. If that is balanced to you then so be it. I'm amazed how you seem to meet the most loyal women in the world.

You simply got sucked into playing the exact opposite of Minn. on this topic. Neither side of this argument is productive or correct.

ps. you COULDN'T have plucked the words "I...am...a...wacko" from my last post either. Reading comprehension is an art.

saimyoji
12-16-2004, 00:56
Its a skill that unfortunately has been diluted out over the years. We're at the point now where kids look at a page full of words and are hypnotised by the spacing patterns (too much Tetris?) and outright REFUSE to read because they KNOW they won't understand half of what they are about to read.

saimyoji
12-16-2004, 00:59
I didn't intend to eat my foot on this one. Nor did I intend to insult bearbait2K4. I was merely responding to MD's post.

Mountain Dew
12-16-2004, 01:11
No worries Saimyoji....I'm sure she understood that you weren't directing your comments towards her. She and I would probably agree of this topic if not for her attempt to slant so hard against Minn. oh well ....

Jack Lincoln
12-16-2004, 02:16
You still come across as one ignorant "motherfokker".

bearbait2k4
12-16-2004, 14:10
Mountain Dew, I putting focus on the other side because it was so off-hand.

Hopefully, MS realizes that there is another side.

bearbait2k4
12-16-2004, 14:11
was putting

neo
12-24-2004, 14:39
still lookin for my hiking princess:sun neo

screwysquirrel
12-25-2004, 00:17
You'll never find her here. Half of these women posting here are probably in drag. :confused:

steve hiker
12-25-2004, 00:38
The other half are taken.

TakeABreak
12-25-2004, 02:28
Neo,

I would suggest, that, you go do, what it is you like to do, and you will be surprised when it happens. I, like you, would love to meet a woman that like the things I like and get married. Although it has not happened yet,(marriage that is) I do meet women out doing the things I like to do and have a few, but that is not the only reason for being out there (enjoying life).

As others have suggested join some local hiking and outdoors clubs, do trail work, things happen when we least expect them. Also, you may try, www.match.com (http://www.match.com) www.americansingles.com (http://www.americansingles.com) or yahoo singles. There are women out there that like the outdoors that are looking to date.

Just get on with life and you will be surprised at the amount of women that are out there. It will happen one day.

art to linda
12-25-2004, 09:57
better to make that thirds... woman who are happy & secure outdoors are not run of the mill Ladies. They are more then likely looking for a friend first, partner next, then see where it goes from there. They don't want a man to protect them from the world but a partner who will share their joy in experiencing it. Someone they can trust at their back when they push the limits and who will also trust them to do the same. Add in all the other boy/girl stuff and you can see why it will sometimes take a while to find the right one. Keep looking, but while you're doing that live & enjoy life. Find out what you need to be a happy, secure person in your own right (these things change as we get older). Be flexible and open to the new/differant as life is always changing. Just when you don't expect it the fates may suprise you with just what you are looking for. :)

neo
12-25-2004, 10:36
i am enjoying life,i always have,my problem is not finding a woman,just the right one,i would rather be alone,the be with just anyone,i am happy being me,will i am just gonna keep hiking,merry christmas every body,happy trails to all:sun neo

Hoppy
12-25-2004, 13:01
You'll never find her here. Half of these women posting here are probably in drag. :confused:
And the quote that followed were that the rest were taken.....

That's the problem with sitting around on the computer all day reading posts - one doesn't actually get out and meet people (and I am speaking generally and not trying to attack anyone's habits!), nor can one know that much about the women who may or may not be on this site.

First of all, I'm a non-drag, non-taken woman who sometimes bemoans my inability to find a sane man who likes to do what I like to do. But don't any of you go asking me for my number or picture. If I met you, I'd rather it be on the trail! See you out there!

Ridge
12-25-2004, 13:10
I asked my girl if she liked me hiking or not hiking. Her reply: I like you better when I've been hiking.

I just Love a gal who hikes.

neo
12-25-2004, 13:54
i like your style hoppy,a woman that hikes from russia,to cool:sun neo

steve hiker
12-25-2004, 17:22
U sound real spunky Hoppy i like to hike and travel to far off places too and people say I look like Clint Eastwood or Bruce Lee, i'm ruff and tuff on the trail but smooth as silnylon in the tent and i know how to make fire from two dry sticks and to get food from the woods if the mice eat all the Mountain House, I think we got a lots in common but one thing I gotta ask you Hoppy, you're not from Noo Joisey are U :eek:

Hoppy
12-26-2004, 11:21
I think I"ve only driven through NJ, never been there otherwise. When I am not living in the cold north lands, I live in Virginia, where the mountains are never that far away.

neo
12-26-2004, 13:21
hoppy,have you ever been to the mountains in tennessee or north carolina

i live 4 to 5 hours from the appalachian trail sections,georgia,tennessee,north carolina,and southwest virginia:sun neo

Drala Hiker
12-26-2004, 17:41
Linda, you sure described the type of woman I want to share life with. I was married for 15 years, most of them happy. But after divorce, I realized the need to share one's passions in life, not just the occasional short hike. You hit the nail on the head - allow time and space for a good friendship to grow into more, if that's is what is wanted by both. Also, don't rely on mind-reading for your desires to be known. Take time to have truthful discussions with your friend. Have the courage to face the unknown in a relationship, just like you have the courage to be on the trail.

art to linda
12-27-2004, 12:34
You are right on about the mind reading. Communicating thoughts and feelings is one of the biggest hurdles in a relationship. One thing that I found, as I got older, was that so many people are ridged in their thinking. They have lost the flexabilty of mind that lets them be open to new experiances/ideas. For someone with a zest for living/learning that can be a draw back in forming new relationships.
True passion for something frightens or confuses a lot of people (unless it is directed at them). I think, it may be that when you are doing something that you are passionate about you are fully alive, and this doesn't require another person. Sure, it would be great to have someone who shares this passion, or at least understands it, but it's not required.
Since I have two great passions I'm doubly damned LOL (my art & the outdoors), yet life is O'so sweet and so much to still enjoy! Another thought, one of the greatest things about passion is that when you have it in one aspect of your life it tends to spill over into other parts.

Mountain Dew
01-08-2005, 03:30
Jack Lincoln aka the great WB hypocrite, "You still come across as one ignorant "motherfokker".--- What happened to your offense to peoples cursing on WB because children might be reading these threads ? bwahahaaa oops..wait....after you posted that I went back and found over 20 of YOUR posts that had numerous curse words in each post. Transparent, weak, ignorant, not original, but most of all you amuse us whoever you really are.

minnesotasmith
01-08-2005, 05:12
"Since I have two great passions I'm doubly damned LOL (my art..."

What type of art do you have an interest in?

art to linda
01-08-2005, 12:22
I do many types of art... if I cann't create I get cranky :D
painting, almost everything from wild life to people (with a fondness for photo realistic fantasy) same with sculpture (wood, stone & clay).... inbetween I design & build theatrical sets and specialty props/costumes.

minnesotasmith
01-09-2005, 10:54
My taste in art runs more to Oriental (esp. Japanese), nature (more scenery than animals), Objectivist art, much of Frank Frazetta's work, some futuristic pieces, somber depictions of past military moments, and some classic Romantic works. Sculpture generally leaves me cold, and anything reminiscent of a handicraft strikes me more as functionless clutter than anything else. To each his own, of course, as long as every adult in the house can stomach it...