PDA

View Full Version : Today (daturday) only - AMC membership for $25

dcmidnight
10-03-2010, 08:13
This thread is not meant to be a debate about the value of an AMC membership. But for those interested the DC area Groupon deal today is $25 for an annual membership - there is also a similar family discount.

http://www.groupon.com/washington-dc/

It seems like even if you dont live here you can buy this Groupon and activate it online. But do not take my word for that - please read more.

For those that do not have Groupon deals in there area they are daily coupon deals mailed out for local area businesses/services. Sometimes there is some really great stuff.

Again this is available today only.

(and yes I spelled Saturday wrong in the thread title - much obliged if a mod could fix)

Skidsteer
10-03-2010, 08:23
Today is Sunday.

Toolshed
10-03-2010, 08:44
So if I rejoin, maybe they will reduce my mail solicitations back down to once a week???

dcmidnight
10-03-2010, 10:05
Today is Sunday.
LOL thanks :) Up a little too early this morning...

This deal is good for Sunday.

Carbo
10-03-2010, 11:54
The AMC is a good deal here in the Delaware Valley chapter. Spent 3 days up at Mohican at an AMC sponsored "Thru-hike Planning" event last weekend. It included two breakfasts, a dinner and lodging in a very well equiped cabin. There were four leaders who were previous thru-hikers and each evening we covered all aspects of the thru plus their experinces on the trail. During the day we hiked along the NJ ridges with great views. Met a couple of SOBO thru-hikers (Blissful and RootRock). Very informative, good food, good exercise, great group of people!

The Snowman
10-03-2010, 15:49
That's have the normal rate and is even less than the low cost new member rates.