PDA

View Full Version : excited

Former Admin
11-19-2002, 00:40
anyone else getting excited about hiking soon? I got about 3 months left till im on the the trail again, I have a new girlfriend and other new changes in my life, but the one thing that hasn't changed is my love of the trail and I can't wait to be back on it, and find out who I am now. Because believe it or not if you spend any amount of time on the trail, you will find out who you really are. you charachter defects will show to others and yourself, are you who you really want to be or thought you were?

I meet a few people from this forum last year and even though they did not know me, they knew I had a lot of dirt going on in my life. Some will except that fact some won't, but if it ever comes the need to find yourself the trail is your best bet.

For go all other avenues, and not be forgotten, for you are a part of us through one trail under god.

Lugnut
11-19-2002, 01:36
I'll have a shot of whatever he's having!:D

wacocelt
11-19-2002, 03:26
Amen!

Some people Thru Hike the AT to experience nature, see the sights, become one with the Earth Mother... Others Thru Hike to dig deeper into themselves.

I personally hope to do an extravagant amount of both. Both finding the Nature around me and within Myself, as well as losing the Self within my nature and the Nature within myself. If this doesn't make sense then the original poster is to blame for causing such feeling to issue forth.

Be Well.

chris
11-19-2002, 08:51
I've been really revved up to do another long hike since about two minutes after boarding the Greyhound home in May. I'm really, really, looking forward to the arrivial of the summer. I'm still not sure what I'll be doing and so am spending lots of time (that should be spent doing research) thinking about various options for a long summer.

Jumpstart
11-19-2002, 17:18
Hey Easyhiker,

We met at Fontana Dam during the blackout last year, and you mentioned you had been there dealing with issues for more than 5 days! I'm glad to hear you are hitting the trail again, hope things go well for you this time around!
-Jumpstart