PDA

View Full Version : Cool Website!

smokeeater908
10-04-2010, 23:31
If you have not heard of this page it is awesome, you can buy stuff anywhere from 50%-70% off retail, major brands and it changes every 3 days. Only catch is you have to be invited so if you would like an invite just send me a PM. The page is

http://www.theclymb.com

perrito
10-04-2010, 23:33
spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,

smokeeater908
10-04-2010, 23:42
I don't think so, I found out about the page from another hiking forum and I have bought several good items off of it, bought a Go-Lite backpack and also bought a Go-Lite sleeping bag. You can think what you want but it is a good page with cool stuff sometimes and I'm sorry if I offended you.

IronGutsTommy
10-04-2010, 23:44
dont worry bout it snakeeater, this forum suffers from lots of various means of advertising and sometimes people get sick of it. youve said your piece and made your offer, im sure some willl take you up on it. good day to you

IronGutsTommy
10-04-2010, 23:45
smoke not snake.. musta been thinking of that metal gear solid game

IronGutsTommy
10-04-2010, 23:49
as for joining something where youve gotta be invited.. sounds elitist to me. youve also gotta have someone vouge for you to join the aryan nation, the mafia, and NAMBLA...nuff said

smokeeater908
10-05-2010, 00:09
it is so amazing, I help people everyday while I volunteer as a fireman and I see a page that is pretty cool and I offer it to people who might not have saw it and I get ridiculed for it. Wow this is too funny.

IronGutsTommy
10-05-2010, 00:14
spam is different than helping as a volunteer fireman. i am also a volunteer fireman but what youre doing regardless is categorized as spam. noone here knows if you own the site, are a paid representative, etc etc. what sets our alarms off is youve done a total all 3 posts, all here for a company. so it appears if you werent selling something you dont interact with this site much.. spam. sorry

smokeeater908
10-05-2010, 00:30
Well guys please have this thread deleted, I have set here and read posts everyday from this forum for a month and actually bought my wife some Acorn shoes off the Clymb tonight and I told her this would be a cool place for some hikers so I was going to post this tonight on here if anybody had not heard of it. Since your a fireman I don't work for promotive.com either but go there and sign up under fire and rescue and you can buy Leki Thermolite AERGON XL SpeedLock poles for 81.00. Oh and by the way I work as a 3rd generation heating and air conditioning man, and weekend hike and last year ran 624 fire calls so I don't have time to work anywhere else.

smokeeater908
10-05-2010, 00:39
Never mind I just sent the webmaster an email to remove this thread and remove me from this forum. Thanks guys I appreciate jumping to conclusions.

4eyedbuzzard
10-05-2010, 00:55
Okay, theclymb.com offers their members the ability to get a $10 coupon for people they invite if that person joins and buys something (joining is free). You put out a special link that has your name attached such as http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/member's name.

If you'll note and check by mousing over it, the hyperlink smokeeater gave is not coded to his name. I know we're all sensitive to and don't like spam, but maybe we should hold the crucifixion and give the guy the benefit of the doubt? :o Sales from lots of retail outlets get posted here on WB all the time.

And FWIW, REI, while now public, is cooperatively owned and many of us are members and therefore owners, and at one time it only sold to members as well. But no one is crying spam over posts about the upcoming REI sale.

IronGutsTommy
10-05-2010, 00:58
sorry man noone was jumping i just did 2 things.. 1. explained why someone jumped to the spammer conclusion and 2. told you some people will likely take you up on your offer and be very happy they did. you shouldnt take it off, i was just pointing out why some would maybe jump to that conclusion. most spammers have a few things in common.. few posts if any outside of mentioning a website or product, no about information filled out in their used info, and no private messages received or sent, no friends, etc. you just happened to fit all those criteria, but i apologize if i offended you. just explaining from my experience why you got a spam reaction, thats all. hats off to a fellow volunteer

Trailweaver
10-05-2010, 03:11
Lord, you all are soooo sensitive! Can't we get along here?

perrito
10-05-2010, 08:12
Well, if this is truly not a spam post, I apologise. Anyone should know better than to make their first post on any forum one such as this. Definitely not good forum protocol.

millergear
10-05-2010, 08:21
I thought it was a great 1st post. Like showing up the 1st day at work with a box of donuts!

4eyedbuzzard
10-05-2010, 08:28
Yeah, not a very good introduction. FWIW, I bought a Golite daypack from theclymb recently at a pretty good discount ($52 net w /shipping for a VO24) and it arrived just fine. I can also send an invitation to anyone who wants one, just PM me - I'm not into advertising to WB members in order to get coupons for gear. I'll get a $10 coupon if you join AND then later buy something. I'm sure the person (here on WB) who invited me likely got their $10 coupon. Not a big deal in my mind. I think if you click on the "not a member / not invited" link on their page http://www.theclymb.com/waitlists/new the company will likely send you an invite. If it were my business I would:-?.

bulldog49
10-05-2010, 10:10
I thought it was a great 1st post. Like showing up the 1st day at work with a box of donuts!

More like showing up with Amway to sell. :-?

Danielsen
10-05-2010, 11:11
I'm with Millergear on the box of donuts. A few weeks ago when someone posted a link to the Golite sale I didn't say "omg SPAM," I said "thanks!" and went and bought myself a quilt I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. It's been keeping me nice and toasty sleeping out the last few nights.

Chill out, people. Not everyone who tries to help you is a spammer. ;)

Forever North
10-05-2010, 13:22
Ya, I too checked the site out and was suprised at the limited amount of items being offered. But I am glad to have another site offering discounted gear. Having to buy all new gear for next year I need to save every penny I can. I just worry about what some of these companies do with my credit card information. Futhermore, I see 4eyedbuzzard bought some items without any proublms. That will ease my mind some if I find something on that site that I need. I also hear REI is having a 20% off this week. I'll have to check it out also. Love discount's

IronGutsTommy
10-05-2010, 13:40
soory smokeeater. i didnt mean to come off as a whiner, i was only trying to explain why you got the initial reaction you did. as i said lots of people will appreciate the link and look into it, no doubt saving some money in the process. sorry again sometimes even a good natured post or two can be read or construed (correctly) in more than one way. now if youll excuse me Ive got a hearty slice of humble pie calling my name.

Luddite
10-05-2010, 14:17
Its like a Costco hiking store. I don't buy stuff from places that require a membership.

Spokes
10-05-2010, 15:07
Sounds like your email address may be worth more to the website (long term) than the products they sell?

I'm always leery, sorry.

Rocketman
10-05-2010, 15:20
The Clymb Sexy Sleeping Bag(s) on 10/04/2010 10:42:03 MDT http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/elements/comment_add.png (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/mb_post_form.html?po=reply&note_id=319908&forum_thread_id=37764) http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/elements/flag_red.png (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/report_post.html?forum_thread_posting_id=319908&forum_thread_id=37764) http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/elements/printer.png (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=37764&nid=319908&print=1)

20*F rating at just 3.85 pounds.

"Sexy Hotness is the perfect sleeping bag for making love in the woods. Zippers on both sides allow you to connect as many sleeping bags together as your party requires. With extra girth, Sexy Hotness offers plenty of space to move around in. Use the extra space to follow along the Kama Sutra print interior. Centrally located middle zippers allow for access to the erogenous zones. The middle zipper allows for easy walking and airing out your nether regions. With the built-in padded slippers, you never have to get out of your sleeping bag for those pesky middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks.

temperature rating 20º F
weight: 3.85 lbs
shell material poly taffeta
fill material poly fibers
lining material poly microfiber
fits up to: 6ft 4 inches tall
shoulder girth: 66 inches
hip girth: 63 inches
packed size: large: 9"W x 14"H x 9"D
insulation type synthetic
sex compatible Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have a membership. After reading the above if anyone should wish an invite .... which puts $10 of shopping dollars into my hands ..... I'll gladly provide you with an invitation.

Remember... this is just one of the great backpacking specials that crop up from time to time.

I thought some folks would get a laugh out of this brand of sleeping bag, and they have a website with pictures.

Danielsen
10-05-2010, 16:21
Yeah, I've seen those Alite bags before, but I have to admit I was a little surprised to see them show up on the Clymb! :lol:

Based on their full product range (and website), Alite seems to cater to the hipster crowd that Backpacker Magazine's editor claims are the only people who hike the AT anymore. :p

Luddite
10-05-2010, 16:41
Is it like Steap and cheap?

How much is the sexy bag?

Forever North
10-05-2010, 17:32
Is it like Steap and cheap?

How much is the sexy bag?

74 dollars and change, plus shiping. However. I don't really like the print on the inside of the bag, my wife isn't thrilled about it either.

kevinp
10-05-2010, 18:00
Its like a Costco hiking store. I don't buy stuff from places that require a membership.

Saw a lot of conversation around our site here. I just wanted to offer to answer any questions you have or at least make up semi clever answers if I don't know what you are asking.

I just wanted to explain the site a little bit. We aren't private because we think we are all elite, sitting around sipping tea with our pinkies extended. Basically brands want to sell gear and not have the prices searched via Google and other search engines. To protect their pricing we used a "private sale model". We use the email address as your sign on and to send out the brand event announcements and that is it. We don't sell your address, give out your address, process your address, auction your address, sign you up for various magazines via email, or sign it up to odd newsletters for fun like knitting quarterly.

Thanks for talking about us and to those people that have bought through us we appreciate it. If you have any more questions you can DM me through my profile on here.