PDA

View Full Version : Lost Poles

johnsiii
10-05-2010, 11:59
Hi,
I left a pair of REI hiking poles at Deep Gap, NC Sunday evening. Pretty sure I left them leaning against the trash cans at the parking area. If found, I'd love to get them back.

thanks

sly dog
10-05-2010, 12:12
Join the club, I left my leki ultralights on the stampede trail in Alaska, looks like I'm buyin a new pair in the spring! :mad:

Trailweaver
10-06-2010, 00:15
I can't help you with the lost poles, but I can suggest this. . . found it accidentally on the web recently. It's a website that sells permanent labels with your name and phone # on it. . . the idea is that maybe, just maybe if you lost the whatever someone nice would find it and call you to return it if they had your number. Sounds like it might work, at least some of the time. ; - )

ifoundyouritem.com

4eyedbuzzard
10-06-2010, 08:40
I can't help you with the lost poles, but I can suggest this. . . found it accidentally on the web recently. It's a website that sells permanent labels with your name and phone # on it. . . the idea is that maybe, just maybe if you lost the whatever someone nice would find it and call you to return it if they had your number. Sounds like it might work, at least some of the time. ; - )

ifoundyouritem.com

Lots of golfers do that with golf clubs - put an address label on the shaft of each club so if you lose one there's at least a chance of getting it back. Most people are pretty honest and will try to return found items. Unfortunately, with hiking, using the golf analogy, there's no central place like a club house where you can leave found items that don't have ID.