PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for 2011?

northernstorm
10-06-2010, 00:24
I am extremely excited for the opportunity to attempt the AT next spring. I am beginning at the approach trail at amicalola. March 5th. Anyone else leaving on the 5th? I see a lot of people on here are planning for the trip as well. I hope to meet some of you NOBO. I'm sure some of these trail names will stick in my head. Good luck with your planning this winter folks.

Forever North
10-06-2010, 00:49
My spirit is ready and my heart has always been ready. But, baby do I still need some gear. I only have two big ticket items to buy along with a bunch of little stuff. My boots and a sleeping bag and I can't make up my mind witch bag to buy. It's been driving me nuts.:eek: Spring is 20 weeks away but it feels like it's just around the corner. See how I am thinking; in weeks, not months. Month's are too long; week's are shorter.
Arn't they???:-? :-?

SullyJoe
10-06-2010, 01:40
I've been planning this trip for a year, and it's all i can think about. My friend and i are leaving feb 21... and i am also thinking in weeks. I love the winter time, and am excited to have it to start off the trip. Hope to see you all along the way!

IronGutsTommy
10-06-2010, 02:19
Im so pumped up Im starting this week!.after i finish my sobo the nobo will be great as ill be in good enough trail shape to really soak in all the nature, fellow nobo hikers, AYCE restaurants (find one with a booth you can spend an entire zero day there lol). Im extremely pumped up, have been itching at this since springtime. cant wait to meet and greet many wonderful people..eh what the hell throw a couple grumpy people in the mix too.

Don H
10-06-2010, 08:34
Leaving tomorrow for a section hike from PenMar to Front Royal. Last shake down before starting my thru in mid March '11.

northernstorm
10-07-2010, 00:57
Nice. I still have a couple shakedowns to do this winter. I live like 5 minutes from the trail here in new York. So I love my quick getaways.