PDA

View Full Version : To any Sobo's out now...we're up and running!

Outdoor76
10-07-2010, 09:11
We had mentioned about a month back that we were opening a new outfitter (Outdoor 76) on Main St. in Franklin, NC ...well, we are officially open for business. We've had reps come by and say its the best start-up they've ever seen. We built this shop around you guys and we hope to not disappoint. If there's anything we can do - we're on it. We have amazing programs worked out with some killer brands to offer everything from give-aways to deep discounted deals on stuff from socks to soap for AT thru-hikers. We're at 76 E Main St ...just a short walk from all of Ronnie Haven's Hotels. We're regularly offering free no-cook food (ie bananas, PB&J's, granola, etc.) and you might catch us on a cook-out night. We're also doing mail drops, pack storage and free fuel refills.
We're stocking as much technical gear for thru-hikers as we can - from Brasslite alcohol stoves to Western Mountaineering bags. If you see that we're missing anything, help out the next class and suggest it - we'll get it.

Thanks Everyone!
Outdoor 76

Spokes
10-07-2010, 09:16
Great! Can't wait to check you guys out.

Do you sell Tyvek by the foot or in standard groundcloth dimensions? That'd be a kind of cool.

4eyedbuzzard
10-07-2010, 09:52
Congrats on opening your business!

LIhikers
10-07-2010, 15:31
Good luck, I hope our new economy is good to you.
If my wife and I ever finish hiking the northern half of the trail, by short sections, we'll stop in when we get to your neck of the woods.

Outdoor76
10-08-2010, 08:33
Spokes ...yes we will have groundcloth options.

And thanks to the rest! Its only been a week, but its been great out of the gate. The buzz in Franklin is big, but we still have a lot of word to get out too. Talked to David Miller yesterday re: the AT Guide update and ATC actually came to visit us on Saturday - so come 2011 we'll be in all the updates and hopefully a stop that Nobo's look for.

Keep dropping suggestions on us too

Take Care!

StorminMormon
10-08-2010, 09:01
Awesome! Can't wait to stop in next time I'm up that way. I'll be sure to spread the word.

Red Hat
10-08-2010, 09:35
Are you planning anything special for Ronnies Christmas Bash the first weekend of December?

Outdoor76
10-09-2010, 22:37
Are you planning anything special for Ronnies Christmas Bash the first weekend of December?

We'll be working close with Ronnie :)