PDA

View Full Version : Scot Ward to present the MST at ALDHA Gathering

Taba
10-08-2010, 22:47
On Saturday Oct. 16th in the Rahall Building room 318. Presentation begins at 10:30 am and will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Come out and let me share this journey with you. I have thru-hiked the MST 3 times in 2 years and wrote 2 Thru-Hiker's Manuals for the trail. One for each direction. The Manuals have been getting great reviews from thru-hikers who are out there right now using the book. The MST truly can be one of the great long trails in America. More people need to know about this adventure.

This was posted on my Facebook wall on Wed. at 4:45 pm by a hiker using the Manual:

Taba, I'm in Boone, and I'm loving the MST so far man, and your guidebook has been a real big help! I'm taking notes along the way. There have been a couple instances where left and right are opposite of how they should be going east-bound. And I'm surprised you left out Marion from your resupply points. There's a great shopping center with nearly everything a thru-hiker needs only about 6 miles off the trail south on 221 from Woodlawn Park.
I'm extremely impressed with the detail you put into the book, and it helps a lot for finding water and camps! Thank you!!

Tennessee Viking
10-09-2010, 15:49
Just opened 25 miles up around Watauga and Ashe counties. Then possibility of open a bunch around Falls Lake.