PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the "Zelph" stoves on BPLITE.com

rodonne1
10-09-2010, 02:46
Does anyone know anything about the 5 different stoves on BPLITE.com? I want to order one or two but don't know the pros and cons to each one. Is there a way I can get in touch with the guy that's actually making them? Any thoughts and advice or experiences are appriciated, Thanks guys! -Robbie

4eyedbuzzard
10-09-2010, 09:16
Send a PM to zelph - he's a member here on WB.
I've got one of his starlyte stoves and it works great, but I can't honestly compare it to other alky stoves as it's the only one I have.

yaduck9
10-09-2010, 10:08
Have a fancyfeast stove. Works very well. Good quality, simple, tough. No pot stand needed.

Spokes
10-09-2010, 10:19
Empty cat food can, stainless steel outer band from a small drain hub connector, and some fiberglass repair cloth....

VOILA!

Instant alchy stove!

Wags
10-09-2010, 23:24
i'm pretty sure zelph is out on a hike. if you're not in a hurry, just pm him here and hang tight until he gets back. i don't know if i've ever heard anything bad about any of his stoves. i use a fanciefeast and love the simplicity of it

mkmangold
10-10-2010, 00:22
I have the FanceeFeast, Starlyte, and Mangold Mamba (if he calls it that anymore). The Starlyte nests into both of the others and so I carry one for me and one for my partner. Here's my order of preference, taking into consideration weight, ease of use, and efficiency: Mangold Mamba (sturdiest, easiest to use, heaviest, yet most efficient in my experiences); Starlyte (lightest, easy to use, fragile); and then FanceeFeast (sturdy, mid-weight, least efficient).
My recommendation: buy one Starlyte and one Mamba.

mweinstone
10-10-2010, 09:41
zelph is a stove god. never doubt me again. vammosh!

topshelf
10-10-2010, 10:03
I have the FanceeFeast, Starlyte, and Mangold Mamba (if he calls it that anymore). The Starlyte nests into both of the others and so I carry one for me and one for my partner. Here's my order of preference, taking into consideration weight, ease of use, and efficiency: Mangold Mamba (sturdiest, easiest to use, heaviest, yet most efficient in my experiences); Starlyte (lightest, easy to use, fragile); and then FanceeFeast (sturdy, mid-weight, least efficient).
My recommendation: buy one Starlyte and one Mamba.

Can you check and see which stove the mangold mamba compares to? I know I haven't seen that name anywhere

topshelf
10-10-2010, 12:04
I found on an old post that the new venom super stove is the new name for the mangold mamba. Is that correct?

mkmangold
10-10-2010, 22:54
I found on an old post that the new venom super stove is the new name for the mangold mamba. Is that correct?

I fear so.

brooklynkayak
10-13-2010, 21:45
I have nothing but good to say for Zeph's stoves. I had some experiences that would have failed with other stoves.
He designes his stoves for extremes.

deadhorsejoe
10-13-2010, 22:22
I have 3 of his stoves - super stove, mamba and cobalt blue solo. All are great little stoves. If I could only have one I would pick the mamba because of the reasons listed above in other posts. He also makes great wind screens.

brooklynkayak
10-14-2010, 05:52
I have a Zelph Super Stove.
A couple weeks ago my pot, screen and stove got knocked over by a freak occurance. The stove continued burning but did not spill a drop of alcohol. Wish I could say the same about my meal:)

The no-spill feature is very important. Forest fires have been started by alcohol stoves being knocked over.

mister krabs
10-14-2010, 08:54
I have several, his stoves are great and he puts alot of thought into them. He's a real designer and looks at things through engineer glasses. Key aspects of almost all of his stoves are that they are light, no spill, and have integrated pot stands so are all one piece. I am a fan of the combination of starlyte and fancee feast. I nest one in the other for travel and use starlyte for my heine pot and ff for my aluminum mug so I can have a hot beverage when I eat.

mweinstone
10-14-2010, 08:59
master zelph was born to a young sumarian couple in the arid desserts of mohabi eating lizerd brand chips and drinking knee hi liqified slim jim jam on wheat with butter. he aint no ordinary stove guy. hes a zen master of the foil folds. a budda of bending beercans. and a king of crimping. never doubt his wicking materials again! the stove gods are pleased with this one.

Megapixel
10-14-2010, 09:01
i have the fancee feast i can tell you from experience that zelph is indeed the guy u want to buy from. I had some issues, all operator error, with his stove and he went out of his way to try and solve the problem. The stove is awesome, and I would highly recommend it. I'll be using it on my 2011 thru. Just need to decide if i should buy a second model for comparison as well as backup.

mister krabs
10-14-2010, 09:17
Just need to decide if i should buy a second model for comparison as well as backup.

Get the starlyte and nest it in the fancee feast.

zelph
10-29-2010, 09:32
Hello everyone, thank you for all the positive comments on my stove designs. I have been a busy big beaver out and about doing camping, rv'ing and goofing off enjoying the outdoors before it gets too cold. Last night it dipped down to 20 degrees here in Northern Illinois and that froze the pumkins in my neck o the woods. I've been experimenting with wood burning stoves now that the wood burning season is upon us. I'll post the final version of a folding pocket stove.

I will send a PM to rodonne1 and answer all questions.

It's amazing how mweinstone composes his comments:banana He's the Master with words and a great friend. I have his signed hand print that is a true work of art that supersedes all the great works of Rembrandt. Worth Millions, he's truly a Master:banana

Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

Dan

brooklynkayak
10-31-2010, 20:14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelph

Bags4266
10-31-2010, 20:26
I have made many, but none compare to the quality of workmanship which goes into one of his stove's. Truly a work of art!