PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle advice Unicoi Gap / NOC

V Eight
10-10-2010, 21:14
On Friday 10 -15 I will be going out for another section. :banana

I want to start at Unicoi Gap Sat 10-16 around 8/9am. My current plan is to make it to the NOC by late afternoon Sat 10-23, with coming out at Standing Indian campground as an alt. route if I daydream to much or the weather goes bad for to long.

Anyway, I知 not sure where I want to park. I can get a shuttle to Unicoi from Hiawassee, and hike north to the NOC, and have a long shuttle back or park at Franklin or maybe somewhere near the NOC and shuttle back down to Unicoi.

I知 coming from near Charlotte, NC so either option is fine with me. Any ideas on a ballpark cost for the long shuttle? Which way would you shuttle? Recommendations
on a shuttle south from NOC/ Franklin would also be greatly appreciated.

bulldog49
10-11-2010, 11:54
On Friday 10 -15 I will be going out for another section. :banana

I want to start at Unicoi Gap Sat 10-16 around 8/9am. My current plan is to make it to the NOC by late afternoon Sat 10-23, with coming out at Standing Indian campground as an alt. route if I daydream to much or the weather goes bad for to long.

Anyway, I知 not sure where I want to park. I can get a shuttle to Unicoi from Hiawassee, and hike north to the NOC, and have a long shuttle back or park at Franklin or maybe somewhere near the NOC and shuttle back down to Unicoi.

I知 coming from near Charlotte, NC so either option is fine with me. Any ideas on a ballpark cost for the long shuttle? Which way would you shuttle? Recommendations
on a shuttle south from NOC/ Franklin would also be greatly appreciated.

I always hike to my car, never from it. I'd drop the car at the NOC, shuttle to UNICOI and walk back to your car.

These folks can pick you up at the NOC.

http://www.thehikeinn.netfirms.com/

MkBibble
10-11-2010, 12:49
Alternately, you can also call Joyce or Sally at 706-896-9339. Great ladies; they have shuttled me from Unicoi and Standing Indian Campground.

V Eight
10-11-2010, 19:58
I got a plan worked out today.
Going with Joyce & Sally again.

Thanks everyone!