PDA

View Full Version : Don't need anything

Panzer1
10-11-2010, 03:41
My birthday is coming up and I am trying to find something to buy myself. I I was surfing the EMS and REI web sites to find something. Problem is I don't really need anything for backpacking. I already have everything.

So what do you think if I get myself one of those portable electric bear fence to put around my tent. Would other hikers mind if I set a portable electric bear fence up in front of a shelter?

Panzer:D

double d
10-11-2010, 06:51
My birthday is coming up and I am trying to find something to buy myself. I I was surfing the EMS and REI web sites to find something. Problem is I don't really need anything for backpacking. I already have everything.

So what do you think if I get myself one of those portable electric bear fence to put around my tent. Would other hikers mind if I set a portable electric bear fence up in front of a shelter?

Congrats on your upcoming birthday Panzer! As a gift to yourself, why not go old school and buy yourself some razor wire and forget the portable electric bear fence!

Marta
10-11-2010, 06:54
If you put an electric fence around your tent, be very careful when you get up in the "wee" hours of the morning...

Lone Wolf
10-11-2010, 06:54
get you a Penthouse subscription

TOW
10-11-2010, 07:33
get you a sling shot........

Trailbender
10-11-2010, 08:15

I stopped giving and receiving gifts years ago. I haven't Christmas shopped or birthday shopped in probably 13 years. I told people not to get me anything either.

4eyedbuzzard
10-11-2010, 08:29
Electric fencing just doesn't provide enough security - I'd go with these for the ultimate backpacking NDP.

http://gmasini.com/_wizardimages/CLAYMORE%20M18a1%20mine.jpg

Sierra Echo
10-11-2010, 08:41
My birthday was yesterday and I got a $25 gift certificate to REI.
I guess I will have to stop by there today and force myself to spend it! LOL

Jonnycat
10-11-2010, 08:59
My birthday is coming up and I am trying to find something to buy myself.

You can always use a fresh set of socks.

kayak karl
10-11-2010, 09:01
mine was 10/3. ordered a cuben hammock tarp from z-pack.
i just told the kids SOCKS. you can't have too many smartwool socks:)

OH!

http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/32550/normal_CAKE_camping.JPG

Torch09
10-11-2010, 11:11
I didn't know REI had a bakery...

Doc Mike
10-11-2010, 13:18
slingshot with laser site they are the bomb and would probably annoy the bears.

doc Mike

Panzer1
10-11-2010, 14:55
mine was 10/3. ordered a cuben hammock tarp from z-pack.
i just told the kids SOCKS. you can't have too many smartwool socks:)

OH!

http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/32550/normal_CAKE_camping.JPG

Hay KK, that's the coolest birthday cake for a hiker. Congrats on your birthday.

Panzer

Bare Bear
10-11-2010, 15:32
Electric Bear fence, what you got against Bears? Happy Birthday.

sbhikes
10-11-2010, 15:34
If you don't need anything, why don't you buy some goats or bees for some poor people at Heifer International. Or give yourself the gift of a clean closet and get rid of a bunch of crap. Sell it and make some money or donate it or just get rid of it.

ChinMusic
10-11-2010, 15:40
I can see pooping near the tree. But, who poops near their tent?

That is a cool cake......

Wise Old Owl
10-11-2010, 16:03
KK thats a great cake I sent the cool pic to my son who celebrated his 22nd.

The Bugs are Awesome

But the signature runs together and says "Happy Birthday",Village Idiot.....

Wise Old Owl
10-11-2010, 16:08
Panzer I am going to lend you a trick, as you come across cool things that you "Think" you need thoughout the year. Print the url and item on the internet with the price on a piece of paper... When you get close to your birthday you pull the "File" and weed it out, .....then pass it to the wife.:banana

bus
10-12-2010, 10:03
Just buy another tank!

canoehead
10-12-2010, 11:08
A rake & weed whacker for clearing your new site, yes the electric fence is a brilliant addition throw in a cot, fly-rod and tennis ball, fuel and your set. OH yeah a BILLBOARD too..

Pringles
10-12-2010, 13:28
You could take up kayaking. That always requires a new paddle, a new pair of paddling gloves, a different PFD... .

Neat cake.

4eyedbuzzard
10-12-2010, 14:47
You could take up kayaking. That always requires a new paddle, a new pair of paddling gloves, a different PFD... .

Neat cake.
Yeah, but if his SO is anything like mine, when the wife sees the CC bill then he'd truly be up $#!t's creek even if he bought the paddle too. :D

Graywolf
10-12-2010, 15:32
Why buy anything?? Take what you have and go for a hike.. Thats a cool gift if you ask me..

Kerosene
10-12-2010, 15:40
Panzer I am going to lend you a trick, as you come across cool things that you "Think" you need thoughout the year. Print the url and item on the internet with the price on a piece of paper... When you get close to your birthday you pull the "File" and weed it out, .....then pass it to the wife.You're showing your age, WOW. Why not simply bookmark each site to a "Wish List" folder and include the price of the item??!

excuses
10-12-2010, 20:02
The solar panels and batteries would be heavy for the fence.

Wise Old Owl
10-12-2010, 20:37
You're showing your age, WOW. Why not simply bookmark each site to a "Wish List" folder and include the price of the item??!

Ha Ha, Too Easy, I discovered that Amazon floats price up and down, fluctuating as much as $35 on "premium" items such as a Oregon 400t or something.... Putting it to paper ...Easy!

and it's Woo not WOW.:D

Education is the best provision for the journey to old age.
- Aristotle