PDA

View Full Version : Last call on Xmas Ornaments!

fishinfred
12-07-2004, 13:33
Only Days left to help support the Hard Core Hikers and Bob - Pat Peoples!!

I've just relisted these for the last time on ebay(before the offer expires) as I will be sending the Card with monies and other stuff I've put together on Dec. 15th, if you would like to help out and be a part of this offer please do so today and get a Beautiful Hanging Xmas Ornament(PLUS STICKERS) while supporting a great cause at the same time!!!
You can also get these direct from me by going to my website http://Fishinfreds.com or if you prefer to Ebay it go here now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5941461305&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Here is what they look like ....Hiker on one side and the AT on the other

http://fredor111.tripod.com/3d6ea180.jpg

Be sure to check out my other "Hiker Stuff" eithor on the website or on Ebay for great "Hiker Xmas Gifts" for your friends & Family
Thanks again to all of you !!!
Happy Holidays and Happy Trails!!!!!!
Fishinfred

Tha Wookie
12-07-2004, 14:00
Wow, those look great! Handmade gifts are THE BEST!

I was a little worried about where the wood originated, but I found this notice practically buried on his site:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Items seen on this page are made from "Recycled </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Redwood" from old barnwood , torn down play structures,etc. , if you know where I can find more please let me know ...don't let this beautiful wood go to waste!

Fred, just a suggestion, but you might might want to make that more visible, since many hikers would cringe at supporting redwood timber harvesting. Perhaps you could just insert "salvaged" every time you say redwood so it reads: "salvaged redwood"
Just an idea. Good luck, my order is coming!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Footslogger
12-07-2004, 14:14
Fred,

Sorry I missed your earlier post. Pretty hard not to support Bob and Pat Peoples and besides I'm partial to handmade things.

Just went to your website but didn't see a specific way to place my order. Give me a shout off-line and let me know how to get that process rolling.

'Slogger
AT 2003

fishinfred
12-07-2004, 19:40
Thanks for your support in this "Everyone" ,I have updated my website to hopefully make it easier for anyone else to purchase with a link to paypal but if you need to mail a check just email me and I will send you the address and info .
ALSO YES THESE ARE ALL MADE FROM RECYCLED REDWOOD THAT CAME FROM SOME TORN DOWN PLAYSTRUCTURES AT THE CITY I USED TO WORK FOR (NICE BEAMS that were going to be just thrown out and wasted), I've also blown up that part to be more visible now ,Thanks for the advice !!!!!
FF

orangebug
12-07-2004, 20:52
One slight problem. There are so many things underlined, but none of them appear to be a link to an order page. Similarly, the photos don't seem to link to an order page.

How the heck do I make an order?

:confused:

MisterSweetie
12-07-2004, 22:17
One slight problem. There are so many things underlined, but none of them appear to be a link to an order page. Similarly, the photos don't seem to link to an order page.

How the heck do I make an order?

:confused:
Haha, I thought the same thing. I see underlined text and I automatically want to click it. :D

Also, I think I will be placing an order soon. Probably next day, but right now I have a paper to write. :( Too bad I'm :confused:

But yes, order forthcoming.

fishinfred
12-07-2004, 23:05
Sorry guys ......I actually need to re-do this webpage... but if you go to the bottom of the page there is a LINK TO PAYPAL and my email address is there too for those who wish to mail a payment just email me and I will send you the address.
Thanks again !!!!
FF

fishinfred
12-08-2004, 11:45
I used to have this on my website but I took it off because people seemed to think they were going to get some rotting Redwood....I still take it with me to some of the wood carver shows and now its back on top of the Hiker page :)
ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT TO GET THESE BEFORE XMAS!!!!!!!
The card for Bob and Pat is actually starting to get some names on it !
Thanks again!!!
FF
:banana

http://fredor111.tripod.com/3e352c30.jpg

MisterSweetie
12-08-2004, 12:19
Also, it's tough to tell what size some of the items are. I don't know speicifically how it could be done better... maybe taking a picture of all the items together, with a letter under the item referencing what that item is. That would give size comparison to all the items, and make it easy to pick out which a buyer wanted. Maybe that'd be too much trouble...

Me for example, I'd want one that's small and thin, but one with a white blaze, one with the AT symbol, and one with the hiker. Maybe bigger than the 3/4, but I don't think I saw a 1 3/4 that has the hiker. Or I could be just confused.

Anyway, yeah, I'll get into it all and try to figure out what to order.

fishinfred
12-08-2004, 18:57
All you have to do is ask .....I'll make whatever you want and answer all your questions ...feel free to email me anytime .
FF

fishinfred
12-09-2004, 19:11
So far 11 have responded to this offer....Please join in and get your name on this card for Bob and Pat and get a Beautiful Xmas Ornament PLUS a few FREE STICKERS TOO....only six days left !
Thanks again all!!!
FF:banana

fishinfred
12-10-2004, 20:47
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT BEFORE I MAIL OUT THE CARD!!!

PLEASE GET ON THE LIST SOON!!

THANKS
FF
:clap

MisterSweetie
12-11-2004, 03:48
just made my order official. :cool:

fishinfred
12-12-2004, 11:11
Only a few days left to get your name on the card for Bob and Pat,if you want to get one of these Xmas Ornaments and contribute to this offer please do so in the next 2 days .A bunch were ordered in the last couple days that will be shipped out tomorrow and I have a few left ,if you need a few days to get your $$ together and still would like to get on this offer before I send the card just email me and we can work something out .
Thanks much all of you who have purchased and contributed so far....I hope you enjoy the Ornaments and have a great Holiday!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
12-13-2004, 12:00
I still have a few left and have just made some NEW Personalized Xmas Ornaments you can now see on the webpage ....check them out along with all the other "STUFF" .Thanks for the great response!!! Now if only some of the Pendants for Whiteblaze would sell....I can send AT TROLL a nice check for xmas too....
Happy Holidays!!!
Fishinfred
:clap

fishinfred
12-13-2004, 19:39
I just noticed the Ebay listing will end in 17 hrs ...if you want to get these on ebay better go for it ...I will still be taking orders off my website until wed nite then I will be sending the card and donations on thursday morning...I think Bob and Pat are really going to be pleased :) !!! Thank you everyone who helped out with this and I hope you all enjoy the Xmas Ornaments for many years to come ......still have a few left if you've been thinking about getting one do so now so I can add you to the card.!!
Thanks again
Fishinfred

fishinfred
12-14-2004, 13:27
This is the last day for the Xmas ornaments Donation offer for the "Peoples and the Hard Core Hikers",The ebay offer has expired but you can still get them thru the website until tomorrow night and I will put you on the card as supporting this offer ,the card ships thursday morning and I still have 8 left so if you've been thinking of joining in please do so right now ! Thanks MUCH!!!
Fishinfred
PS
I've just listed these last 8 on Ebay without the donation offer but if you get yours before tomorrow night the donation will be applied ....Thanks again!!!
Heres the new link to Ebay it!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5943653237&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

fishinfred
12-15-2004, 20:22
Thanks to all that contributed and purchased the Xmas Ornaments ,I will be shipping the package of "Stuff" with everyones name and monies donated to Bob and Pat Peoples tomorrow morning !!! I'm sure they will be suprised because of the great response from you all!
If anyone else wants to get in on this gift package for them and get a neat Xmas Ornament at the same time I still have a few left ,but you must get one tonight to get on the card so ya better hurry and DO IT! I'll post a picture of all the stuff thats being sent ....Lots of stickers,Pendants and Xmas ornament,plus the card with everyones name /Trail names.Im greatful to you all and sure that they will be too!!!
Thanks again and have the Best Holiday!!!!
Fishinfred
:banana :clap