PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardwear Sprite 1 Tent

Rowdy Yates
10-14-2010, 10:27
I have this tent and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it. I would appreciate the pros and cons of your experience. :-?

Rowdy Yates
10-15-2010, 08:52
I have this tent and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it. I would appreciate the pros and cons of your experience. :-?

:confused: Well, guess no one has this tent. I have used mine once and liked the room and the fact that the fly could be set up before the inner tent ( helps in a down pouring rain). What I don't like is that it is a little heavier than my SMD Solo. Just thought that I would toss in my thoughts.

mykl
10-15-2010, 12:15
I've looked at that tent, the inside seams narrow and don't know/think it will accommodate a 25" pad well. Looks like a cool tent though, I like the design.

chris948
10-15-2010, 14:32
It's cool, really really standard design. I guess you get what you pay for, it's not super light but it's not really expensive.

Only thing I can think of is it is no free standing, not a big deal in TN but keep that in mind if you plan trips to places where you need a tent stake alternative.

John Klein
10-15-2010, 23:44
:confused: Well, guess no one has this tent. I have used mine once and liked the room and the fact that the fly could be set up before the inner tent ( helps in a down pouring rain). What I don't like is that it is a little heavier than my SMD Solo. Just thought that I would toss in my thoughts.
Do you need a footprint in order to set up the fly before the inner tent?

Rowdy Yates
10-16-2010, 07:23
Do you need a footprint in order to set up the fly before the inner tent?

Yes. I used Tyvek. Have tried to find a footprint for this tent but with no luck.

mykl
10-16-2010, 10:00
Yes. I used Tyvek. Have tried to find a footprint for this tent but with no luck.
If you're looking for the MH fitted footprint....

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___27716

Rowdy Yates
10-16-2010, 10:45
If you're looking for the MH fitted footprint....

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___27716

THANKS Mykl! :)

John Klein
10-16-2010, 22:00
Thanks. What I meant: when it rains, is it necessary to first erect the rainfly on the tent poles attached to the grommets in the footprint (fastpack style) in order to be able to then attach the canopy under the shelter of the rainfly and stay dry? I have the Sprite with the footprint. I tried to do it thataway once on a rainy, 30 degree night in GA. I couldn't keep it dry under the rainfly so I stayed in the shelter 10 feet away instead and cursed at the mouse all night. Guess I should have practiced in my backyard first.