PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Pennsylvania

Storm
10-17-2010, 22:07
Finshed the last leg of the LHHT from RT 271 to Rt 56 today. This was my fouth trip to Pa. this summer. From Ohiopyle to Johnstown everyone I met was friendly and helpfull. Thanks to everyone, you can sure be proud of your state. :sun

camojack
10-18-2010, 00:07
Finshed the last leg of the LHHT from RT 271 to Rt 56 today. This was my fouth trip to Pa. this summer. From Ohiopyle to Johnstown everyone I met was friendly and helpfull. Thanks to everyone, you can sure be proud of your state. :sun
Yellow blazer! ;)

Helios
10-18-2010, 02:30
That is a beautiful trail! Glad you made the time to enjoy it!

10-K
10-18-2010, 08:40
The niceness of people in PA stood out to me too...

Limo
10-18-2010, 18:33
On behalf of the Commonwealth (not that anyone asked me to speak for them), you are most welcome. Come back soon!

Penn-J
10-18-2010, 18:34
I love the trails in Pennsylvania here! The AT in PA gets a bad rap from all the rocks but we got a great trail system! www.kta-hike.org (http://www.kta-hike.org)
The people out on the trails are super friendly, just don't go to an Eagles game in the visiting teams jersey!:D

scottminot
10-18-2010, 20:19
Thru-hiked the LHHT two weeks ago for my fourth time. Had some bad weather but still enjoyed it.
I plan on doing it again next year.

Chop
10-18-2010, 22:50
The lhht looks interesting. I am making a trip through PA this post has spawned my interest in stopping

For those that live near the area or know, what kinds of low temps can one expect in early November?

Any place to park and leave a car that is fairly secure? I will have a laptop and other items in the car that I cannot take with me on the trail.

Storm
10-18-2010, 22:52
To Chop

If you park at the Ohiopyle end of the trail there is fenced parking near the trail head. Have no idea of what they charge.

scottminot
10-19-2010, 11:44
The lhht looks interesting. I am making a trip through PA this post has spawned my interest in stopping

For those that live near the area or know, what kinds of low temps can one expect in early November?

Any place to park and leave a car that is fairly secure? I will have a laptop and other items in the car that I cannot take with me on the trail.

I hiked the trail during early November of 2007 and lows dipped into the 20's. I think average lows are mid 30's.
The most secure place to park is Ohiopyle. Like mentioned, there's a fenced in area that you have to make arrangements to use.

Chop
10-19-2010, 22:44
I hiked the trail during early November of 2007 and lows dipped into the 20's. I think average lows are mid 30's.
The most secure place to park is Ohiopyle. Like mentioned, there's a fenced in area that you have to make arrangements to use.

Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated!

mweinstone
10-19-2010, 22:51
this thread is so cheerful i need to puke. folks? get a topic. dont just post thanks to pa. thats weird and makes me scared. im really fearfull that you have all lost your minds. are you so weird you thank states? can we talk about your hike? or must we feel your joy on trust. cause i dont even belive you ever been to pa. not kidding. not trolling. this is how matthewski feels.

emerald
10-19-2010, 23:26
I'm with you on this one. Something's up. Not sure what, but it's some sort of conspiracy.

Maybe they're no longer content to come here, hike our trails and leave their money behind. Could be they're plotting to take our trails and move them elsewhere.

Someone call DCNR, now, before it's too late.

Storm
10-20-2010, 01:23
Hey Mathewski, no one really cares what you think.

lava
10-20-2010, 10:01

Chop - I did the LHHT in the beginning of this month and parked on the Seward end of the trail. My car was still there and secure a week later. I made sure when i reserved my shelter areas that I provided info on my car and where it would be parked to the Laurel Ridge State park people (you can reserve online or call).

When I finished, I met a really nice man in his 70's who walks in that parking lot every day. He said the police were there one day wondering if my car was a stolen car and he told them "It's probably just a hiker." So, that nice man is keeping an eye on the parking lot and clearly so are the police. Though I am not sure how well the police are communicating with the park since the park had my info.

That said, it's a really beautiful trail and I encourage you to do any part of it.

BAG "o" TRICKS
10-20-2010, 10:08
I'm with you on this one. Something's up. Not sure what, but it's some sort of conspiracy.

Maybe they're no longer content to come here, hike our trails and leave their money behind. Could be they're plotting to take our trails and move them elsewhere.

Someone call DCNR, now, before it's too late.

Nah, that'd be too many rocks to move. Could we give them Matty instead of our trails???

mweinstone
10-20-2010, 11:30
storm. i as well care not for the thaughts i have. hence tequeilla.