PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to attach a MSR Miniworks to the tube on Camelback to fill up.

rodonne1
10-18-2010, 21:34
I have a 3 liter Camelback Omega reservoir, does anyone have any suggestions on how to filter water straight from the Miniworks and into the drinking tube on the Camelback. The Camelback has the on/off switch and the quick disconnect for the mouth piece. Thanks in advance!

Iceaxe
10-18-2010, 22:42
I don't know if this is going to be helpful.
I used the MSR Sweetwater and a Platypus bladder on my thru's. It was a simple matter to pull the bite valve off the end of the Platy and connect it to the Sweetwater. I would then pump away, filling my Platy bladder while it was still inside my pack. Push the bite valve back on, stow the filter, and away I would go.
I also would pull the bite valve off while hiking sometimes to fill my 1 liter soda bottle to make crystal lite on the Go.
I have heard that the Omega resevoir has a different size tubing. Or perhaps it was the mini works.
Anyhow I know the Sweet water and Platy combo works.
Could you use a small section of surgucal tubing to make an adaptor?

Don H
10-19-2010, 07:41
Maybe a quick disconnect on a hose from the filter that can connect to the Camelback? Disconnect the mouth piece and connect the filter.

Liv2Ride
10-19-2010, 08:52
http://www.rei.com/product/695526

For the miniworks just take off the bottom like you normally would do. On the bottom of the ceramic filter you will see a outlet nipple. Take a length of silicone tubing that fits snugly on the outlet nipple. If you don't have any tubing lying around just cut some off of the dirty water tubing since there is more than enough and it's the right diameter. Be sure to clean the tubing if you do use the section of the dirty tube. You don't need much hose because you will be connecting that hose to your your camelbak hose.

The link above is a kit that you can buy that allows you to disconnect the mouthpiece from the camelbak and the other piece you would use to connect the hose coming from the miniworks to the quick disconnect fitting on the camelbak hose. Just remember to turn the on/off lever on the camelbak fitting to ON.

I use the quick disconnect kit to filter water into my camelbak and it works flawlessly. I've used the system on my Miniworks and now I use it on my homemade gravity filter and my semi homemade in-line pump filter.

Foxtrot
10-19-2010, 12:15
I have the same gear and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking the question.

rodonne1
10-19-2010, 13:13
Sweet, thanks for the help! I'm gonna pick one of those assorted up.