PDA

View Full Version : Vargo Alcohol stove

Sh33p
12-08-2004, 19:36
Anyone used the vargo titanium stove? What pots did you use with it? Would making a pepsi can stove be better?

grrickar
12-08-2004, 21:12
I do not own either, but I would guess that the Vargo is more durable and will last longer, but the homemade Pepsi can stove of course is cheaper provided you already have the materials needed to make one.

If I were going to buy an alcohol stove I would go with a Vargo, else I would try my hand at making my own soda can stove.

SGT Rock
12-08-2004, 23:45
I played around with a Vargo at Trail Days and then at Kincora. I wouldn'twaste money on them. They are hard to fill, leak,and I don't like the legs. I would make my own first. The Vargo is basically a pressurized soda can stove design made out of titanium with some fancy legs.

verber
12-09-2004, 01:17
Anyone used the vargo titanium stove? What pots did you use with it? Would making a pepsi can stove be better?

I have used the vargo and didn't like it. It was a pain to fill (really easy to spill), easy to over heat which results it serious flame ups, and would leak if slightly tipped. I liked the legs / pot stand and the durability... but I am back to a home made stove. One of these days I will get around to trying a Brasslite... I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

--mark