PDA

View Full Version : Erwin Trip

Passion Hiker 73
10-19-2010, 19:43
What seems be the better direction to go from Erwin for a 5-6 day trip as far a good water on the trail? I might start this Saturday. This is a last minute trip. I might hold off until March if water is really bad. Thanks PH73

Morning Glory
10-19-2010, 21:55
What seems be the better direction to go from Erwin for a 5-6 day trip as far a good water on the trail? I might start this Saturday. This is a last minute trip. I might hold off until March if water is really bad. Thanks PH73

Water may be a little slow, but I think you'll be fine in either direction.

SmokyMtn Hiker
10-19-2010, 22:13
SOBO to Hot Springs, NC lots of good views this time of year, less haze and the leaf color should be about peak there.

Morning Glory
10-19-2010, 22:26
SOBO to Hot Springs, NC lots of good views this time of year, less haze and the leaf color should be about peak there.

yeah, but going the other way you've got the Roan balds....could maybe get to Kincora in 5-6 days.

Tennessee Viking
10-19-2010, 23:00
Which way to go...hmmm

I would have to say South of Erwin might be dryer. Going north bound you probably won't have too much worry about water until climbing up Pond Mtn to Pond Flats. You might have some small sources on the ridgeline after the lake.