PDA

View Full Version : week-long loop in NE?

amac
10-28-2010, 05:34
I'm looking for an area that I can put together a 1 week-long loop backpacking trip somewhere in New England, but not in WMNF. Am trying to get off the beaten path. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mr. Clean
10-28-2010, 09:14
Not too many large loops other than the Whites. The Katahdin area has a few large loops that can be done, but I can't think of any others. off the top of my head.
There are some remote trails north of the Whites, west of Berlin, NH that can be fun. Kilkenney Ridge towards mt. Cabot, and there is also the Coos trail which runs the length of NH.

rdljr
10-28-2010, 13:25
check out http://forum.hike-nh.com/viewforum.php?f=4 I'm sure they can come up with a bunch of loop trips. Be warned the snow and ice are here in the north most likely to stay till next spring.
Rdl

amac
10-29-2010, 06:17
The "loop" I'm thinking of doesn't have to be one big circle. I want to avoid retracing my steps. I'm doing early planning for a trip next Summer. The Whites and Baxter both have a network of trails from which I can put something together. Are there any other areas that have something of a network?

Feral Bill
10-30-2010, 00:22
There's always the Adirondacks. Also the Catskills, and even Harriman State Park (more a meander than loop). It's not New England, but close.