PDA

View Full Version : Some More Backyard Camping Gear Reviews

STICK
10-30-2010, 17:21
So, last night the temperatures dropped to freezing and the skies were clear. It was the perfect night to get outdoors, but I was on call. So, I couldn't really go anywhere snazzy... Instead I pitched the tarp in my yard at home and made the best of the night. Of course I got to enjoy a beautiful night outdoors, but I also got to try out some of my gear in colder weather. Anyway, as usual I posted some more of my thoughts on my gear (such as the NeoAir, Marmot Helium, my tarp and a Buff) on my website. Here is the link to read about them if you are interested.

http://stick13.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/some-more-backyard-camping-gear-reviews/

Thanks for checking it out. Comments are welcome... :)

Mountain Wildman
10-30-2010, 18:02
"I did not carry my sleeping gear out until I went to bed so that the local kitty cat wouldn’t come by and paw my NeoAir"

You are too funny!!!

The Kitty just wants to show you some love.

Tinker
10-30-2010, 20:24
When you do decide that you need that foam pad to help keep you warm, use it on top of the NeoAir. I do the same with my Big Agnes. It's much more efficient than underneath (however underneath it makes a good prector against punctures).

STICK
10-31-2010, 18:25
Mountain Wildman, the first time that I set up my tarp I took my NeoAir and my quilt outside and laid them out after setting up the tarp. Then after I came back in for a little while I remembered about the cat, and the claws... I was hoping that it didn't make it's way on my bed and stick those little claws into it... So if I set up my tarp now I don't carry the rest outside until I am ready to stay out there.

Tinker, I will have to see what works for me. I have read this about having the ccf on top to be more thermal efficient, but I will have to see if the NeoAir is still as comfy... I have read where others even said that they couldn't really tell a difference with one or the other on top, but I will be sure to see which works for me. Thanks for the advice though.

johnnybgood
10-31-2010, 19:05
I do the same with my Big Agnes. It's much more efficient than underneath
I have used a closed cell foam on top of my Big Agnes for this reason but it also helps in reducing the slipperiness of the BA pad.