PDA

View Full Version : New Balance 876

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 12:01
anyone have any experience with the 876's? My Merrils are hurting my feet and need a new pair of trail runners. Backpacking light gave them favorable reviews but was wondering if anyone here uses them.

Doc Mike
11-03-2010, 12:55
I haven't had the 876's but Try the new balance 806 at cabelas were on sale at $59
I love mine

Doc Mike

flemdawg1
11-03-2010, 16:20
Been using some NB 749, very comfy.
If you like NB trailrunners check out Joe's New Balance Outlet (http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/)

StubbleJumper
11-03-2010, 17:32
I've used New Balance and I've used Montrails. The New Balance are nice because you can get them sized in widths which I like for hiking (I like a quadruple E when I hike), and you can buy them pretty much anywhere. The past two years I've worn Montrails and found that the sole is a little firmer which protects the bottom of my feet a great deal better from the punishment doled out by rocks and roots. I still love the New Balance for walking around town, but they just seem to be a little soft for the rigors of New England trails.

Phreak
11-03-2010, 19:53
I switched over to the 876s about 6 weeks ago and I love 'em! Best trail runners I've worn so far. I've logged roughly 550 miles of trail running and they still look new and have very little wear on the treads.

You can get them at runningwarehouse.com for $69.95 including 2-day shipping.

pistol p
11-03-2010, 22:27
I LOVE these shoes. I have been using NB trail runners for years and these are by far the best ones yet. Great support, plenty of room up front, and the insoles are quite comfortable. I normally use Superfeet, but these work great. I sure hope they don't change this shoe, it rocks. :banana