PDA

View Full Version : Long Branch Trail location...?

Point Man Chef
11-04-2010, 20:54
Okay. Just to make sure. My son and I are heading out next weekend to do a modified loop around the Standing Indian Campground. If I am facing the Back Country Kiosk, is the Long Branch Trail behind me across the road and is it marked in any way? We're going to go up to the camp site I have seen here on WB just below Glassmine Gap. Next day, head up and go north to touch base at Wallace Gap and then turn back south and to Deep Gap. We'll take Kimsey Creek Trail back down to the car. We took that trail in the summer and it was really nice. We're doing Wallace in order to set us up for our summer hike to Fontana. Any thoughts, suggestions, or tips are welcome! Thanks!

SouthMark
11-04-2010, 22:10
Yes the Long Branch will be behind your left shoulder across the road. It was marked with a sign. Very nice walk. I am heading up there Nov 19-22.

Point Man Chef
11-05-2010, 07:03
Thanks SouthMark! After reading my trail guide and remembering the information my shuttle gave me this past summer, you are now my third source!!! Thanks again...

daddytwosticks
11-05-2010, 07:20
What SouthMark sez is correct. Believe it is prominently blue blazed also. :)

solobip
11-05-2010, 14:44
The campsite is before you start the climb up to Glassmine. The Blue Blazed Long Branch Trail is about 2 miles before Glassmine so the campsite should be about 1.8 miles in. If you pass a large campsite near the stream and beging climbing, You passed it.

Point Man Chef
11-05-2010, 17:01
Thanks! Again, I heard this was a nice campsite and we will be getting there late so the 1.8 mile is all we will do that first day. I don't want to miss it since others have said some good things about it. Sounds like a good base to start the weekend!