PDA

View Full Version : la sportiva wildcat

Tucky
11-05-2010, 00:47
Hey All,

I've been using these shoes for just under a year for running/hiking and like them a lot. They seem to have been holding up okay for mild use, and I will probably hike with this model on my thru next year. I was just wondering if anyone out there has used these for their thru hike and what they thought about them, how many pairs they went through, etc.

Thanks!

Dogwood
11-05-2010, 00:56
They are not for very wide feet! Cushioning throughout the sole is GREAT!

RichardD
11-05-2010, 16:33
I bought a pair this Summer, used them on several day hikes and a thru of the JMT. They were very comfortable. There was a lot of wear on the top surfaces after these hikes. The mesh has torn in two or three places on each shoe.
For the last two months I have used them for my excercise walking at home on concrete pathways (I guess about 250 miles) and that wore out the soles. Lugs have worn smooth but there is still black rubber underfoot. I will need new ones before I start the AT.
My best estimate is that I will need two pairs to complete the AT.
I found the grip on the soles was better with the LaSportivas than other shoes that I have used but the longevity not quite so good. Nikes fit me very well and they have been my shoe of choice. These LaSportivas did not last as well as Nikes.
I hope this helps.