PDA

View Full Version : Thru-hiker camera found---2009

The Flatulator
11-05-2010, 15:01
One of our MATC maintainers came across a camera--last year--that has a series of pictures that are related to a thru-hike. The camera was found at the Moscow rest area on Rt 201, which is near Caratunk. It was misplaced and only re-found recently. If anyone knows who this camera belongs to, please have them contact me at [email protected] to identify the camera and we will send back to the rightful owner....Thanks, Phil from Maine

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 16:51
A very good reason to always take a photo of your own name, address, phone number, email, and etc. and leave it in the camera. Most allow you to store photos in the camera's internal memory (not on the removable memory card), thus it'll always be with the camera if found.

Rain:sunMan

Tinker
11-05-2010, 21:51
A very good reason to always take a photo of your own name, address, phone number, email, and etc. and leave it in the camera. Most allow you to store photos in the camera's internal memory (not on the removable memory card), thus it'll always be with the camera if found.

Very good tip! Thanks.

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 11:32

No doubt, great friggin idea

Rain Man
11-09-2010, 20:26
No doubt, great friggin idea

Very good tip! Thanks.

I thought so, when I realized my camera had internal memory. Not sure what it's for, otherwise, frankly. And, you're very welcome!

Ghosthiker
11-14-2010, 08:52
Put it in the internal memory to ID the camera, but also on every SD card to ID that, too. It can be a small resolution pic to save memory

Rain Man
11-14-2010, 10:49
Put it in the internal memory to ID the camera, but also on every SD card to ID that, too. It can be a small resolution pic to save memory

Yes, another good idea! Thanks.