PDA

View Full Version : hungry?

mweinstone
11-07-2010, 12:52
i am. this week i hung around resturants and begged. i aint proud. just havent eaten anything of any consequence for a couple or three weeks. havent had any money or work for a while. wont renew my access card for free food cause its wrong. fridge is a white dwarf star so bright it blocks out incomming light.been looking at folks eating and handeling money with a drool. and all the while i feel stronger . thinner. better able to not complaine. less weinstoney. no booze. etc. my point is this. hunger may be the answer to alot of our problems. it lowers the bills when you dont cook and open the empty fridge. blubber rolls and their associated illnesses fade and shrink. without booze, the mind is alert and calm. with no work to get dirty about, clothes need less washing and less bathing is done. with no work its possible to catch up on sleep lost and still responsibly look for work. bottom lines in our lives become defined and not so scary. mine is that im at ease in the wilderness and own a shotgun to hunt. know how to trap and like that life. of course i prefer to llive and work in the city , its becoming less doable. so if everyone who is at the bottom of the barrel is haveing kind of a spiritual awakeining,......could this cause great things like weightloss and drug abstention?and is it possible our sociatys problems were caused buy our method of economy? maby this is the start of bartering and work for stay and the end of the man. comments?i happy and strong in my infermitys. you?

Luddite
11-08-2010, 13:17
You should get food stamps. Theres no reason to go hungry in this country.

Or is this thread just a joke? :-?

10-K
11-08-2010, 13:24
Join a communist country part time and socialize. You can get healthcare in any color you want as long as it's black and we'll pay you $8 a day to say you're Henry Ford's couzin and you knew him before laber unions started requiriing people to not have masters on sunday each week before church because the good lord said 'let there be bacon' which is a pigheaded response to pork barrel poliiticaol earmarks. It's george bushes fault obama had to quit so john mccain would let you eat out on tuesdays anymore.

Lugnut
11-08-2010, 13:55
You should get food stamps. Theres no reason to go hungry in this country.

Or is this thread just a joke? :-?

Matty never jokes around. :p

HiKen2011
11-08-2010, 13:57
I'm assuming since this isn't in the humor section that humor is not intended. That being said, I went from 80 grand a yr 2 living off income from 2 rental units I have, 18 grand a yr. After reducing my debt, and living a less consumerism lifestyle I really can't tell much difference. I don't spend money on eating lunch out everyday, new clothes and shoes and things I really don't need. I have always been a hunter and eat only wildgame anyway, wont eat meat from supermarket, steroids and God only knows what else!

I prefer the way I live now, more time 2 do things I enjoy, no stress at a job, feel more healthy too. And to the op, I don't know u but if ur hungry I would be more than happy 2 send u money 4 food. :)

Rocket Jones
11-08-2010, 14:27
Oh 10-k be careful w/ the political views. I posted on this thread with a mild, and I do mean mild political view on the original post and it was deleted.

I think 10-k was channelling his inner-Mattie. ;)

flemdawg1
11-08-2010, 14:36
I think 10-k was channelling his inner-Mattie. ;)

There's an Inner-Matty in all of us. Most just tell him to ****.

sbhikes
11-08-2010, 16:11
Actually, this is the most lucid thing I've read from matty here. I think he's absolutely right about the effect joblessness and hunger and lack of booze is having on him.

I also think he's right about how when life gets really simple, what's truly important gets much clearer. Didn't we all have a taste of what he described on our long hikes?

GracefulRoll
11-08-2010, 16:22
Did anyone else think of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

Luddite
11-08-2010, 16:41
Did anyone else think of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

I used to think he meant bear necessities...like it was great to be a bear

GracefulRoll
11-08-2010, 17:36
I used to think he meant bear necessities...like it was great to be a bear

I'm pretty sure it's amazing to be a bear.

fredmugs
11-09-2010, 08:34
Actually, this is the most lucid thing I've read from matty here. I think he's absolutely right about the effect joblessness and hunger and lack of booze is having on him.

I also think he's right about how when life gets really simple, what's truly important gets much clearer. Didn't we all have a taste of what he described on our long hikes?

Never thought I would see "Matty" and "lucid" in the same sentence. He should write a book (completely unedited) - it would be 100 times better than anything Bryson ever wrote.

chiefduffy
11-09-2010, 12:29
Fasting has always been a path to spirituality. Kinda sucks when its involuntary, tho...

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 12:48
Join a communist country part time and socialize. You can get healthcare in any color you want as long as it's black and we'll pay you $8 a day to say you're Henry Ford's couzin and you knew him before laber unions started requiriing people to not have masters on sunday each week before church because the good lord said 'let there be bacon' which is a pigheaded response to pork barrel poliiticaol earmarks. It's george bushes fault obama had to quit so john mccain would let you eat out on tuesdays anymore.
really 10-K?

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 12:48
Fasting has always been a path to spirituality. Kinda sucks when its involuntary, tho...
true dat. We did a cleanse a few weeks ago and it def helps along the spiritual path

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 12:56
Mattie, please PM me your current address, Im sending a care package. Also, Im heading your way just before Xmas and want to take you out to dinner. Miss you my brother:D

The Snowman
11-09-2010, 13:57
fasting is good for the sole just don't get carried away with it and it will bring you much inner peace and contement

Pony
11-09-2010, 17:26
fasting is good for the sole just don't get carried away with it and it will bring you much inner peace and contement

Maybe I'm out of the loop on this. Near the end of my hike this year, I was weak and concerned about my health due to weight loss. I spent the better part of my youth on a wrestling mat, and believe me I missed more than a few meals to make weight. It sucks being hungry, and other than the fact that I overcame some adversity to achieve a goal, I'm not sure where being hungry has ever brought me inner peace or contentment.

I would like to add that everybody should experience what it's like to be truly hungry at least once in their life.

Luddite
11-09-2010, 17:28
I would like to add that everybody should experience what it's like to be truly hungry at least once in their life.

I've gone 3 days without eating and it was the most miserable experience of my life.

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 17:47
Maybe I'm out of the loop on this. Near the end of my hike this year, I was weak and concerned about my health due to weight loss. I spent the better part of my youth on a wrestling mat, and believe me I missed more than a few meals to make weight. It sucks being hungry, and other than the fact that I overcame some adversity to achieve a goal, I'm not sure where being hungry has ever brought me inner peace or contentment.

Did you do any meditation while fasting or yoga? Thats the spiritual part Im referring to.

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 17:48
I've gone 3 days without eating and it was the most miserable experience of my life.
Think you guys may be missing the point here

Lone Wolf
11-09-2010, 18:03

and the point is.....?

Pony
11-09-2010, 18:18
Did you do any meditation while fasting or yoga? Thats the spiritual part Im referring to.

No. I vowed after H.S. wrestling to never again voluntarily starve myself. Is it not possible to derive the benefits of Yoga or meditation without fasting? Like I said, I must be out of the loop so this is a serious question.

Luddite
11-09-2010, 18:39

I know what you mean, but fasting needs to be deliberate. Think all the starving people of the world are on the path to Nirvana?

mweinstone
11-09-2010, 21:06
maby i used the words " hanging around resturants begging for food" way way wrong. sorry. really. i ment i go each day to resturants where i am the permanent contractor but when their is no current work,,,and i open a can of paint without asking and paint railings and the parking posts and maby fix drains and water plants and run errands. and i dont ask for anything i just hope to get a" thank you" 20. or a , "sorry , i can only give you 20 bucks",..tip. but times are bad and some folks cheap, and maby i go home haveing not gotten even a thanks. or just a bit to eat. but these are resturaunts i built and maintain and have standing accepted job proposals on, just not start orders. times are tough and folks take advantage of this sort of thing most days. but being seen painting may draw in a new customer or job. so i do it sort of like im job hunting. only while working for nothing. today was that sort where i did a couple hundrd dollars worth of skilled work and got nothing. not a thanks. and takeing food stamps when your still standing is wrong for me. just me. i got here on my own so dont understand how to ask for help. i know its wrong. sorry. dont send anything. ive never been fine and have no knowlage of anyother way.last night my best friend tina trail angel marys daughter drove from dunncannon to bring me meat and vegies and kindness. she knows me. she quickly showed me the meat was buy one get one free,...she may have just put that lable their but she knows me. i want to suffer. i want to rule suffering with an iron fist. when my art sells and im rich, ill live on the trail and own nothing but my gear and make art from the doyal and hostels and stay as poor and cold and hungry as i can. cause its what i belive in. untill the last kid eats, im not havin fun here. johney cash says what is on my heart best in man in black. its what i want. and i went 11 days with no food crossing my lips . and the last three on about 2 lbs of food.

Alpine Jack
11-09-2010, 21:40
Mattie, please PM me your current address, Im sending a care package. Also, Im heading your way just before Xmas and want to take you out to dinner. Miss you my brother:D

We need more people like you, Chaco Taco.

warraghiyagey
11-09-2010, 22:50
. i want to suffer. i want to rule suffering with an iron fist. when my art sells and im rich, ill live on the trail . . .
:sun:sun:sun

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 22:58
and the point is.....?
you are a buddhist you should know what im talking about

Chaco Taco
11-09-2010, 23:02
Well you are my friend Mattie and Im going to help you whether you like it or not. even if I have to drive to your place from NC. Its called Karma my friend and for all the nice things you have done for me and Jen its the least we can do. We love you Mattie. Stay strong

maby i used the words " hanging around resturants begging for food" way way wrong. sorry. really. i ment i go each day to resturants where i am the permanent contractor but when their is no current work,,,and i open a can of paint without asking and paint railings and the parking posts and maby fix drains and water plants and run errands. and i dont ask for anything i just hope to get a" thank you" 20. or a , "sorry , i can only give you 20 bucks",..tip. but times are bad and some folks cheap, and maby i go home haveing not gotten even a thanks. or just a bit to eat. but these are resturaunts i built and maintain and have standing accepted job proposals on, just not start orders. times are tough and folks take advantage of this sort of thing most days. but being seen painting may draw in a new customer or job. so i do it sort of like im job hunting. only while working for nothing. today was that sort where i did a couple hundrd dollars worth of skilled work and got nothing. not a thanks. and takeing food stamps when your still standing is wrong for me. just me. i got here on my own so dont understand how to ask for help. i know its wrong. sorry. dont send anything. ive never been fine and have no knowlage of anyother way.last night my best friend tina trail angel marys daughter drove from dunncannon to bring me meat and vegies and kindness. she knows me. she quickly showed me the meat was buy one get one free,...she may have just put that lable their but she knows me. i want to suffer. i want to rule suffering with an iron fist. when my art sells and im rich, ill live on the trail and own nothing but my gear and make art from the doyal and hostels and stay as poor and cold and hungry as i can. cause its what i belive in. untill the last kid eats, im not havin fun here. johney cash says what is on my heart best in man in black. its what i want. and i went 11 days with no food crossing my lips . and the last three on about 2 lbs of food.

mkmangold
11-09-2010, 23:53
It looks like you're already ruling suffering with an iron fist. Good job.
I didn't know Johnny Cash was in "Men In Black" though.

mweinstone
11-10-2010, 01:52
food cooked by an angry cook is angry food.to not eat it is to feast. after many such feasts one dies. full to the brim with life. these are my words. no one elses. i am matthew. i will remaine matthew. i am exstreemly proficient at remaining him. the world is an angry cook my friends.fast we fast, to feast to life. today, or else we lie. a lier i am. but will aside , will not stay. inside my heart, their is another one,....he has snickers and stuff.

Jayboflavin04
11-10-2010, 08:22

You da man!

njordan2
11-10-2010, 09:07
Weinstone, you make some good points in your first post. In fact, it is the most lucid post I have seen from you.

Pretty good, thanks.

IceAge
11-10-2010, 10:29
Matt, I can't send you a PM, so send one to me. I am not going to send you anything to eat, I promise.

camojack
11-11-2010, 05:02
Never thought I would see "Matty" and "lucid" in the same sentence. He should write a book (completely unedited) - it would be 100 times better than anything Bryson ever wrote.
Check out "Ulysses" by James Joyce... :rolleyes:

jerseydave
11-11-2010, 07:44

I voluntarily went 4 last year and for me it got easy after the 2nd day.
A couple vitamins and plenty of water and I wasn't hungry much at all.

I started getting light headed on day 4 however and decided that I'd better start eating again since I drive an 80,000 pound truck for a living and it's kind of a good idea to stay conscious while doing it.........

I work in the construction industry and I see how many friends are having a rough time making ends meet due to lack of work and lessening incomes....... I often find myself thinking about what it would be like if everything changed for myself and my family and we had to severely cut back, or worse yet, build that camp shelter, load up the shotgun, and live off the land.........

I'm not sure what this says about me, but I find myself thinking that out of all the things I may miss, I'd miss my cable internet the most......LOL

To get back on subject, please don't go hungry unless it's by choice.
There is simply no reason to in America. Help is there in many ways.
Seek it.

Dave

mweinstone
11-11-2010, 08:37
did a few hundred dollars worth of roofing on the same resturant. nothin. some kind of filo dough wrap with chicken and spinach and feta. that was it. and i ate it and went home. and praying, asked if maby i might just stay home and be with my god today. so im not talkin to anyone. humans need a break from me sometimes. im too giveing and selfless and humble . it really makes devils suffer. so im givin them a rest and tommorow ill slay their evil. but today the fridge is empty and the pocket too and this is why i dont ask from folks or governments in my need now,...cause its an ongoing need ill have till i die. why not get the suffering out of the way by digging in and waiting rather than eleviate a tiny part of it with a food card or a box from a friend. wanna know a secret tina? i have held it in so long and wanted to tell. you drove here months ago probubly to give me things i needed. i looked out the window when you rang, and hid. i cannot be comfortable with gifts. panzer and his beautiful wife mrs panzer gave me a box of food once and drove far to bring it in love and kindness. when panzers back was turnned after he left i threw it out. then i told him i did. then i almost lost them as friends. but diddnt. jesters mom has don the same for me many times and invites me to live their and eat whenever i want. i would die first somehow. thats how horribly screwed up i am. i dont deserve any of your kindness. i blew this life and its my problem. i still belive strongly in my arts worth and abillity to lift me to the heights of philanthripic exstasy. i actually have belived for years i am the one who will build and finance the new miss janets one day.i have known since birth i am a very powerful man who has a mission and a god. my job is to be me. thats it. i make no sence at all. about as much as my spelling. i piss folks off for being me and im forgotten after the first beer. im loved and asked to be in groups of people but never join. i dont belive any part of our current system of thinking and liveing was ever stable or ment to last. our infancy is over and wineing babies die now. adult men and women will inherit the world soon and foolishness such as our lives will be forgotten. we are all as rich or poor as were ever gonna be. its nice not to drink or smoke. goodmorning my loves.

Lone Wolf
11-11-2010, 09:05
mornin' kid

IceAge
11-11-2010, 10:50
All right, since you haven't PM'd me I am just going to tell you here in this thread.

This is what I did when I was hungry and broke and I think you can make it happen too.

As you are going around town, keep an eye out for apartments for rent. When you see one, call the number and tell the landlord how many years of painting experience you have and that you will paint any and all apartments he has vacant for $50 each plus the price of the paint. Most apartments will not even take an entire day.

Trust me, if you have experience painting and are quick, professional, and thorough, they will keep your phone number around for future work, too.

Good luck man.

mweinstone
11-11-2010, 13:23
im not a driver. so getting tools and supplys to jobsites is something i pay folks for. i am philadelphias premeir historical painter. i have most all the city owned mansions and museums under my belt. i am licensed and have searved the same group of customers since i was 16. my reputation preceeds me as neat, trusty and skilled. i have an unblemished unbroken line of exstreemly satisfied customers numbering never more than 20.included in my feathered caps feathers are:

the pennsylvaina historical sociaty
the philadelphia historical sociaty
the daughters of the colonial dames of the revolution
stenton museum
the philadelphia athenaum
glenn ford mansion
the samual powel house
the hill phisic keith house
33 floors of the PSFS building
the church of the holy communion
and many more.
to paint an apt for 50 dollars requires this:
25$ delivery of tools and supplys to site.
25$ delivery of tools and extra supplys home.
25 $ worth of mask, bootie covers and gloves no landlord is paying for.
25$ worth of wear and tear on brushes and sleaves and tools.
the cost of laundry after scrapeing lead paint.
the cost of food and water on the job.
the cost of insurance @ 800$ per year
the cost to ones health
the cost of writting a proposal and buissness cards.
the cost of becomeing known as a slop mopper who will paint for so little.
the cost of a days job hunting lost.
the cost of dealing with a landlord who pays so little.
the tax on any earned moneys.
here in philadelphia we have the BPT tax above and beyond the city state and fed tax. its a buissness privelage tax of 7 %.also, removeing lead paint without takeing the new 700$ course in removal is a first offence fine of 37,500.00$. regaurdless of the fact that ive taught proper lead and asbestose removal and encapsulation since birth. also, we charge the rent of one month to "whitewash " such an apt.so for a single bedroom apt that rents for 1600$, or even the cheapest renting for 800$, the owner gets one coat of flat bone white on all surfaces. trim too. and that usually takes 2 to 3 days with minor patching and cleaning. for 50 bucks you can paint a bathroom or entrance vestibule for a slumlord only. and to not report tax or not have a lead cert,...one risks all future earnings.

mweinstone
11-11-2010, 13:33
but yeah, breaking the law you could do it. i dont break the law. its broken enough.and i have hope and faith in my geni.who likes me to call him god.but the phone just rang. its the same resturant that has been abuseing my kindness all week. they wanna know if i can come work for nothing. well, for a weirdo meal. i said yes. ill be their in 20 min. the owners father was like a father to me and i dont refuse his daughters. they must feel guilty someday . i hope. and toss me some rent.my landladys got a hell of an evil stare going when i see her downstairs in the store they own each day.watch...ill be in the louve museum like,........by tommorow. and we will all laugh over tea at janets!lol. thank god for hikerdom.

sbhikes
11-11-2010, 13:44
Have you tried Freegan-style dumpster diving? Apparently lots of unopened food gets thrown away from larger stores.

HiKen2011
11-11-2010, 13:47
but yeah, breaking the law you could do it. i dont break the law. its broken enough.and i have hope and faith in my geni.who likes me to call him god.but the phone just rang. its the same resturant that has been abuseing my kindness all week. they wanna know if i can come work for nothing. well, for a weirdo meal. i said yes. ill be their in 20 min. the owners father was like a father to me and i dont refuse his daughters. they must feel guilty someday . i hope. and toss me some rent.my landladys got a hell of an evil stare going when i see her downstairs in the store they own each day.watch...ill be in the louve museum like,........by tommorow. and we will all laugh over tea at janets!lol. thank god for hikerdom.

Again, I'd love to help u out, really!!! PM me, give me ur address and I'll send u a care package with food and money!! :sun:sun I'd love:sun to think people would help me if I needed it, and I have needed before with no help. Please PM me

Ken

Luddite
11-11-2010, 14:04
Have you tried Freegan-style dumpster diving? Apparently lots of unopened food gets thrown away from larger stores.

You can find unopened and unexpired food in dumpsters. More and more stores are using trash compactors though.

sbhikes
11-11-2010, 14:27
I think mathewski would rather help himself than tell people how to reach him to send packages. There's a possibility that he doesn't really exist, too.