PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Red Sox Nation

Jack Tarlin
12-11-2004, 17:26
Die-hard Red Sox fans may wish to check out www.redsoxsupper.com

Non Sox fans or the humor deprived may wish to skip this.

Merry Christmas!

Mags
12-11-2004, 19:07
Oh, that is very sweet!

WWJDD indeed!

I am sending this link the owner of my company. A fellow RI expat and long time Red Sox fan.

Groucho
12-11-2004, 19:33
Die-hard Red Sox fans may wish to check out www.redsoxsupper.com

Non Sox fans or the humor deprived may wish to skip this.

Merry Christmas!

Funny, but which Sox player is Judas?

A-Train
12-11-2004, 19:36
The picture is great, but $2200 bucks. Jesus Christ! (or Johhny Damon)

Sly
12-11-2004, 21:38
LOL... Love the T-shirt. Wonder if my bible belt brethren would. :-?

I may just have to get one and find out!

Bear Magnet
12-12-2004, 16:13
I always did think that Johnny Damon looks more like a thru-hiker than any other athlete out there.

How would you describe his performance in the ALCS in AT terms? Taking too many zeros, loafing in town, and then pulling a 45 mile day in the Wilderness to finish before Oct 31st?

It is an amusing T-Shirt. By all means, keep enjoying the moment, Red Sox fans. You deserve it.

But Yanks in 2005. With Pavano and Milton we might not have a 2 1/2 man rotation this season.

Bear Magnet
Jonathan Amato

celt
12-12-2004, 16:42
David Ortiz is Judas

Renteria and Wells: 13th & 14th Apostles. Although some of the 1-12 slots may open up eventually.

The Scribe
12-12-2004, 17:31
Well, we were all shivering in our boots when GQ cover boy A-Rod signed with NY last year and it worked out all right.

But we wanted Pavano and ended up with Wells?

I mean Pedro can't go more than 100 pitches and Wells can't lift more than 16 ounces or he will throw out his back.

How many days till spring training?

I can't wait.

PCM

Puck
12-13-2004, 15:51
That would be Roger Clemens

rickb
12-13-2004, 17:37
While others are certainly more knowledgeable about such things, I hope we are not promoting an unlicensed product here on White Blaze.

That would be tantamount to promoting theft— which could be argued as the moral equivalent of promoting trespass through a zoo.

Perhaps I am just being sensitive, where it comes to the RedSox. Earlier today I picked up a Redsox/Yakee chess set at the Mobile Gas Station, and took particular exception to discovering that Pedro was representing the Queen!

Does anyone know the phone number for their hotel in San Diego?

Jack Tarlin
12-13-2004, 18:06
Nice try Rick, if a little snotty.

The items in question do not in any way, shape, or form pretend to officially represent the Boston Red Sox baseball club. These are obviously "parody" items. I also note that the design in question has been legally copyrighted, which would leave one to believe that the manufacturers checked out the propriety of their operation. The redsoxsupper.com website has been published in the Boston Globe and elsewhere Rick, so it doesn't look like the team is too upset about this. Surely, they're aware of it.

So actually, comparing the designers of this artwork to hikers who promote theft or encourage other hikers to commit crimes......well, that's a pretty foolish argument.

Frankly Rick, you're capable of better comments, but if you really wish to revive the Warren Doyle discussion, we can go over it again, but I gotta tell you that most folks here would undoubtedly rather discuss something else.

MOWGLI
12-13-2004, 20:12
Perdro to the Mets; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6664502/

Are the wheels coming off the Red Sox bus already?

Mountain Dew
12-14-2004, 02:01
<---Yankee hater ! Red Sox won...hhmmm o.k. so if my TEXAS Rangers couldn't win atleast it wasn't the $200 million dollar payroll yankees. I only wish that Pedro gets an unjury keeping him from hall of fame credentials if he isn't already there. Looks like Kapler went to Japan to escape removing the needle from his gluteus maximus. Red Sox GM was all of 28 years old, but he DID have the second highest payroll in baseball to play with. Sigh .....atleast it wasn't the ring buying yankees !!!

judgeh
12-14-2004, 07:32
Say goodbye to Pedro. Not a bad move unless you've just signed a gimpy kneed, ancient, out of shape and bad backed in games that count, David Wells. There's reasons why Cashman didn't sign him.

Dirty Sawx fans are finally realizing what we Yankee fans have known for 80 years. It's tougher to repeat than it looks!

Puck
12-14-2004, 12:27
Dirty Sawx fans are finally realizing what we Yankee fans have known for 80 years. It's tougher to repeat than it looks!
We Sox fans know this all to well....it took 86 years to repeat....