PDA

View Full Version : searching or using the search tab

Megapixel
11-09-2010, 22:55
i often find it laborious and rather inefficient when i use the search feature on whiteblaze threads. Can someone out there provide some pointers that could help users better utilize this feature?

Tinker
11-09-2010, 22:58
Nope. I agree. Laborious and ineffecient it is.

Mags
11-09-2010, 23:11
Use google to search white blaze...

Examples:
stoves site:whiteblaze.net (http://www.google.com/search?q=stoves+site%3Awhiteblaze.net&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

water treatment site:whiteblaze.net (http://www.google.com/search?q=water+treamtment+site%3Awww.whitblaze.net&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=sAh&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&&sa=X&ei=Pg3aTMOROIKKlwfF4ISECQ&ved=0CBcQvwUoAQ&q=water+treatment+site%3Awww.whiteblaze.net&spell=1&fp=2289185d5cea093)

...and so on.

DapperD
11-10-2010, 00:02
i often find it laborious and rather inefficient when i use the search feature on whiteblaze threads. Can someone out there provide some pointers that could help users better utilize this feature?If you are searching for specific threads, threads and/or posts by other members, specific key word searches, etc...I like to click search and then click on advanced search. This will open up a whole host of different search options:sun

danger zone
11-19-2010, 19:24
I've been using the search to try and change my age from 4...to 47, and can't find any info. I can change other things but not that. Am I missing something....thoughts or suggestions

Luddite
11-19-2010, 19:36
I've never been able to figure out to search on this forum.

Mags is right...Google works better.

Spokes
11-19-2010, 19:49
Google rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skidsteer
11-19-2010, 20:54
I've been using the search to try and change my age from 4...to 47, and can't find any info. I can change other things but not that. Am I missing something....thoughts or suggestions

Go to your user CP to change your age. Link is at the top of the page between Blogs and FAQ.

leaftye
11-19-2010, 20:56
Go to your user CP to change your age. Link is at the top of the page between Blogs and FAQ.

Yes, but where in the User CP is the option to change your age?

Skidsteer
11-19-2010, 21:05
Yes, but where in the User CP is the option to change your age?

I'll be darned. They changed the settings so you can't adjust your age. :confused: :confused:

4eyedbuzzard
11-20-2010, 08:26
I'll be darned. They changed the settings so you can't adjust your age. :confused: :confused:

Hmm, it says "Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed". :confused: :-? I'm really trying to get a grasp on this concept, 'cause I'd love to change my date of birth to somewhere in the 80's. I'm not picky, I'll take whatever day is available.

Pedaling Fool
11-20-2010, 08:50
I've had luck with the search function, but there have been times when it just wouldn't work. I've found it best if you can think of one word (unique word) you can usually find the thread.

The more information you put in the search tab the less likely you'll find what you're looking for.

An example, I just placed a random word (Rhythem) in the search tab and came up with this http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=8968601

And if you type in the word Hiker in the search tab, you're going to get a ton of threads, so best not to use a common word.

danger zone
11-22-2010, 14:05
Thanks for looking...I looked long and hard before posting...thought I was just overlooking an easy fix

Luddite
11-22-2010, 14:12
Thanks for looking...I looked long and hard before posting...thought I was just overlooking an easy fix

Haha you're 4.

danger zone
11-22-2010, 14:32
Haha you're 4.
That's ok...I get to start over again... jealousy is so ugly:D