PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day

Furlough
11-11-2010, 06:35
Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans out there. Thank you for your service to our nation.Take a moment today to think of all who are serving in harms way and to thank all who have been there.

Furlough

mweinstone
11-11-2010, 08:49
to the familys of the dead. thank your son or daughter that my son lives in a protected world free from the unfettered comand of hitler and musolini and khan.thank them that our flag flys and that our brave are home. some. thank them for our national anthems shivers it sends. thank them for the blood i keep they spilled. thank them for the dog i pet and the woman i kiss. thank soldiers for their honor instilled in me i pray. thank them for matthew claude weinstone. god bless troops. ours and theirs. with appropriate blessings.

canoehead
11-11-2010, 09:19
Thanks........

-SEEKER-
11-11-2010, 10:14
Happy Veterans Day! A heartfelt thank you to all who have served and are serving at this time. It means so much to me to have the freedom to do so many things, my favorite of which is to section hike the trail. Stay safe and be well.

Rain Man
11-11-2010, 10:43
Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans out there. Thank you for your service to our nation.Take a moment today to think of all who are serving in harms way and to thank all who have been there.

AMEN. My family has had veterans from (and some died in) US wars all the way back to the Revolutionary War. My father is still alive (USS Los Angeles, Pacific, WWII). My wife's father also served in the Pacific as a SeeBee (survived, but now deceased). My wife's brother was KIA in Vietnam.

I thank them all, family or not. Our flag is flying today. It originally flew over the US Capitol.

Rain Man

russb
11-11-2010, 12:58
Thank you to all the veterans, and their families.

RETCW4
11-11-2010, 13:14
Thank all of you for your support. My daughter will deploy in a few months. third generation going to war.

tumbleweed

Iceaxe
11-11-2010, 13:50
THANK YOU!
To all the men and women of the armed forces, past and present, for your commitment to keep all of us free to pursue our dreams.

John Klein
11-11-2010, 22:08
Thank you to all veterans. My son is a new Marine, just graduated from Parris Island last month. While he was there, he often wrote home about what he wanted to do together on leave after boot camp. He knew I liked hiking so he suggested we do that. Towards the end, considering the conditioning hikes they did there, the 45 pound packs, and final test of The Crucible, we thought better than to go hiking on his leave. I wanted him to think of "civilian" hiking as enjoyable, but boot camp was still very fresh in his mind.

4eyedbuzzard
11-11-2010, 22:33
Thanks to all the Veterans past, present, and future for serving and putting their lives on the line for our nation.