PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want Free Boots?

Elder
11-17-2010, 13:34
www.sport-hansa.com (http://www.sport-hansa.com)

They are the new American distributers of Gronnell Boots, one of Italy's finest. They want to promote the quality and fit, so go to the website and check out the application for details.

and Yes, I am the rep//Leki too!

Spokes
11-17-2010, 13:37
Will Mountain Crossings carry them?

Elder
11-17-2010, 13:54
Will Mountain Crossings carry them?
I hope so! :D
They can special order now.
The Tibet has been described as good as a Limmer without the wait.
Who says? Jeremy at Smoky Mountain Foot and Ankle clinic, the pedorthist who makes the footbeds for the podiatrists, and one of the best bootfitters around.
Thanks for asking.

Mags
11-17-2010, 14:12

They are the new American distributers of Gronnell Boots, one of Italy's finest. They want to promote the quality and fit, so go to the website and check out the application for details.

and Yes, I am the rep//Leki too!

Their office about 10 minutes away from mine... :)

Texico
11-17-2010, 16:05
Holy crap! The "Forest" Trekking shoe weighs 4000g for a size 8! I think I found a typo...

leaftye
11-17-2010, 16:55
Elder, can you tell us more about these boots? $350 is a lot on leather boots. There are things I see that I really like, like the full leather interior, no waterproof liner and sewn on vibram sole. If the last was created using the updated mold shown at the Outdoor Retailer show, I'd really like to know because it provides some assurance that the toe box will be more suitable for long distance hiking. Also, since the replaceable sole is a selling point, will Gronell sell replacement mid- and out-soles directly to customers so that we don't have to hope our cobbler can find an appropriate replacement on their own? Even though I'll probably continue using trail running shoes for long distance on-trail treks, I would still like a set of boots for some trips, especially now that my feet have outgrown all of my boots.

Elder
11-17-2010, 18:40
I was not with Gronnel (Sport-hansa) at the last OR, but I know they are the Italian made/lasted boots.So..probably?
The Forest is a heavy duty backpacking/light mountaineering boot. Much more the traditional boot than some others. Yes, they are heavy.
There are several other styles being imported, both lighter and heavier.
Outsole materials are easily available, the midsoles, special from Italy in many, many, miles.
Will Mountain Crossings carry them? I hope Yes, but not the Forest, probably the lighter boots up to the Tibet.
Thanks

Elder
11-17-2010, 19:03
ACK! The boots being offered are Klondikes, not Forests'.
Sorry for the confusion, descriptions still apply. :o

leaftye
11-17-2010, 19:11
Outsole materials are easily available, the midsoles, special from Italy in many, many, miles.

Maybe I drank too much coffee. Is that a yes? The midsole seems like the most difficult part of getting a boot resoled. I've read a few stories about a resoled boot not fitting properly because of a poorly chosen midsole. I sure would love a boot that I can literally wear for a lifetime. You're right, outsoles are easily obtained. I would want to buy a few midsoles upfront and put them in storage.

Sierra Echo
11-17-2010, 19:21
You should offer up some free trekking poles! Now I could use those!

STICK
11-17-2010, 19:41
I am not on facebook and don't think I want to be... An update on FB every 2 weeks for a year is a lot in my opinion. I could see once a month, but oh well. That's cool. Maybe someone will get to try some great boots.

Luddite
11-17-2010, 19:43
So to get the free boots one has to go on facebook and update something for a year? Like review the boots or what?

leaftye
11-17-2010, 19:46
I think the hardest part of doing the updates is having something to report. Unfortunately I don't get out on the trail often enough to provide updates every two weeks. I would be so happy if I hiked a different trail every two weeks for a year.

burntoutphilosopher
11-17-2010, 19:47
coincidentally today i learned that at my job shoes are not longer allowed after the first of the year...

...i applied.

leaftye
11-17-2010, 19:53
I hope you get it Paul. I think a set of boots like this would suit you well as long as you don't need safety toe boots. I don't think you'd want to use it on the PCT, but this type of boot is what I'd go after for long distance hiking if I wore a real boot...although the weight would be torture on my already weak hip flexors. That's me though. My right hip flexor was killing me when I hiked San Jacinto last week.

sporthansa
11-23-2010, 09:44
Hello Everyone. I am from Sport Hansa and wanted to add a quick note about the Gronell contest. That posting frequency (on Facebook) is certainly not set it stone - it is really a guideline. We would just like to hear about how life is going with your Klondikes over the year. It would be natural for there to be more postings from the trail and gaps in postings when nothing much in going on, which would be fine.

burntoutphilosopher
11-23-2010, 18:12
sporthansa, how long after we email will we hear about making it to the next round in the contest?

~Paul

sporthansa
12-01-2010, 22:11
Paul - Its a one round contest. We will review the entries on the 27th of December and share with the contestants whether they won on not on the 28th (and ship the boots right away). Please send your entry - we are excited to hear from you! Matt / Sport Hansa

camper10469
12-03-2010, 18:28
Paul - Its a one round contest. We will review the entries on the 27th of December and share with the contestants whether they won on not on the 28th (and ship the boots right away). Please send your entry - we are excited to hear from you! Matt / Sport Hansa

This is what I got when I e-mailed you tonight...

Unfortunately, your mail was not delivered to the following address:

<info@sport-­hansa.com (http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/new/21?folder=Inbox&msgNum=00000X00:001CyMsw00003ZQr&count=1291415173&attachId=0&isUnDisplayableMail=yes&blockImages=0#)>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sport-?hansa.com. (#5.1.2)

Is this how yuo're out starting with us?

Elder
12-03-2010, 19:29
The proposed contract meant Facebook updates etc. as appropriate..

burntoutphilosopher
12-03-2010, 20:30
truncated:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sport-?hansa.com. (#5.1.2)

Is this how yuo're out starting with us?

What a rude and ignorant comment. great job challenging the stereotype of new yorkers (whom the one's i've met have actually been pleasant... 'till you of course).

god forbid you be angry that you don't have every opportunity to get what is actually a free gift from someone.
... what a prick.

Finnguy
12-04-2010, 01:21
I applied and this is a great opportunity. I can't find your facebook page, could you post a link?

camper10469
12-04-2010, 03:27
What a rude and ignorant comment. great job challenging the stereotype of new yorkers (whom the one's i've met have actually been pleasant... 'till you of course).

god forbid you be angry that you don't have every opportunity to get what is actually a free gift from someone.
... what a prick.

Piss off.

That's rude of you to assume so much. And how long have you known me? So what gives you the right to make accusations? :-?

leaftye
12-04-2010, 10:18
Paul (the smarter one), I bet you already found the FB page since the Sport Hansa guy already gave enough information to find it, especially for $300 boots. Regardless, I'll send it to you anyway since I'm rooting for you.

sbhikes
12-04-2010, 12:16
That is way too much boot for me for just a little walk in the forest. But I wish you well with your endeavor.

sporthansa
12-30-2010, 23:40
Quick update on this promotion - Thank you to everyone who took part! The contest is now closed and we have selected the 3 winners. If you are interested in seeing what they intend to do with their Gronell Klondikes, we have posted their entries here - http://www.sport-hansa.com/assets/KlondikeWinningEntries29Dec10.pdf

Trillium
12-31-2010, 01:47
sounds like you chose some great winners.

handlebar
01-06-2011, 20:39
Haven't received the boots yet, but I know they are on the way. Sport Hansa is sending two pairs so I'll get the size right (and send the other pair back to them). I'll break them in by wearing them around the house and in my day-to-day activities. By March 15 they should be well broken-in and ready for when I hit the Allegheny Trail. I'll be hiking that sobo to get my trail legs back for the planned continuation of my CDT thru-hike (after 340 zeros, hah!) beginning in early July.