bfitz
03-06-2007, 20:50
Nice bouquet, no stay.

bfitz
03-06-2007, 20:51
That's gonna leave a mark!

Jester2000
03-06-2007, 20:59
Actually, the correct hiker thing to say is "Some a$$holes talking $hit behind my back. . ." (Southern)

or "The often heard but seldom seen Vermont Barking Spider." (Northern)

ed bell
I thought barking spiders were only found in Florida.

Midway Sam
Question for the shelter etiquette gurus - what is the proper thing to say after letting out a loud fart?

"Hey, not bad for a hairlip."

Footslogger
03-06-2007, 21:40
[quote=Hog On Ice;334481]Question for the shelter etiquette gurus - what is the proper thing to say after letting out a loud fart ?

=======================================

I'm definitely NOT a shelter etiquitee guru, but I would say it depends who fired the shot ...

'Slogger

Jester2000
03-06-2007, 21:49
I also like "The Orchestra of Bodily Functions is tuning up for tonight's performance!"

Skidsteer
03-06-2007, 21:51
Run out of the shelter crying, "Geese! I want to see the geese!"

Footslogger
03-06-2007, 21:53
When it comes to farting in shelters I think it's like throwing a big party in your home. How do you avoid complaints from the neighbors ??? ...you INVITE them !!

If there's gonna be a lot of gas passing I think the right thing to do is announce that a game of "Fart Baseball" is about to begin and set it up as a competition !!

'Slogger

Gray Blazer
03-06-2007, 21:53
Jester's Shelter Etiquette Rules
(to be posted in every shelter on the AT)

1) Upon arriving at a shelter, ask politely if there is room in the shelter. When the person inside informs you that you are at the privy, excuse yourself and find the shelter. Then firmly plant your flag and announce, "I hereby claim this shelter for Spain!"

2) If you need to change your clothes in the shelter, announce that you are about to do so. This allows some to avert their eyes, and others to charge up the flashes on their cameras. Inviting others to get naked with you is considered polite and classy.

3) All softball played inside the shelter must be slow pitch only.

4) If you absolutely must ingest illegal drugs, do so while wearing a full indian war bonnet, and claim that it is for sacramental purposes only.

5)Walking on the sleeping deck in boots is only permitted if said boots have clear heels filled with goldfish.

6)Only one tuba solo per evening.

7)Building a fire inside the shelter is only permitted if
a)it is very cold
b)the fuel is all deadfall
c)you are as stupid and insane as a syphilitic donkey

8) No couscous.

9) Nine PM is considered hiker midnight. After this time, the only songs that can be sung aloud are "The Humpty Dance," "Baby Got Back," and "Desperado." (New Jersey only)

10) If you insist on bringing him with you, you must be understanding of the fact that sooner or later someone is going to try to eat your dog.That's good stuff. I'm gonna copy that and use it.:banana

Jester2000
03-06-2007, 21:54
Post in all AT shelter!!!!

saimyoji
03-29-2007, 07:34
Post in all AT shelter!!!!

Apparently there are shelter rules in some places....

....Maybe someone with better eyes than I could transcribe this list....

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=1522&catid=515

Jester2000
03-29-2007, 18:00
I think we can all at least see that my list of rules is better.

That list doesn't mention tubas or couscous.

At all.

ShakeyLeggs
03-29-2007, 18:23
Question for the shelter etiquette gurus - what is the proper thing to say after letting out a loud fart :

1. first base!
2. is there an echo in here?
3. your turn.
4. dang near schart myself there.
5. are you done eating?
6. anyone got a match?
7. say nothing but have a big grin.
8. which way is the privy?
9. I think my hemorrhoids are still a-flapping from that one.
10. hum I think I'll give that one a 9.4 score.

Speak O Toothless Wonder

frieden
03-29-2007, 18:33
Thank you, Jester. Well done! :D