PDA

View Full Version : getting to the FT from the AT

Trailbender
11-18-2010, 11:12
I can't seem to find much specific info on this. I know that you hit the BMT, then connect somehow to the Pinhoti, then a roadwalk, but how, exactly? I can't find any guides on this section.

Rainman
11-18-2010, 11:24
I have not done, but my understanding is that it is a road walk from the southern terminus of the Pinhoti to the northern terminus of the FT. For that, you will probably need a road map.

SGT Rock
11-18-2010, 11:44
If you take the BMT off Springer, it is about 63 miles on the BMT. My guidebook lists the Pinhoti northern terminus so you know where to find it.

From there it is about 300 miles on the Pinhoti. As far as I know there isn't a good guidebook on it. When I hiked what was the Pinhoti in 2000 it took me forever to find maps, and they were not always right. Add to that the trail has changed a great deal in the last 10 years.

The best place to find information about this hike is on Nimbelwill Nomad's site:

http://www.nimblewillnomad.com/eastern_continental_trail_guide.htm

mweinstone
11-21-2010, 02:48
if you call me i will give you the number of a thruhiker who would love to give you all the best info on that from last year when he hiked the whole pinnote and most of the at for a second time. he is a wealth of information and hails from pensycolla but originaly minnesota. matthewski 215 668 0898