PDA

View Full Version : Putting the weight back on?

SGT Rock
11-21-2002, 12:04
What, if ever, did you cut from your pack that you later regretted and added back into your packing list?

Or what did you relpace for a lighter item then decided it was a mistake and switch back or again for another item?

slabfoot
11-21-2002, 12:26
3/8 in. blue foam pad retired in favor of my old 3/4 length thermarest.
space blanket full of holes exchanged for my original 3 mil. plastic ground clth.
swa inline gavity filter pitched and back to using filter pump.
small bag of leader, hooks, flies,splitshot abandonned for an old pack fly rod and reel.
it seems that some things that i thought just added weight, also added comfort, durability and fun.

Moose2001
11-21-2002, 14:08
Dumped my polypro in Pearisburg. Sent the bottoms home and switched to a very lightweight top. I also switched to a lightweight summer bag at the sametime. After serveral sleepless, freezing nights, had my wife ship me back the heavyweight polypro. Slept like a baby again. Brrrrrrrrr, who says it doesn't get cold in VA????

Raccoon
11-26-2002, 16:04
I switched from a 13 ounce hammock to a 43 ounce Hennessy Hammock, which in turn is triggering other repercussions for the rest of my gear load. I'm hoping that I'll eventually get back to my old weight, where I can use the 15 ounce hammock model, and get back to my old packweight thereby.

But no, I'm not giving up my hammock!