PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland Island Maps

Giggity
11-19-2010, 17:24
Hey Guys. My buddy and I are planning a weekend excursion next month and doing some backpacking on Cumberland Island in GA. Anyone have any good maps for the island or just the map on the NPS website? Thanks for the info.

flemdawg1
11-23-2010, 17:45
http://www.nps.gov/cuis/index.htm

bpitt
11-23-2010, 19:34
I have visited nearby Jekyll Island a few times now. I have always wanted to explore Cumberland Island. I do hear they have quite a few wild hogs on the island, so be careful. Do please post how your trip went after you return.

Giggity
12-09-2010, 17:03
Will definitely posts some pics. Planning to go next week. Mon-Thurs. Will see if this cold front stays with us. Unseasonably cold. lol.

swamp dawg
12-09-2010, 19:51
You can pick up a back country map, which is more detailed, at the Sea Camp visitors center after you get off the ferry. This is the place you sign up for the back country or Sea Camp campground. Cumberland is great this time of the year because the weather temp are just cool enough for great hiking and the bugs have gone south. swamp dawg

Giggity
12-14-2010, 00:20
Thanks for the info. Ended up not going because of the weather. 1st winter since ankle surgery and it's not handling it very well. Weather in the teens at night down here. Gonna head to Bayard Conservation Area in Green Cove Springs for an overnight later this week. Not nearly as cold.