PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Zeus vs Mont Bell Thermawrap

Bearbag
11-22-2010, 11:39
any opinions on which is better jacket for late fall / winter hiking? (Marmot Zeus or Mont Bell Thermawrap or Mont Bell Alpine)

bulldog49
11-22-2010, 13:23
any opinions on which is better jacket for late fall / winter hiking? (Marmot Zeus or Mont Bell Thermawrap or Mont Bell Alpine)

If you are interested in the [B][U]best[B][U] jacket here it is:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-mens-nano-puff-pullover?p=84020-0-602&pcc=1128 ;)

walkin' wally
11-23-2010, 08:35
I have the Thermawrap and that is what I will take on my thru hike. In the cool-cold weather we have had so far here in Maine this Fall the jacket has been very warm without a lot of layers. I bought it because it was on sale at Harper's Ferry outfitters and it only weighs 8 ounces or so in the medium size. Mine is a large. I wanted less bulk in my pack so no large puff jacket.

I see the Patagonia jacket is a pullover and I just prefer a full zipper. The Pat. jacket is a little heavier also. I think the materials are similar for the two.

Mostly why I bought the T-wrap was the sale price. The Marmot looked nice too. Maybe they will all be on sale somewhere during the Winter.

Just my opinion:sun

Don H
11-23-2010, 08:42
Whatever you buy I think a full zip is worth while having for ventilation. I have the TW jacket. I also have the TW pants. Haven't decided if I'll take those on my thru but they sure are nice sleeping in the set when it's cold.

walkin' wally
11-23-2010, 08:48
Whatever you buy I think a full zip is worth while having for ventilation. I have the TW jacket. I also have the TW pants. Haven't decided if I'll take those on my thru but they sure are nice sleeping in the set when it's cold.

Interesting. I didn't know they made pants.

Bearbag
11-23-2010, 13:15
cool, thanks for the input