PDA

View Full Version : new Hennessy Hammock with zip

strollingalong
11-23-2010, 14:41
Any good? better before? what the diddly?

strollingalong
11-23-2010, 14:47
as in the old ones have open velco bottoms... the new ones a side zip.

scope
11-23-2010, 14:58
Haven't seen, but I guess its the same, except for the obvious top-loading functionality instead of the velcro bottom slit. The deal is that its much easier to use a pad, or to make adjustments to an UQ, in a top-loading hammock. For this reason, many of us HH users have had 2QZQ do a zipper modification with the bugnet. For more info, go to hammockforums.net.

jtbradyl
11-23-2010, 15:12
There's one currently for sale on hammock forums, an HH Expedition with zipper mods and with suspension.

rip waverly
11-23-2010, 18:19
top loader / zipper outperforms the bottom entry imho.

strollingalong
11-23-2010, 20:42

my concern as someone with no experience with hammock camping, just drinking micheladas in them on the coast of Oaxaca, is that the zip might be a little fragile over a long period?

Dogwood
11-23-2010, 22:29

I'm of like opinion. With the new style I would expect to see more used old style bottom entry without the zip or side entry versions become available to be sold used. Either way though, Hennessey Hammocks, particularly the Asym UL versions, are quality hammocks that have provided this tall hanger many nights of comfortable side sleeping snoozing!

CinciJP
11-27-2010, 14:45
I emailed Hennessy about the Ultralight A-Sym Zip model, and one thing they said is that it lays flatter (side-to-side) than the bottom entry model. I have an issue with ENO's pressing into my knee cap and making it hurt. Although I think I'm moving to a Warbonnet purchase now.