PDA

View Full Version : LevaGaiter

Dirty Nails
11-26-2010, 00:05
Has anyone tried the "LevaGaiters"?

http://www.simblissity.net/levagaiter.htm#features

They claim to require no cord or velcro. I'm particularly interested in hearing if they really stay in place.
Please respond only if you have first hand experience.
Thanks!

Phreak
11-26-2010, 21:55
I bought a pair for my JMT & TRT hikes this year and was disappointed with them. They are now collecting dust in my basement.

RayBan
01-21-2011, 02:40
I sold mine, primarily because I decided to not use any form of gaiter whatsoever, but I can tell you several things about the Levagaiter based on my experience : (1) they don't move around much at all - in brush or whatever -if properly sized/adjusted; (2) they keep virtually everything out of your shoe given the close-fitting "cuffs" around the top and bottom; (3) the material seemed very durable but also flexible enough to wear very comfortably; (4) they repelled water/muck very very well and didn't "overheat" my feet/socks.

Over all, I recommend them. The only real downside I see (aside from their relatively low height and the lesser protection that comes with that) is one inherent to virtually all other gaiters: if you want to make adustments to shoelace tension for extended uphill/downhill areas you have to unfasten and re-fasten the gaiter each time, which can become annoying.

Phreak
01-23-2011, 13:31
Im currently using a pair of Dirty Girl gaiters and they are the *****. My favorite gaiters.