PDA

View Full Version : Monadnock, NH Questions

Driver8
11-26-2010, 14:43
Headed to Monadnock with friend tomorrow. Anyone hike it recently? Any ice/snow issues as yet? Is the white dot trail OK to head up in regular boots/shoes with a trekking poll or two?

Also, we're driving from Hartford, CT area. Does anyone here know if the road from Fitzwilliam to Monadnock is driveable all the way through in a civilian two-wheel-drive car?

Driver8
11-26-2010, 15:00
Per park ranger, the last 1/4th of the way up on all trails is solid ice. See you next spring, Big M! :)

Ironbelly
11-26-2010, 21:52
Driver8, if your looking for some trails without snow or ice close to home let me know. I am in Bristol, CT and know of quite a few good trails within an hour of you.

Driver8
11-27-2010, 00:44
Cool, thanks Ironbelly. Am headed with friend to Bear/Everett area in the am - hoping there's no ice issue out there - figure Undermtn to southerly approach of Bear s/b OK, may try Everett/Race via Race Brook approach - love those falls. I've got the West book. Do you like Mile of Ledges area? I've not hit that yet.

Wanna meet up and hike sometime soon? Let me know.

Thx,
Chris

Ironbelly
11-27-2010, 18:23
I really like the Mile of Ledges area. Would love to meet up for a hike sometime. I am always looking for a hiking/backpacking partner. Shoot me an email or pm sometime and we can meet up.

Joker4ink
11-28-2010, 13:58
Not to high-jack the thread, but I'm from Southington. If you guys are looking to go out some time just shoot me a PM. I'm did the Metacomet and Mattabesset and looking to keep working on the CT 400.

Ironbelly
11-28-2010, 17:18
We might try to meet up this coming weekend, more than likely Sunday, to do the Mile of Ledges area of the Tunxis would you be interested?

Driver8
11-28-2010, 21:20
Not to high-jack the thread, but I'm from Southington. If you guys are looking to go out some time just shoot me a PM. I'm did the Metacomet and Mattabesset and looking to keep working on the CT 400.

I'm game for Mile of Ledges or for a trip out to the Taconics to do Everett/Race via the Race Brook trail - the falls are gorgeous.