PDA

View Full Version : Camera lost on A.T. - PA/MD

Lauriep
11-29-2010, 16:04
Lost: On the A.T. between Antietam Shelter in southern PA and High Rock area in Maryland on November 22, 2010, a digital camera in a brown/gray zippered case.

Last photo taken was of the routed Pennsylvania AT sign at Old Forge Road.
Camera is probably in the leaves along trail.

If found send to:

Ed Talone
1422 Fenwick Lane
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910

english
12-01-2010, 00:13
Make sure you pass the info onto the ATC too. They'll post it in their magazine & on the web maybe

Hikerhead
12-01-2010, 04:01
Make sure you pass the info onto the ATC too. They'll post it in their magazine & on the web maybe

Ummm....she is the ATC lol. :)

WalkingStick75
12-02-2010, 16:48
On every SD card, memory stick, flash drive etc that I own I place a read only file called owner.txt just in case I loose the device. Along with my contact info I also state that if the card is returned I will replace give them a new card for their trouble.

Yes, I did loose a flash drive once, it was returned and I had tiger direct send him a new flash drive double the size that I lost directly to him.

Lauriep
12-02-2010, 18:15
Good tip, Walking Stick!

How do you get a text file onto a camera memory card--or is "read the instruction booklet" the answer?

Username75
12-03-2010, 04:32
Thru a Card Reader USB Type.
1 type up a Make a File in Notepad.
2 Name it Owner Info
3 Open Notepad
4 type a short description, of
gear
5 under it Your Contact Info
6 insert Your SD card into the reader
7 from windows explorer transfer Your File
to Your SD card
8 repeat on all Your cards
9 Store Your Cards
10 go Hiking

Don H
12-03-2010, 11:36
I just wrote my name, address, and cell number on a sheet of paper and took a picture of it.

kayak karl
12-03-2010, 12:44
I just wrote my name, address, and cell number on a sheet of paper and took a picture of it.
or a pic of your business card

Wise Old Owl
12-03-2010, 13:07
I have discovered when officers get "returned stolen mechandise" such as cameras jewelry and stuff. they WONT take the time to look inside, They only take the time to look at identifing marks on the shell or inside the battery compartment. Although I too take a picture of indentification as described in the above posts...

One should always put your drivers licence number and state on the shell or inside the battery compartment. Don't forget your GPS too.

Don H
12-03-2010, 23:00
or a pic of your business card

But I don't have a business;)

WalkingStick75
12-04-2010, 00:38
All good ideas.... but do not forget to make it "read only". To do this when it is in the card reader right click on the text file or .jpg file of the information picture an check the box "read only"